Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2015, 03:29 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany RX
State: Alberta
THOR #1112
Winterizing Thor Tuscany

I need to winterize my 2014 Thor Tuscany RX. I have drained all of my tanks & blown out the lines with a compressor. I want to add RV antifreeze but I am having a problem with getting it sucked through the lines. I am going to take the suction line from my pump next but from indication I do not need to do that. Do anyone know of a video or information site that could help me out? I would take it to a dealer but the nearest one is 250-300 miles away. But if that has to happen it will. Thanks.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:44 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Does your Tuscany include the Anderson water center with a winterization position? This is the system that is on my Challenger.

If so see the last page of the attached document. Hopefully this helps.

Anderson 200RV INSTALL TEST INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Disclaimer - I have not yet tried the procedure so I'm not sure it works as written.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:56 AM   #3

Model: Tuscany RX
State: Alberta
THOR #1112
Sorry no it is not like that. I will post a picture tomorrow & maybe you or someone else can help. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #4

Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Georgia
THOR #6391
2016 Tuscany Winterize solution

I know it's been a long time and you're probably set. I just got a 2016 Tuscany and had trouble winterizing as well. I hoped it would pull antifreeze through the city inlet if I put the valve in the winterize position (since it's labeled city water / antifreeze). But after calling Thor, that is not the case. Apparently dealers have machines that will pump the antifreeze in under pressure. So I cut the line on the right that comes from the fresh water tank and used a couple of hose bib to 1/2' barb connectors and inserted a garden hose Y adapter. Now I can use those 2 valves to pull my antifreeze in via a short garden hose.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #5

THOR #6391
Picture of 2016 Tuscany winterization bypass.

Here's the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3591.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	3908  
Old 02-14-2017, 10:52 PM   #6

Model: Tuscany 40KQ
State: Florida
THOR #2912
Thor did not inform you correctly.
There are two smaller valves that also need to be flipped. They are hidden behind the metal facia above to wa
ter pump. They are not labeled 🙁😩. Make sure you know how they are positioned in the normal position vs winterize position.

I have moved them AND labeled them on my coach. Discovered them after disassembling my water Bay to add a second filter and water softner.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #7

THOR #6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry B View Post
Thor did not inform you correctly.
There are two smaller valves that also need to be flipped. They are hidden behind the metal facia above to wa
ter pump. They are not labeled 🙁😩. Make sure you know how they are positioned in the normal position vs winterize position.

I have moved them AND labeled them on my coach. Discovered them after disassembling my water Bay to add a second filter and water softner.
I did find those two valves and experimented with them. One is on the supply from the fresh water tank. The other seems to head toward the gravity fill on the other side of the coach - so I guessed it was for the overflow/vent - but couldn't confirm that. I think both were in open position to start and I think I tried them in every combination when trying to draw antifreeze through the city connection but didn't have any luck. Maybe I missed a combination. Thanks for the info.