Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Forum Admin and Announcements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #21

State: Arkansas
THOR #7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Sounds like you have a roof leak. You need to go on the roof and check the caulking, and not just in that area, water can travel a long way!!!
Does the air conditioning unit have a drain system and where does it drain too

Old 06-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #6691
Thor leaning problem

I am stuck in the middle of Thor and Ford pointing fingers at each other!!
We have a brand new never used 2017 Thor 26HE Freedom Elite that leans to the left. Thor told me that Ford would be the one to correct the problem that the chassis spring in most likely the problem. Ford dealer said they cannot find anything wrong with the leaf springs and that Thor just put to much "stuff" on that side when they built it. Our RV has been sitting at Camping world for two months!!!! We bought the unit on March 4, 2017, the first month was learning and outfitting. (sheets towels, etc) We have never used the RV.

I am at the point of using South Carolina "Lemon law" and get a lawyer.

Has anyone else had a leaning problem with there RV, or know of any?

Take care

JP Charleston sc
Old 06-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #23

Model: Vegas
State: Iowa
THOR #2078
I don't think the South Carolina lemon law covers motorhomes. Most Conservative states do not. Having said that, you could still have a breach of warranty action, but once again that depends on your state's laws. Did you buy it in SC or live in SC? Take it to a truck scale and weigh each wheel weight, each side, and front and back weight. Do you have it loaded up?
Old 06-10-2017, 02:11 AM   #24

State: South Carolina
THOR #6691
Thor 26HE leaning problem

I purchase my Thor new in Columbia SC March 4, 2017, and live in Charleston SC.

Thor contacted me today and may have a solution.

Will follow up in a few days.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 PM   #25

State: Oregon
THOR #7738
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjlindsey View Post
I bought a 2018 Thor Hurricane 29m. Have lots of dings and minor fixes. Dealership doesn't return calls but customer service at Thor has been fabulous. Answered all my questions and sent out parts I needed. Still working on the minor stuff that the dealership is responsible for.

Update

Bracket that holds my water tank in came off. Wondered why so I looked at it. The bracket has two holes for screws. However, only one screw was installed. Since this holds the tank in place once it it filled I think it really should have had both installed. Fixed it myself after draining the tank. Also found the same thin in my cupboards. Only one screw in any of the cabinet latches. Shoddy work at best. Will be fixing those when I get home.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:04 AM   #26

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Clearly Thor is not capable of making everyone happy considering the number of RVs they produce with issues. I believe they cut their losses by selectively choosing who to help and when. So you either end up on the winning side with great support or on the losing side with little or no support.

I'm 50/50... My Keystone was great... My Four Winds... pathetic to the point I feel Thor Management lacks integrity. I do love my coach even though they built it on the wrong chassis. Fortunate for me I'm capable of fixing things myself. Still waiting for either an email or phone call back... not holding my breath. #ThorLacksIntegrity

Tags
customer care, siesta, warranty issues