Look forward to getting information on Four winds 25c chevy I have had for 5 years from new just been upgrading inside, usual
New seats cushions and coverings. (go rid of the faux leather which failed after 10 months.
swapped blinds for thermal curtains.
replaced cooker for UK full cooker ( we can now get a chicken in it.)
Done 14,000 miles on LPG (Uk .70 cents per litre) at 10 mpg.
A Few observations so far
Manual says this is a day van??? So no cooking or sleeping in it then?? Single glazing for cold weather? No Option to upgrade.
It must be a van for shopping as the rear garage is big even with a ice well for keeping fish or beer?? ( Get enough water in the van without adding more options. )
Issues so far with Thor's poor designs on a budget van. Expensive enough in UK.
1) Why fit a rear and front window in living area with no external drain. Made the beds into a water beds as condensation was like a river running in minus 10 deg C in Spain in the first year
2) Rear bed had a window now blanked off for the above reason.
3) Cupboards always cold so fitted carpet tiles to outer walls, no heating in board or over cab bed. Euro vans have heating in both on some models eg Eura Mobil. Over cab bed base water damage under mattress. good job it plastic lined on the bottom so you can float away.
4) Furnace is great on hook up but no facility for heating without fan flattening batteries. ( Now have 4 110volt 180watt and 80 watt solar panels. Could do with long lead to power station.
5) Generator so noisy its cheaper to run 6ltr engine and not require ear defenders.
6) Slide out - well it leaks no surprise there then, dealer said will not affect floor. Ha!!! After 4 years Floor went to mush had to strip and resin it. Wheel arch to floor not sealed water under lino.
7) Rear lights never sealed so water into rear panel behind lights. Out with the resin to save whats left of the panel. Thor designers should be shot for basic mistakes.
Would I change no. I like the challenge plus the v8 auto and rear wheel drive. Thank god for chevy . Good job the frame is made of metal as I will be rebuilding it for years to come.
Hope yours is better keep on rebuilding it. Happy RVing