Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2022, 08:46 PM   #21

State: California
THOR #27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Inflation has driven up the cost of a full-wall Vroom slide from $2500 to ~$3000 now.

I would not necessarily worry too much about a very small or light slide (like a slide for the head of the bed). The Schwintek Mechanism is decent for lighter and smaller slides.

But if you want peace of mind and money is no object, replacing them all would be an option. They may work with you on a price to do all the slides at one time.
Thanks for the response.

Old 06-15-2022, 01:41 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominfaribo View Post
... Learning to use Manual transmission mode which has increased my gas mileage significantly.
How do you use it in manual?
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:15 PM   #23

State: Arizona
THOR #7580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
We’ve owned a Challenger 37kt since 2016. Love the floor plan, but we have had some issues. Mostly with the full slide. Replaced 3 slide cables, and the slide gearbox. The gearbox was operator error that was the result of mis instructions from the dealer. Big slide operates different than two smaller slides.

Replaced the Lippert lift pump two years ago and the water valve last year. In spite of these issues and some minor ones, we’ve enjoyed the unit.

Not sure about newer models. The smaller slides on ours are
Swchentek . The large is an Accu Slide system
Old 06-16-2022, 02:30 PM   #24

THOR #27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
Not sure about newer models. The smaller slides on ours are
Swchentek . The large is an Accu Slide system
Do you know what year they stopped using the cable slide system? If I buy a used one, it sounds like There is a chance that I could end up with an Accu Slide system, and I am not sure how I feel about that. I have no experience with them, but they seem a little complicated if there was a problem. It is interesting that when I started this thread, I really wanted some overall feedback on the Challenger product, but so much focus has been placed on the slides that I am a little bit concerned about their reliability. No I am wondering if a Challenger would be a good choice.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:02 PM   #25

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
These posts go so many different ways so fast...but...great info is the result. Another concern is cab quality and the noise and heat up front while underway. Will you have to run your generator and rooftops to keep from baking at the wheel. Not sure of the specifics with this model but a lot of folks have real issues with build quality (cab, windows, chassis a/c ducting, etc.) and heat from the back of the front seats forward with the A's. I do understand, as the price goes up, so does build and component quality. Not knocking the Challenger...its a beautiful coach, just passing on a few things learned here and from fellow campers along the way.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 03:13 PM   #26

THOR #27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
These posts go so many different ways so fast...but...great info is the result. Another concern is cab quality and the noise and heat up front while underway. Will you have to run your generator and rooftops to keep from baking at the wheel. Not sure of the specifics with this model but a lot of folks have real issues with build quality (cab, windows, chassis a/c ducting, etc.) and heat from the back of the front seats forward with the A's. I do understand, as the price goes up, so does build and component quality. Not knocking the Challenger...its a beautiful coach, just passing on a few things learned here and from fellow campers along the way.
Thanks, the heat issue is one that I never thought of.
Old 06-19-2022, 12:56 AM   #27

Model: Challenger 37FH
THOR #19539
I have a 2020 Challenger 37FH and I love it. It is very roomy when the slides are out. It had several minor issues that needed to be fixed, but all RVs experience problems. I was able to fix most of the problems myself.

I pull a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL Unlimited with my Challenger. I have to watch the weight limit but, so far, I’ve had no problems.
Old 06-19-2022, 03:50 AM   #28

THOR #27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdkim View Post
I have a 2020 Challenger 37FH and I love it. It is very roomy when the slides are out. It had several minor issues that needed to be fixed, but all RVs experience problems. I was able to fix most of the problems myself.

I pull a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL Unlimited with my Challenger. I have to watch the weight limit but, so far, I’ve had no problems.
Good info, thanks
Old 06-19-2022, 05:39 PM   #29

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
2019 challenger 37fh, full-time 4yrs. Great floor plan for us,we've been rv'ers since 1973 and did a lot of research with a list of must haves,wants and no way deal breakers, and the fh checked all the boxes,we're extremely happy. We've had some problems, made some improvements and still enjoying it. I don't want to go into every detail so any questions just pm(private message) me I'd be happy to answer any questions I can.
Old 06-20-2022, 02:16 PM   #30

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkman View Post
Anybody out there willing to share their experience with their Challenger? We are considering a new 37 FH.
. I own a Windsport 29m which is the Challengers cousin and I love mine!!!! Go for it, Bob
Old 06-20-2022, 02:39 PM   #31

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Michigan
THOR #23904
Our first ever class A that we purchased last June is the 2014 Challenger 37LX & we love it so far. The maintenance records from the previous owners show alot of stuff they had fixed so hopefully they worked out all the kinks lol. AC unit, slide motor, radio, all replaced.
Old 06-20-2022, 02:44 PM   #32

THOR #27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkayers View Post
Our first ever class A that we purchased last June is the 2014 Challenger 37LX & we love it so far. The maintenance records from the previous owners show alot of stuff they had fixed so hopefully they worked out all the kinks lol. AC unit, slide motor, radio, all replaced.
The slide seems to be a common problem with these things.
Old 06-20-2022, 02:52 PM   #33

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
. I own a Windsport 29m which is the Challengers cousin and I love mine!!!! Go for it, Bob

Best medicine!! You're doing your research properly. Get educated, accept the good and bad, perform as thorough a PDI as you can and buy whatever RV that dreams of it won't let you sleep at night. Just keep in mind...they all get small real quick so go as big as you can that fits your needs.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote