Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Forum Admin and Announcements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2017, 02:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: Washington
THOR #4845
Angry Horrible Customer Service

I own a 2016 Thor Siesta. As far as RVs go it is ok. As far as Thor customer service goes, it just might be the worst of any company I have dealt with. Their response time is ridiculous and their ability to solve a problem is even worst. They take situations that could be easily resolved and elevated them to the next level by their lack of attention. Many times they take days or even weeks to respond. It is almost like if they ignore you you will go away. I actually feel sorry for the dealers that have to deal with them.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:05 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
I find the opposite from Thor Customer Service. I have contacted them twice about warranty service and three times asking for wiring and plumbing diagrams. Thor paid for an emergency, mobile RV tech visit when they couldn't diagnose the electrical problem and reimbursed me for repairs done my local Jayco dealer. Thor CS even followed up on my warranty service to ensure that everything was corrected to my satisfaction. Ron Johnson at CS has never failed to help me when I asked.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #3

THOR #4845
Lucky

Either you're lucky or I'm not. 1 month, 3 emails, a phone call, and a customer inquiry form. Still no reply.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:01 PM   #4
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
I am waiting for my 3rd Thor to arrive and have had nothing but a positive experience when dealing with them. They have always been responsive and helpful. A couple of considerations to keep in mind people that are happy tend not to post on those that are not happy. This is evidenced by this post, judging by the number of posts they have not contributed to this forum other to complain. Also Thor builds 47% of coaches built hence will have more complaints than others.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:33 AM   #5

THOR #4845
Seriously?

While you are judging me, all I am asking for is that they respond to me.
I'll be more specific. Back in March I reported that the awning mechanism pocked a hole in the coach. I was told to get an estimate for repairs. I sent Thor the estimate, a picture of the damage and reminded them I was doing this at their request. Reasonably I should have received an answer in a couple of days.
It has now been a month. That is not good customer service.
And with this post I am done defending myself.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:42 AM   #6

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Dave - are you calling them or email. I am out of warranty and still get through each time I call with a question. I'd recommend giving them a call. Even more specifically call (877) 855-2867. I almost always talk with Tom Overton. He has been great. Try it and let us know how it works out.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:45 AM   #7

THOR #4845
Thank you

Thanks for the positive response. I will give him a call.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:11 AM   #8

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Not picking on you, your frustration is justified. My experience with Thor warranty was excellent, as many others have said on this forum. Some have had frustration like yours, too. Skip the emails and the forms. You need to talk to the warranty service person directly.

In similar situations with other companies, here's my plan of attack: After a week or so of no action, I would call them every day until my problem is resolved. If the warranty person you are dealing with drops the ball, ask to speak to their supervisor. If that fails, go up the chain, write a letter to the division head, and a copy to the president of the company. Include just the facts, and leave the emotion out.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #9

Brand: Keystone
Model: Alpine 3401RS
THOR #6288
Ditto hear, my experience with has been outstanding. I talk with Cynthia Garcia. They take your MH by vin and can tell every warranty issue, including ehatbis still ordered, approved, etc.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:30 PM   #10

State: Arizona
THOR #7456
Rv problem

Hello. I just purchased on may 12 2017 new Rv freedom Elite 26he. And my Rv leaning on driver side Around 2-3 inch. I will like to finding out if any body with same model have same problem. I been told by factory it's coming problem, and I need perches kit to eliminate this problem. Unit is exactly is came from factory. No personal item in rv. Please let me know. I am trying to make case or repair. 3 weeks and I don't enjoy , because leaning, and polling right . Let me know ACAP. My email darnitsa @gmail.com
Old 05-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #11

THOR #1020
Davo - how did it go with Tom O?
Old 05-31-2017, 03:27 PM   #12

THOR #4845
Thanks

Couldn't reach him but was routed to Tony. It appears that it is being handled.
Thanks to all that said to forget e mail and call.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:23 PM   #13

THOR #1020
Yep - worked Tony as well. All of the CSR folks have been good for us. Without fail, they have always called us back. Before I see a repair shop, I call those guys and him them help me find a shop that works on Thors.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:45 PM   #14

State: Massachusetts
THOR #7764
Three phone calls with promise to call back and no response from the dealer. Last time with a previouse coach took 3 months sitting on their lot and no warrantee work performed. I find this to be a dealer problem not Thor. I'm going to contact Thor direct to see if I can get some kind of response from a different dealer. No a very happy camper.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #15

State: Oregon
THOR #7738
I bought a 2018 Thor Hurricane 29m. Have lots of dings and minor fixes. Dealership doesn't return calls but customer service at Thor has been fabulous. Answered all my questions and sent out parts I needed. Still working on the minor stuff that the dealership is responsible for.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:31 PM   #16

State: Arizona
THOR #7655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
I own a 2016 Thor Siesta. As far as RVs go it is ok. As far as Thor customer service goes, it just might be the worst of any company I have dealt with. Their response time is ridiculous and their ability to solve a problem is even worst. They take situations that could be easily resolved and elevated them to the next level by their lack of attention. Many times they take days or even weeks to respond. It is almost like if they ignore you you will go away. I actually feel sorry for the dealers that have to deal with them.

I am a owner of a Thor for a year now and I found Thor customer service the best. Sorry to hear your having trouble
Old 06-04-2017, 05:48 PM   #17

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvEagle View Post
Hello. I just purchased on may 12 2017 new Rv freedom Elite 26he. And my Rv leaning on driver side Around 2-3 inch. I will like to finding out if any body with same model have same problem. I been told by factory it's coming problem, and I need perches kit to eliminate this problem. Unit is exactly is came from factory. No personal item in rv. Please let me know. I am trying to make case or repair. 3 weeks and I don't enjoy , because leaning, and polling right . Let me know ACAP. My email darnitsa @gmail.com
Have not read of a problem with leaning on one side. But it is a common problem with pulling to the right due to front end needing an alignment. For the leaning problem, you should take it back to the dealer and or contact Thor since that should be covered under warranty. The front end alignment is sometimes covered by Thor and sometimes not. I would try to get the dealer to cover both.
Good luck.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:19 PM   #18

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
The reasons why email, web 'forms', and even voicemail do not work well in urgent customer service situations is because, like all of us do, it's just too easy to make someone on a phone call the priority - emails, web forms, and voicemail all get shoved to the end of the day, if the person still has any time left to respond.

Calls get priority - and while I don't personally agree with that stance, it's commonplace in any industry, and realizing that, while aggravating, a phone call gets a much quicker response - though a long hold time is par for the course. While we all expect someone to answer the phone since it is ringing, that person is then taken off what other customer they may have been trying to respond to via email. And, then they lose their train of thought and have to come back to your email later - email is just not a way to 'urgently' communicate like a direct phone call is.

Someone hearing your voice, your aggravation, is much more likely to want to help you, even if it is to just get you off the line.

As much as even I hate phone calls to any customer service line, it seems that it will still take priority for most well into the future.... so much for 'technology'... : )

I'll also add that all my phone conversations and emails with customer service have been very positive, almost more than even I expected. Thanks Thor.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #19

State: Arkansas
THOR #7812
Hi...just joined this forum...have. 2008 Damon Tuscany 40' 5 slides. Recently discovered water on self in upper cabinet next to microwave. This happened when front air conditioner was running. Has anyone had this problem?
Old 06-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #20

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpusch View Post
Hi...just joined this forum...have. 2008 Damon Tuscany 40' 5 slides. Recently discovered water on self in upper cabinet next to microwave. This happened when front air conditioner was running. Has anyone had this problem?
Sounds like you have a roof leak. You need to go on the roof and check the caulking, and not just in that area, water can travel a long way!!!

Tags
customer care, siesta, warranty issues