Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Forum Admin and Announcements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #2667
Clueless - New owner

I'm new at this. This being both the RV lifestyle and the forum.

I have a Thor Axis and after looking through the entire manual, where I found nothing, I went outside and proceeded to turn on the outside shower. Nothing. This shouldn't be difficult. Should it? What am I missing?

Old 08-16-2015, 12:53 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #2123
Is the water pump switch turned on?
Old 08-16-2015, 12:55 AM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1547
We've never used our outside shower but am pretty sure you have two choices. You either have to be hooked up to a pressurized water supply, or you have to have water in your fresh water tank and turn the water pump on.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:18 AM   #4

THOR #1123
If you have city water or fresh water pressurized as mentioned above, your shower hose may be folded up or kinked inside the box. Mine was, and when I pulled hard on it, it broke off at the hot and cold water valves. So, if this is the problem with yours, pull gently.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Mine also has a shutoff on the shower head itself. So if someone shut that off turning on the hot or cold might still not supply water.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #6

THOR #2902
We have the walk through on our new 2016 Axis 24.1 today so I will ask as we will need to know!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #7

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
Mine also has a shutoff on the shower head itself. So if someone shut that off turning on the hot or cold might still not supply water.
Just something to keep an eye out for. Turning the hot and cold on at the outside shower and then shutting it off at the shower head (leaving the hot and cold turned on) can cause some strange water supply problems inside the RV. That outside shower is always a good spot to check if that occurs.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:22 PM   #8

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Be sure the pump is on and there is water in the fresh water tank if disconnected from city water
If connected to city water there should be pressure to the outside shower. Open the outside water valves and press the button on the shower head. Originallyimd did not work either. The dealer found both lines were too short and were kinked. They fixed the kinks and replaced the entire shower unit. No problems now.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:04 PM   #9

State: Minnesota
THOR #2667
thank you!

thanks for all your help!

We did check all the normal stuff... pump on, water in tank... but there isn't a hint of water to the outside shower. I guess I was hoping there was a hidden valve someplace that everybody else knew about that we missed. Now I'm guessing that we have the same situation as bevedfelker describes... kinked, pinched feeds. Unfortunately, we put off all of this - again - until shortly before leaving on our 6 month trip south... and our dealership was very responsive until they got our check - then every question for the maintenance department seems to be an immense burden and nothing they could even consider looking at for months or more... so we will have to wait until next spring to ask them to fix it, with little hope they will respond positively.

but thanks again for your help in defining the problem!
Old 10-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #10

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
In my opinion, the single best thing we did before buying was research dealer service. Again in my opinion that is even more important than brand and model research. I found my problem after the PDI and when I was at home. My dealer has a drive in, first come first serve service line. I drove over in the morning and was second in line. Told them I had a warranty issue with the exterior shower. They took it in the bay. Found the short, kinked lines and replaced the lines and the entire shower unit. I was in and out in less than an hour and a half -- and no charge.

Sorry your dealer is giving you the run around.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #11

State: California
THOR #1805
I have an Axis also. If you' re hooked up to city water the outside shower should work, if not.make sure your onboard water tank has water in it. Make sure your water pump is turned on. It should work.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:58 PM   #12

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of experienced folks here who are happy to help you with whatever comes up. Don't hesitate to ask.

Suggest you message Ed (post #8 & 10 above) and ask him to send you the fine manual he put together. We all agree that the one Thor provides is sorely inadequate.

You didn't say if yours is new, or which model you have. Your forum friends want to know!

Did you buy from a dealer with the initials C W? Your dealer should help with basic questions like this, but remember that you don't have to go back to the dealer you bought from, if they don't give reasonable service. My dealer is a thousand miles away, but there are dealers close by that are happy to do warranty work. Call Thor and ask for their dealers in your area.

About your water issue, did you check the water filter near the pump?
Old 10-22-2015, 05:16 AM   #13

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #2521
When I was pumping antifreeze through my plumbing last week, I noticed a nasty kink in the shower hose where it goes up and out of the shower box, then back in. it has to make a fairly sharp turn as it goes out of the box and was factory kinked at that location. You have to look up into the top of the shower box too see it. After I worked on it a bit, I was able to get the antifreeze to flow through it. With the kink, nothing would flow through the shower.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #14

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
I have the same kink. In hindsight, I should have replaceed the valve body with the version that has a 90-degree bend in the outlet. It eliminates the u-turn the hose has to make with the factory setup.

If I have to replace it again in the future I will make the change.

Regards,

Randy