Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Forum Admin and Announcements
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2022, 06:40 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Alberta
Posts: 7
THOR #10677
High beam indicator

I have a 2017 Thor Miramar 35.2, after I start the engine I get a hi beam indicator that stays on for 2-5 minutes then it goes out. If I try to switch the high beam to low beam with the signal light lever there is a relay that chatters under the dash. I have checked fluid levels and everything is good. Any suggestions as to what is going on.

__________________
CunuckBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:48 PM   #2
Member
 
ericmac450's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 30DB
State: Tennessee
Posts: 84
THOR #22917
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunuckBob View Post
I have a 2017 Thor Miramar 35.2, after I start the engine I get a hi beam indicator that stays on for 2-5 minutes then it goes out. If I try to switch the high beam to low beam with the signal light lever there is a relay that chatters under the dash. I have checked fluid levels and everything is good. Any suggestions as to what is going on.

Sorry, which fluids did you check? While unlikely it could be related to your blinker fluid levels...
__________________
ericmac450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:52 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Alberta
Posts: 7
THOR #10677
I have checked the engine oil, transmission oil, brake fluid and washer fluid
__________________
CunuckBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #4
Member
 
ericmac450's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 30DB
State: Tennessee
Posts: 84
THOR #22917
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunuckBob View Post
I have checked the engine oil, transmission oil, brake fluid and washer fluid
The relay you said is making the noise probably needs to be replaced.
__________________
ericmac450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 07:57 PM   #5
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 10,657
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmac450 View Post
The relay you said is making the noise probably needs to be replaced.
Yep, sounds like a bad relay.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:29 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
OldWEB's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
Posts: 1,025
THOR #16471
I would lean towards a bad ground.... somewhere. So check any and all the wiring you can... while replacing the relay.
__________________
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2