Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Forum Admin and Announcements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Nevada
THOR #7769
1 slider not working

We are here in Reno
Their power is out due to a fire
So we turned on the generator and we were able to get bedroom slider out but not the dinette slider. Also awning comes out and lights work
We have a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 29 ft
Please help
Thank you

Old 06-19-2017, 02:52 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Check the slide controller for error codes. Mine are located in the storage compartments under the slide, high up on a wall. If you have error codes, then the bypass procedures are in your owners manual or available on You Tube.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:09 AM   #3

THOR #7769
1 slider not working

It did have error codes but still can't solve the problem so far. Thank you. You i
Old 06-19-2017, 03:26 AM   #4

THOR #7769
1slider not working

We checked everything. The manual is confusing. Checked You Tube also. It said there might be a short in the wiring. There are red and green lights flashing in an outside compartment.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #5

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Ok, here's the deal. You have two green flashes followed be eight red flashes, right. I have the same model as you. The cable to motor #2 (two green flashes) is broken or crushed (eight red flashes). If it is one green flash it's motor#1.

Take a pencil or something about the diameter of a pencil, open your outside electrical cable entrance door. On the back wall, find the controller. See the rectangular slot in the controller where the flashing lights are located, and next to in in the same slot to the right of the lights is a small button. Take the pencil and press the small button six times rapidly then a seventh time only hold the button down on the seventh stroke until the red and green lights begin to flash back and forth (takes a few seconds). Then go back inside and put your slide in or out whichever you wanted to do. Do the same when you want to move the slide again.

I am calling CW then Thor today for a new cable. I'll put it in and route it this time so it won't get crushed. If you don't want the hassle of diy cable install, you'll need to take it to one of CW's highly trained and competent service centers. Oh, if you should find such center, please let us know where it is located.