Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2020, 05:21 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #17465
Xantrex Bluetooth Control Panel Video - Mike Mas

Hello Guys - The Xantrex Corporation recently released their first "Bluetooth Panel" which offers ultimate convenience when using your Freedom XC Pro 3000, XC 2000, 10000 XC or X models. This new “Bluetooth Remote Panel” displays all the Xantrex menus and allows you to access the inverter right from your Android or IOS phone device.

I recently installed this Bluetooth Panel in my RV and produced this video to help RV owners understand the operation of this great product from Xantrex.

Click the Xantrex web site link below for a video:

Enjoy - Mike

Old 06-18-2020, 05:30 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I purchased one a few weeks ago after reading about and seeing someone else had it.

I like it because it makes is much easier to change settings and monitor the Inverter BUT I am also disappointed in it because you have to put it back into the Pairing Mode every time you close the app.

I posted a complaint about it on Xantrex Facebook page. They said it was designed that way and they said they are looking into it. I told them no other Bluetooth device works this way. You pair it once and it should automatically reconnect when in range without having to repair the panel.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:32 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Until the app is refined and it no longer drops the bluetooth configuration between uses it is not worth the money. When Xantrex gets around to updating there app so the bluetooth pairing doesn't constantly drop it will not be considered a worthwhile upgrade.

This issue has been discussed in other threads on the forum.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:10 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Iowa
THOR #15642
"Great"

I got this thing in early April, and I wouldn't call it great yet. Hopefully they fix that Bluetooth issue.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:01 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #15745
I purchased this to upgrade to Bluetooth technology HOWEVER: the Bluetooth will not stay paired once you turn the app off. You must repair it every time you want to use it. This makes the upgraded controller useless because if I have to pair the Bluetooth each time I use it I can look at the controller and
Not need the Bluetooth. How STUPID CAN THE DESIGNER OF THIS BE? Bluetooth has as specific protocol to make it work properly. Xantrex has not followed this protocol.
I will most likely send this back and request a refund unless they replace it with one that works.
FMCA Member
Badmanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:19 PM   #6

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Sent mine back
Old 10-01-2020, 09:07 PM   #7

THOR #12751
It has been reported to Xantrex and they are supposedly working on a new firmware version.

I kept mine because I have the Xantrex app and the Firefly App installed on an old Android phone and then I use TeamViewer to connect to either the Inverter app or the Firefly app via the Internet when I am at the coach or I am away from the coach.

Hopefully they fix it....
Old 10-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmanrick View Post
I purchased this to upgrade to Bluetooth technology HOWEVER: the Bluetooth will not stay paired once you turn the app off. You must repair it every time you want to use it. This makes the upgraded controller useless because if I have to pair the Bluetooth each time I use it I can look at the controller and
Not need the Bluetooth. How STUPID CAN THE DESIGNER OF THIS BE? Bluetooth has as specific protocol to make it work properly. Xantrex has not followed this protocol.
I will most likely send this back and request a refund unless they replace it with one that works.
Been discussed here repeatedly and apparently Xantrex is no hurry to update their system. I will not buy the control. panel because as is it, to me, would be a total waste of money.

Send the control panel back for a refund until it gets corrected. If Xantrex starts realizing lost revenue over the issue maybe they will get the ball rolling.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:18 PM   #9

THOR #12751
I just wanted to report back that Xantrex has a firmware update available now for the Freedom X Remote Panel w/ Bluetooth. I sent my Remote Panel back to Xantrex and they updated it. The Bluetooth Remote Panel now always reconnects to the app when you open it so it makes monitoring the Inverter from the app much easier.

I am not sure they are recalling any old stock of the Remote Panel w/ Bluetooth to update them but if you do purchase the Bluetooth panel and it won't connect to the app after pairing automatically each time you open the app, Xantrex will update it for no charge if you send it back to them.

If you have the Freedom XC (Inverter / Charger), Xantrex can send you the firmware update it and you can actually update the Remote Panel through the Freedom XC USB port yourself.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:25 PM   #10

State: Nevada
THOR #24359
Hello.

I just updated the firmware. Took 15 minutes. It stays connected to BT now.
See the following site to learn how to do this. Very easy and fast.

https://www.xantrex.com/power-produc...motepanel.aspx