Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Louisiana
THOR #1597
Windsport 32N

Thanks to this board for the advice and help. My wife and I have been looking at the Fleetwood Storm and Thor ACE 30.2. We had a bit of a bidding war with a few RV dealers in our area, and almost purchased the Storm. We were going with the Storm on price alone, we like everything about the ACE more. If they had not tried to raise the price by thousands of dollars at the last minute, we would probably own that one today.

I am glad the deal died. After the deal cratered becuase of a disreputable dealer, we went back and reevaulated everything about our process. I reread all my posts on the forums. I remember someone suggesting to look at a Hurricane. We decided that we were to price focused on coached that amounted to 10k difference. That is not a small amount, but when you are spending this kind of money, we decided to get what we want and not settle. Especially Windsport/Hurricane is in the price range we are comfortable with. We went to a RV show and it was the first time we saw the windsport. Its the first coach we both walked into and had a WOW reaction. We literally spent like 2 hours in the coach at the RV show thinking through how we would use all the parts and layout for camping. There was a THOR rep there and he went through both the ACE and Windsport features and specs. He was very helpful. Even the kids got into the act and helped. So, we have decided to just go for it and get the coach we want instead of settling on something. We are now looking for the right coach, 32N, and have decided to wait for the right deal instead of being impulsive. Thanks for all the advice from fellow RVers.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Those darn RV shows are notoriously dangerous! I attended a local show with a free ticket. I was originally just "looking", and barely remotely considering any old used Craigslist special.

I also met a Thor guy, and test drove a Hurricane around the streets of the Pomona, CA fair grounds. Next thing I know, I'm flying across the country and driving/camping back home with my new motorhome.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:49 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #1226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
Those darn RV shows are notoriously dangerous! I attended a local show with a free ticket. I was originally just "looking", and barely remotely considering any old used Craigslist special.

I also met a Thor guy, and test drove a Hurricane around the streets of the Pomona, CA fair grounds. Next thing I know, I'm flying across the country and driving/camping back home with my new motorhome.
We also went to that Pomona RV Show. I just went to just look, the DH had other ideas. That's how we got our Hurricane. Its a lot more coach than the Class C we had. The DH is happy so everybody is happy.

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote