Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2020, 10:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
2021 Hurricane 34R

Hello,

we just bought our first motorhome (being camping with trailers since 2016) a Hurricane 34R.
We take possession of it tomorrow and We appreciate any tip on PDI (which relates to motorhomes) and have a first question:
Thor 2021 video ad says that the Hurricanes comes with Morryde suspension... How that is different from Safe T Plus + Roadmaster sway bars?
The reason for the question is because I asked the dealer to install the Safe T plus and the front and rear sway bars but now I don't know if is compatible or not.

Thank you for any information!

Old 08-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #2

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Congratulations on a nice mh

I can't help on the morride but if it still has the ford swaybars you need to have the (Google, or search this forum) "cheap handling fix" done first!
Old 08-01-2020, 09:34 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
Congratulations on a nice mh

I can't help on the morride but if it still has the ford swaybars you need to have the (Google, or search this forum) "cheap handling fix" done first!

Thank you abjbrtd.

I saw that modification used in other coaches but since my is new and I was willing, I ordered the front and rear roadmaster bars to be installed but today I went to the dealer to finish the deal and he confirmed that the revised F53 chassis with the new Ford 7.3L V8 has new sway bars that are bigger than the roadmaster so I canceled the roadmaster and kept only the safe T plus on the steering.
Before doing a drive test on this coach I drove an Alante (J-ride?) 29' and I found that this 34' Hurricane is more stable than the Alante 29' which was contrary to what I have always heard but since I'm new to this I didn't trust my perception and I ordered the roadmaster anyways ,but today the Maintenance manager told me that my unit has sway bars which diameter is bigger than the roadmaster so it seems that Ford took the opportunity they where changing the chassis to the new engine and fixed (?) the sway bars... Our first long (1400 miles) trip will be in October so only after that I'll be able to confirm for sure.
My previous 34ft camper had the air tabs so I usually spend $ on stability if needed.