Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2022, 03:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29J
State: California
THOR #26249
Gas Leak When Filling Tank

So we just returned from our first long trip in our 2022 29J, California to Yellowstone. We have done a few short trip prior and filled the tank 3/4 times no problems. First fill on our way to Yellowstone and gas is leaking from tank end of filler hose area. I am able to fill tank very slowly at 1.5 gallons a minute without leaking at tank. No gas leaking from tank or hose once filled. Has anyone had this problem?
Also the in dash radio quit, ( side and rear view camera stilled showed but radio went dark). We also lost the right front wheel cover between Winnemucca and Jackpot Nevada somewhere.

Fronky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:46 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Sorry I am unable to give you good answers, but I suggest you try a search on this forum for these topics.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:21 AM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
You might want to crawl under the coach and look at both the filler hose and the vent hose. There have been plenty of people with various rigs who have had either kinked hoses (because they were cut too long) or horrible routing causing these kind of fuel fill issues.

I can't use the high-flow diesel pumps at truck stops with my Magnitude SV34 because I have a 90 Deg bend in my filler hose and the diesel foams up, leaks out and trips the pump. I don't have any issues with an auto diesel pump.

There was someone else on here reporting a similar radio issue if I recall where the screen was completely blank. Not sure if he resolved that or not. If the cameras are displaying, then there is power to the unit.

Might e worth pulling the fuse or the negative battery cable to remove power to the radio for a hard reboot to see if that does anything.
Old 08-06-2023, 07:13 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds Majestic
State: Colorado
THOR #30094
I'm having the same issue. It looks like my leak is where the rubber hose connects to the top of the fuel tank. The only way I can see to do it is I'm going to have to drop the fuel tank in order to see what's going on.
Old 08-06-2023, 07:53 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMeeseeks View Post
I'm having the same issue. It looks like my leak is where the rubber hose connects to the top of the fuel tank. The only way I can see to do it is I'm going to have to drop the fuel tank in order to see what's going on.
See post #3 above yours.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 01:15 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds Majestic
State: Colorado
THOR #30094
I have tried filling it super slow and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference to me.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:49 AM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMeeseeks View Post
I have tried filling it super slow and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference to me.
Crawl under the tank fill area with a flashlight and check those hoses for kinks and ends slipped off the nozzles. We've seen that before.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote