Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Forum Admin and Announcements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2024, 02:04 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
If we all throw enough stuff, something will stick

If you're using Safari and find that you're frequently logged out of the browser extension, changing your privacy settings can help. Please follow the steps below. In Safari, click Safari and then Preferences. Select the Privacy tab and then un-check the "Prevent cross-site tracking" box

Old 02-17-2024, 11:57 AM   #22

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
It does for most everybody.
Always clicking that box when I log in solved the problem for me. Many times I would type in a response only to loose it because I was logged out while typing. I started checking that box and it hasn't happened since.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:42 PM   #23

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I just logged in and clicked the box first. In the past it hasn’t made any difference. But by tweaking Safari as Macdaddy has suggested and clicking the box, maybe it will now work.

I will know how it worked in a few hours when I open TF again.

David
Old 02-17-2024, 01:31 PM   #24
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
I just logged in and clicked the box first. In the past it hasn’t made any difference. But by tweaking Safari as Macdaddy has suggested and clicking the box, maybe it will now work.

I will know how it worked in a few hours when I open TF again.

David
Clicking the box after entering the password has never worked for me. I have to click the box before entering the password. I believe you solved your problem in your first sentence of the quote.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:07 PM   #25

THOR #20289
So, I have now been logged in for two hours and as EA37TS suggests I did click the box before entering my password.

I will give another report later this afternoon. And FWIW, Trawlerforum a sister site managed by the same folks and with the same SW did stay logged in as well.

David
Old 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM   #26
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
On thing to keep in mind; you may need to login again whenever your system performs an update on the OS or Safari. Operative word is “may”.
Old 02-17-2024, 05:41 PM   #27

THOR #20289
I checked in after four hours and #$&@ I am logged out.

Yes I understand that OS updates can change things. I am running iOS 17.3.1 and that hasn’t changed in about a week, but I am suspicious that the last update caused my logout problems.

David
Old 02-17-2024, 06:40 PM   #28

THOR #20289
Well, having failed at keeping my iPad with Safari logged in, I switched to my Dell laptop running Win 10 and using MS Edge as my browser. I was pleasantly surprised that the previous login from my iPad about an hour ago was still valid. I will report in a few hours if it is still logged in on this laptop.

David
Old 02-18-2024, 01:37 PM   #29

THOR #20289
I opened Thor Forums from my Windows laptop and I was still logged in this morning after 15 hours or so. Tried opening Thor Forums from my iPad with iOS and I was logged out. Same thing with Trawler Forum.

So it is definitely an iPad iOS thing.

David
Old 02-20-2024, 09:44 PM   #30

THOR #20289
Well, I finally figured it out. About a week ago, as long as this logout problem has persisted, I noticed that the URL entry box at the top was black, but still allowing you to type in your entry. I assumed that this was caused by an OS update, but didn’t think much of it. Recall I am operating on an iPad running iOS and Safari.

I kept looking for away to set options like pop up boxes, etc. Safari’s primary way of setting options is the strange aA icon to the left of the url entry box. That lets you allow/block pop up’s, etc. Far to the upper right there is a double window icon that I never could figure out what it does.

Well, this morning I started playing with that wierd icon and found a Private selection and an x tabs selection, x being the number of tabs open. It was set to private and when I clicked the other selection, voila the url entry box turned white again.

I suspected that had solved the problem and throughout the day, was able to stay logged in. It was fixed!

So, thanks for all of your help and not so much help.

And FWIW after exhausting all of the help available here, I tried using the Contact Us icon at sister site Trawler Forum. After a few perfunctory suggestions, he gave up and stopped responding. I do realize it would have taken someone with a full understanding of Safari to have known what to do. There are probably a dozen OS used on these forums, so it is hard to be proficient in them all. But if anyone reports having the same problem with Safari, I now know the answer.

David
Old 02-20-2024, 09:59 PM   #31

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Sorry!

Cool u figured it out!
Old 02-20-2024, 10:18 PM   #32

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #30073
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
So it was the PebKac mac issue all along! Never liked macs
Cool u figured it out!
"PEBKAC is a term used by computer professionals to describe a user error when a technical issue occurs between the keyboard and the chair. It is a derogatory term that blames the user for the problem, not the software or the device."

The Mac had nothing to do with it! Macs are FAR more secure than the alternative! AND, it was Safari for iPad, not Safari for Mac or even iPhone!
Yes, operator error, but no need to use a derogatory term! That was uncalled for!