Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-10-2020, 05:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
THOR #17785
2015 vegas24.1 captain chair replacement

I’m in Nj looking to replace drivers/passengers seating . Not looking to add electric extras , just lumbar support . You can do that with manual . Has anyone replaced them . Who did you buy from , which style also . Did you install or professional , if professional whom ? Not looking to do modifications to pedestal.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=car+seat+...ar&ref=is_pn_1

Above is a far better choice.
If I recommend a seat based on my happiness and it doesn't fit you well, you're $3,500 dollars into seats that are just as uncomfortable as the ones you replaced.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=18
The units in the above link work for us in every vehicle.
Any upholstery shop can install them behind under the skin if you want an integrated look.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:15 AM   #3

State: Alaska
THOR #5332
I installed 6 way electric bases on the seats also installed lumbar supports in the seats. I purchased all material from seats4less.com
Old 01-12-2020, 01:13 PM   #4

THOR #17785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015axis View Post
I installed 6 way electric bases on the seats also installed lumbar supports in the seats. I purchased all material from seats4less.com

What style did you choose? Did you also get foot rest with ? Did you install yourself and if so was your prior seat electric also or do you have to modify and add?
Old 01-12-2020, 04:56 PM   #5

THOR #5332
6 Way Electric Seats

The Axis didn't come with power bases nor lumbar supports, after driving any longer then a few hours my back was shot. the seats aren't bad seem pretty comfortable just unable to position them to make them ergonomically correct.

I had to cut the bases down to compensate for the base height also run power to them.

I did the work myself and did not add foot rest.. not enough room.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:17 PM   #6

THOR #13932
Quote:
The Axis didn't come with power bases nor lumbar supports, after driving any longer then a few hours my back was shot. the seats aren't bad seem pretty comfortable just unable to position them to make them ergonomically correct.

I had to cut the bases down to compensate for the base height also run power to them.

I did the work myself and did not add foot rest.. not enough room.
While this is 100% the opposite of what the op asked, it has great value to everyone else reading this, so I'll add:

That power unit is available from almost every gm from my 1966 through my 2001 blazer and possibly newer.

It's available at almost any salvage yard in the world for 20-ish bucks.

Just a note for those capable and interested.

I have two of these units set aside right now.
The power units we have aren't installed because I'm waiting to find salvaged 30 way ventilated Lincoln seats as full replacements.
In the mean time, the bolsters suggested are the solution for us.(and it's likely we'll still need bolsters even with the Lincoln seats.)

And
We added spacers as outlined in my ongoing thread by someone else. Half inch stack of washers added to the two front seat bolts on the stock axis seats. It made me stop looking for immediate seat replacement. The change made the axis seats VERY nice for us.

We'll still do the swap, because we can, and ventilated and heated and massage and memory and all that. But with that slight lift in the front of the stock seats, there is now no hurry for the swap.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:23 PM   #7

THOR #5332
My apologies Ill try to respond more accurate next time,
Old 01-12-2020, 05:37 PM   #8

THOR #13932
Quote:
My apologies Ill try to respond more accurate next time,
Why would you do that?
The op is a 1/2% minority of those members reading this.
Your post and my posts were for all the others involved here.

I wouldn't have written for 15 minutes if I thought your post wasn't the most valuable here.
Your post is the most valuable post in this thread.

I'm about alternative solutions, not specific solutions.

Your post was a perfectly alternative alternative to the op very vague knowledge of how to fix the problem. The op has no reason to not want to modify the pedastals and no specific reason to dismiss power manipulation. The assumption has to be made there is a self inability to do the modifications, and no other reason.

I didn't say '100% opposite' to hint at a detriment. I said it to stir those here who can't think past presented information, so they may think 'maybe not new seats, maybe seat manipulation'.

And:
Did you flip the drivers switches upside down and mount them inboard for easy reach? We'd like pictures.....

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:42 AM   #9

THOR #17785
I ordered seats from shop4seats , power base . Ordered with better foam , massage and manual lumbar . They are due to be delivered March 19 to Rv dealer . Appt set up for them to do install and electric . I ordered the Delonghi style . Fingers crossed I made a good choice . I worked with Clara by email, but when finale order was being placed we spoke on phone .
I’ll post when project is completed end of March .
Old 02-07-2020, 03:38 AM   #10

THOR #5332
New Seat

Congrats,, The 6 way bases and lumbar bags i installed are of good quality and are working great. I hope you are please and satisfied with your choice.
I would of done a complete seat change-out as well but didn’t want to mess with changing fabric on dinette cushions to coordinate colors.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:49 AM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
I just ordered 2 Eclipse High Back Truck Seats for our ACE. Bucket seat design and added heat for the DW and manual lumbar support for me. No delivery date yet.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:58 AM   #12

THOR #5332
Seats4less

That’s great.. i was really struggling with getting a couple hundred miles down the road because of the bad design of the seat bases and no lumbar support that Thor installed, at least in the Axis, I haven’t looked at the newer Axis or Vegas to see if they upgraded..