Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2020, 11:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Washers / Wipers

Has anyone relocated your windshield washer on the wipers so it actually puts washer fluid in your line of site rather than so low? Looks like it would need to be actually on the wiper rather than the arm.Any reason to NOT do this?

2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:07 AM   #2

Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish and Dear View Post
Has anyone relocated your windshield washer on the wipers so it actually puts washer fluid in your line of site rather than so low? Looks like it would need to be actually on the wiper rather than the arm.Any reason to NOT do this?
Too funny we were driving the other day and hit a mess of bugs and thought the same thing. At a closer look, there are 6 (3 on top and 3 on bottom) squirters. Each has a flat head screwdriver slot. I just adjust (aimed) mine, just haven’t had a chance to test. I aimed all 6 squirters. I think the bracket all 6 are on can be flipped over and that would also help, just haven’t gotten that far yet. I can take a picture tomorrow if it helps, but you should see them... they are tiny little screws
Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #3

THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeman View Post
Too funny we were driving the other day and hit a mess of bugs and thought the same thing. At a closer look, there are 6 (3 on top and 3 on bottom) squirters. Each has a flat head screwdriver slot. I just adjust (aimed) mine, just haven’t had a chance to test. I aimed all 6 squirters. I think the bracket all 6 are on can be flipped over and that would also help, just haven’t gotten that far yet. I can take a picture tomorrow if it helps, but you should see them... they are tiny little screws
I understand what they are, and I have manipulated mine as well. I'm curious if anyone has actually moved those onto the wiper or if there is a reason I shouldn't. They just don't put the fluid where needed.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:14 PM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
I understand what they are, and I have manipulated mine as well. I'm curious if anyone has actually moved those onto the wiper or if there is a reason I shouldn't. They just don't put the fluid where needed.

If they’re like mine they just clip on. Try moving them anywhere you like and if they make you happy leave them there. If not try somewhere else or put ‘em back where they started. Why not?
Old 09-17-2020, 09:46 PM   #5

THOR #11266
Is it just me, or does no one else think the washer fluid doesn't squirt in the right place?
Old 09-17-2020, 09:58 PM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Quote:
Is it just me, or does no one else think the washer fluid doesn't squirt in the right place?

Mine are fine. But I have SOB. More spray would be welcome but the coverage is appropriate.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:54 PM   #7

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
THOR #14698
Nozzle replacement

Anybody replace the nozzles? If so with what or a part number plz. I have tried to adjust the squirter but the passenger side still sprays the juice on passing cars!
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 04:43 AM   #8

State: Florida
THOR #15668
I was wondrring if any one has figured how to get more water flow..for wiper wash... .maybe a better larger water pump? I have 10 foot window with two small streams of water coming out. Come on man. We need more water.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:19 AM   #9

THOR #17588
I agree... currently spending time googling to see if A tractor trailer like a Peterbilt or Kenworth windshield washer pump has more psi.... then it’s an easy retrofit to the current fluid bladder. I’ve also looked at several other nozzle designs that can be spread across the arm and blade. Winters rolling in fast too so I won’t be doing much testing… Just reading and building my list
Old 11-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #10

THOR #17588
So, after spending more time than one should… fixing thor’s problem and looking for windshield squirters or nozzles. I’m kind of tapped out. Several option I will look at when better testing weather.

1) Re-adjust and position the current squirters, since it has 6 nozzles, closing 2 may create more pressure to squirt further

2) Buy one of these to test? If it’s good for a bus windshield, then it should work for us
https://www.amequipment.com/shop/win...her-nozzle-kit

3) Buy a few stock one’s as back up and tweak as mentioned above, since I will most likely break one.
https://www.wheelerfleet.com/product...-nozzle/538367

4) Look at this style
https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Wa.../dp/B00C7WTYYW

5) Pick up these 2 items and have my wife take care of dirty windows, since I afford her to live this lifestyle…
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0841G73J3...v_ov_lig_dp_it
https://www.amazon.com/Hudson-60151-...5875764&sr=8-8

6) More research on higher output washer pumps

7) Put a “Y” in the fluid hose and run another small nozzle on the end of the arm or blade

That’s all I got… Hope it helps.
Bradley