Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2017, 01:50 AM   #1

Brand: Dutchmen
Model: Denali 35ES
State: Indiana
THOR #7178
Fridge coil fan mod

I have an 2005 Dutchmen Denali that I purchased back in February. We have used it a few times. The last time we noticed the fridge just wasn't performing as well as it should. Just doesn't seem to be pulling air up through the vent. So I decided to mount some small d.c. fans to help push the air up the back of the fridge.
I procured 4 small fans from some old servers that were in the scrap. I also cut the mounting bracket/ grill from the sever case so I could tack it to my mounting bracket. That saved time fabricating a bracket for the fans and was able to have a screen and use the factory hardware to mount them.
PainTed the bracket and got it installed tonight. I want to see how big a difference it makes this weekend then if it works well. I'll install a temp switch to activate them instead of them running all the time.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170725_135054.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	6063Click image for larger version

Name:	20170726_183255.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	6064Click image for larger version

Name:	20170726_191340.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	6065

Old 07-27-2017, 11:38 PM   #2

Brand: Dutchmen
Model: Denali 35ES
State: Indiana
THOR #7178
Just got home from work. Temp out side is 80° humidity is 77% feels like 85°. Camper is closed up and warm inside. Water bottles in fridge are cold like they should be. These fans are doing a great job. I call it a success
Old 07-28-2017, 12:14 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
looks like you're handy and you'd be able to rig up something yourself
but for a controller.... that's way more than just a fan controller, are you familiar with ARPRV.com?

I'm not affiliated with them, just a customer. Just finished installing a new one last weekend, upgraded to the version 3.1 that has a built in controller for the fan....I'm not using the fan feature but may some day.