Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2016, 11:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kentucky
THOR #2021
2016 Thor axis Wall vinyl peeling away from wall

Hey, I have a new 2016 Axis and the wall vinyl is peeling away from the wall, it looks like crap.. Just noticed it.. Anyone having this trouble ?? It's inder the windows on the driver side above the couch and in tbe bedroom under the escape window.. They will need to take out everything and reinstall the wall... How will they fix this correctly. ??? I've only had this about 8 months..

Old 02-28-2016, 11:22 PM   #2

State: Alabama
THOR #1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenscustomtees View Post
Hey, I have a new 2016 Axis and the wall vinyl is peeling away from the wall, it looks like crap.. Just noticed it.. Anyone having this trouble ?? It's inder the windows on the driver side above the couch and in tbe bedroom under the escape window.. They will need to take out everything and reinstall the wall... How will they fix this correctly. ??? I've only had this about 8 months..
I really hate to tell you this but Thor probably will not warranty this issue. They will tell you that you only have a 90 day warranty on your seals. Hopefully I am wrong in your case.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:25 PM   #3

THOR #2021
Thai isn't the seals, but the actual wall paper covering on the walls.. And they will cover mine! I'm 5 minutes from the dealership and I own a sign shop! Get my drift
Old 02-29-2016, 02:05 AM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I have a 2015 Vegas and have had no problems with my wall covering. I've also not heard of any other ownets with the vinyl wall covering peeling. I'd be very suspicious that it is occurring under windows. It may be a symptom of moisture getting under the vinyl. Take it back to the dealer and have them determine why it is peeling.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:22 AM   #5

THOR #2021
No it was where the vinyl folded against itself when they put the Windows in, I actually took a heat gun and heated it up, put wallpaper glue behind it, with clear silicon and a squeege and fixed it back, I figure I could repair it way better than the quick fixes the local guys would do,
Old 02-29-2016, 02:45 AM   #6

THOR #1478
Quote:
Thai isn't the seals, but the actual wall paper covering on the walls.. And they will cover mine! I'm 5 minutes from the dealership and I own a sign shop! Get my drift
I really do hope you are correct. You mentioned that it was peeling under the widow which was the reason I mention it. This is what they told me and it was a $2 grand fix. They said it was moisture from the widow. They are great about fixing small in expense things under warranty. However, they seem to look for any loop-hold to get out of fixing anything that will cost them a lot of money. I wish you nothing but the best of luck. I just wanted to give you a heads up. I have nothing but myself to blame because I did not read the fine print on the 90 day seal warranty. I thought it was just bad QC.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:06 AM   #7

THOR #2021
Hey, thanks. Yea it's not water leaking, when I got it I noticed the Vinyl was distorted a little where they had put the window in, but I think the weather being so cold made it shrink, and ripping some, but I pulled it back and no sign of water or moisture, got it fixed back in about 40 minutes and had everything at the house to fix it. So I know I would do a better job than joe blow that don't give a dang ..
Old 02-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #8

THOR #1478
Quote:
Hey, thanks. Yea it's not water leaking, when I got it I noticed the Vinyl was distorted a little where they had put the window in, but I think the weather being so cold made it shrink, and ripping some, but I pulled it back and no sign of water or moisture, got it fixed back in about 40 minutes and had everything at the house to fix it. So I know I would do a better job than joe blow that don't give a dang ..
Glad to here that you want have to deal with them on a seal issue. Happy trails on the road.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #9

THOR #2021
same problem with my 2016 thor axis.. .and its peeling or twisted in other places also. .but i fixed mine myself for under $20 with a trip to Lowes and some stick tile trimmed .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7144.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	2076  
Old 05-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #10
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
wallpaper peeling

We have had our Vegas for two weeks and after one trip the wallpaper in the bathroom where it meets the sink has bubbled up in one spot. I can only guess that it wasn't sealed properly and water got behind the wallpaper. Also the counter top had a bubble and the finish underneath is ruined.
Took to the dealership who took pictures to send to Thor for warranty.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #11
Kev

THOR #3918
Can you please tell me what the tile is called you used?
Old 06-09-2016, 01:11 PM   #12

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #4366
We have one spot about an inch long in the shower area, never used, near the ceiling that is starting to peal loose.
Thinking a little contact cement will do the trick.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:06 PM   #13
Kev

THOR #3918
Thor already has been notified through the dealer who sent pictures. They have agreed to make the repairs under warranty
Old 04-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #14

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: California
THOR #791
We have a 2014 Hurricane 32A. The wallpaper is wrinkled around the entry door and cabinet corners, also peeling inside of the cabinets. The wallpaper was glued right on to plywood which probably soaked up much of the glue that was used. This is a very poor technique when installing wallpaper!
We live in Ca so moisture/humidity is not an issue. Just a crappy install.