Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Forum Admin and Announcements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: New Jersey
THOR #1629
Thor extended warranty package???

Hello,

I just bought a Thor Ace 30.2 and have the basic 1 year warranty that comes with the Coach. The dealership was pushing the silver package 5yr extended warranty for the low low price of $2400 which includes Mechanical and Tire protection. Does anybody have any information on this or have bought this.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:10 PM   #2

Model: Challenger/37ND
State: Texas
THOR #1706
hmmmm??!! I don't know why I do it but with every new car that I've ever bought I've always bought the extended warranty and never had to use it. So I've done the same thing with my Thor Challenger. Sure hope I never have to use it either. I just want to add that the dealership did not offer it to me and instead showed shock that I asked for it.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Most of the extended warranties are not offered through Thor but are offered through a third party. You may want to conduct some research to determine the track record of the third party regarding claims etc.. and to determine if the warranty is honored at multiple service centers or only the dealer selling the extended coverage.

Also, if you purchase a 5 year extended warranty and then trade the unit in, or sell it, before the expiration of the contract, you may be entitled to a refund for the unused portion. For some warranties, however, you have to provide proof that you no longer own the coach and the refund request must be processed through the dealer that sold you the rig covered by the warranty. This also applies to some other plans such as Road Hazard on tires etc...
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #4

Model: Challenger/37ND
State: Texas
THOR #1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Most of the extended warranties are not offered through Thor but are offered through a third party. You may want to conduct some research to determine the track record of the third party regarding claims etc.. and to determine if the warranty is honored at multiple service centers or only the dealer selling the extended coverage.

Also, if you purchase a 5 year extended warranty and then trade the unit in, or sell it, before the expiration of the contract, you may be entitled to a refund for the unused portion. For some warranties, however, you have to provide proof that you no longer own the coach and the refund request must be processed through the dealer that sold you the rig covered by the warranty. This also applies to some other plans such as Road Hazard on tires etc...
Too late on checking the companies out. lol. I'm learning. I guess the selling dealership will still honor the extended warranty if its their shop doing the work.

OMG, does that mean when the warranty is about to expire that I/we will get many emails and/or phone calls to accept their offers to buy their product? /Mikey
2015 Thor Challenger 37ND
mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:31 PM   #5

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Good sam offers warrants, they are pretty well known for them.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote