Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Forum Admin and Announcements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #6876
Thor challenger gt furnace

I bought a 2017 thor challenger gt model there's a major problem with the heating the front area of the coach the bathroom and bedroom get almost to much heat i took it back to the dealership in april 2017 and it's still there with on signs to been repaired. (SO BEWARE) if you have this model or thinking of buying this model this is a deisign flaw with how far the vent is behing the driver seat to where the heater unit is THEY TRYED ADDING VENTS WITH NO HELP THEY TRIED TO ADD DAMPER VENTS TO THE BATHROOM AND BEDROOM NO HELP.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #2

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
My Challenger GT is a 2014 chassis and 2015 coach. I have the exact same issue. We have only had it for a year, plus we live in SW Florida so it isn't high on my priority list yet of things to correct.

I am wondering if the bedroom vents were completely closed off, would that force more air up to the front floor vents in the coach? I'm not a HVAC guy so I'm not sure if that sort of modification would trip some type of sensor and shut the furnace down or what.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #3

THOR #6876
yes the vents where complete closed off and there was still no change my coach is still warranty and extended warranty won't cover They spent a lot of time on this so should get thor to fix it and it still there trying to get fix
Old 07-11-2017, 01:56 PM   #4

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
I would certainly be interested in what they come up with. I rarely use my furnace but the few times we need it in the early morning it would be nice if it heated the coach more evenly.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:49 AM   #5

THOR #6876
Gt furnace

Hear's an update they added a vent at island and choke down the vent in bathroom it hard to tell since it so hot outside wont know until get it to cold climate if this does not work i'm going to sue and use the lemmon law i'm so p--- about the hole thing
Old 07-26-2017, 02:56 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
The heater put out to much for our bedroom so I installed a vent with a damper to cut down on airflow. You possibly change out you vents and install ones with dampers to control flow to areas with to much heat. In the case of rectangular vents they can be purchased at home improvement stores and easily changed. Just a suggestion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2144.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	6049
Old 07-26-2017, 03:21 AM   #7

THOR #6876
GT furnace

Thanks for the info but this had been done on the first attempt we round vents with adjustable damper in the bathroom and bedroom to try to get flow to the front but did not help thanks for the info I know there's other motorhome like mine Thor needs to own this and make a permanent fix this