Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Forum Admin and Announcements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Vegas 25.2
State: Ohio
THOR #23047
How do I insert photos into a posting?

I have been looking/searching on the Thor Forum site and have not been able to find any instructional information as to how to actually use the features available to members to insert photos, etc. into a posting.
Am I missing some tab somewhere that provides this information?

Old 04-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Are you using a Mac, Windows, or a phone?
Look for the paperclip above the text box. That'll allow you to choose the pic you want to upload.
After that: it depends on what you are using...
Old 04-24-2021, 02:45 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I typically visit with an iPad so your experience may be different. But at the bottom of the page you see when typing you’ll see a paper clip. If you click on that it’ll take you to your photo library and you can select the photo you want to use. Select it, click done and it’ll be attached.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:48 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Step 1 in the editing window click Go Advanced. Unless you are in advanced editing the attachment feature will no appear regardless of the system you are using.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:01 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Like most anything computer or electronic related now-a-days you are magically supposed to know how to operate it out of the box and know exactly what all those funny looking pictures do.

In reality, this forum is based on the same forum software platform as a large majority of other forums so documentation is readily available on the Interwebs for the software, but it isn't specific to this particular forum so it is easy to get lost. But that's what questions are for.

To answer your specific question about picture insertion: there are two ways to add pictures to a post, both require your post editor to be in "Advanced Mode". You can setup your profile to always open the editor in Advanced Mode, or you can just click the "Go Advanced" button:

Once in Advance Mode you can insert a picture located on a publicly accessible location on the Internet using the Picture Icon:

This will open a pop-up window where you can paste the picture's location such as for the above picture.

The other method is to attach one or more pictures to the post from a location on your PC using the Attach Icon:

This will open a pop-up window which allows you to attach and upload files from your PC. These pictures will appear as attachments and the end of your post:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachments.png
Views:	406
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	29978  
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #6

THOR #23047
Thanks to all of you. To answer the one reply, I am operating in Windows, latest version. I will taking another shot at doing this and let you all know.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:23 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I use Windows 10 when I'm at work.
After you've chosen a picture: hit the upload button, and the computer gibberish that is the picture; will show up underneath that box.
Just drag and drop it in your text box.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #8

THOR #23047
Thank you. What I am gathering from this is that I cannot actually insert the photo itself, just the link. My intent was to type a little text, then insert the applicable photo, a little more text with another photo...to show the steps to getting through the dash access and at the battery. My experience was quite different than what I had seen on videos and other Forum posts. I had a cable tray running across the leading edge of the exposed deck which reduced the plywood area by 25% and the opening was not 14" square. it was 14" side to side, but only 13" front to back. I thought this might be of some interest to others.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:53 PM   #9

THOR #23047
I am going to give this a try. Here goes:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210418_101636.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	29991  
Old 04-24-2021, 04:58 PM   #10

THOR #23047
Thanks to all of you who responded. I am a little dense from time to time, and I was also not trusting the prompts I was seeing. I just needed a little faith in the system.
Now I need to see if I can insert text in between photos.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:23 PM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilanich View Post
Thanks to all of you who responded. I am a little dense from time to time, and I was also not trusting the prompts I was seeing. I just needed a little faith in the system.
Now I need to see if I can insert text in between photos.
You can only insert text between pictures if they are INSERTED, NOT ATTACHED. Attachments are always at the end of the message.

To insert a picture, it has to be hosted on the Internet.

Now to really stir the pot:

Once attachments are uploaded to the forum you can insert then in the body of the text. For example:

The attached picture in my previous post was a picture of the attachment upload pop-up. Since that picturer is now hosted on this forum I can go to my User Control Panel (User CP in the upper left), and al the way at the bottom of the left menu is an "Attachments" choice. Click on that.
Now you will see a list of all your attachments.
Click on the on you want to insert.
Copy the URL for the attachment. In this case it is: https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...8&d=1619276495
Now you can Insert that attachment into a message by pasting it in the Insert Picture dialog box:

And now the picture I previously uploaded as an attachment is inserted into the body of this message.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:15 PM   #12

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
Why pics upside down or sideways?
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote