Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2018, 01:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Utah
THOR #12415
wiper delay

Hello Everyone;
Second time out with our 2018 vegas 24.1 and ran into rain. realized the wiper control on the steering column nose not work. Thor in their wisdom put a switch on the dash for the wipers and washer,however they did not make it with a delay option. it only has normal or faster. Anyone have a solution for this?

Old 10-02-2018, 01:53 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Ours has a delay, just click it up or down depending on what you want slower or faster. It isn't very intuitive.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:32 PM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
The wiper control on steering post came with the stripped chassis from Ford. It apparently isn't heavy duty enough for the long wiper arms for that big RV windshield. It's a reach to the dash mounted wiper switch, I personally don't mind a little stretch of those arm muscles now and then.

Somebody should come up with an alternate function for that dummy wiper switch on the post. Maybe a control for an ejection for unwanted passengers?
Old 10-03-2018, 12:37 AM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Each time you push down on the wiper switch it will change the delay time. Down will go slower. Up will go faster.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:42 AM   #5

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
You really are going get a lot of use out of my manual I mentioned in your post about the water heater. Go to this link and download it. My manual is in the Motorhome Tech Topics section of the forum. It is the first sticky in that area of the forum. It has been viewed by over 11,000 people. I have emailed it to about 1000 Vegas/Axis owners and it has been downloaded more than 1500 times. I'm sure you'll find it helpful for most questions you might have. http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Ed's manual is aweseome.

I downloaded it a few weeks before I purchased my Axis and when I did my walk though I knew more about my RV than the CW empolyee did. I even printed out his check list for my walk though.

I hooked my the Ford OEM wiper control to my flux capacitor..... but Im still waiting on the plutonium that Doc Brown promised me. LOL.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Ed's manual is aweseome.

I downloaded it a few weeks before I purchased my Axis and when I did my walk though I knew more about my RV than the CW empolyee did. I even printed out his check list for my walk though.

I hooked my the Ford OEM wiper control to my flux capacitor..... but Im still waiting on the plutonium that Doc Brown promised me. LOL.
Only need enough for 1 trip to the future so you can install a Mr. Fusion then you'll have all the electrical power you need. Heck you can ditch all of the gas engines and put electric motors in for everything--all ran off Mr. Fusion.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #8

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Yep, thats the plan. Just waiting for Marty to bring the tunes and then we will be on our way. LOL.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote