Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2022, 04:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Illinois
THOR #5822
2016 Thor Tuscany 45AT Radio Upgrade

I have a 2016 Thor Tuscany 45AT that was equipped with an XiteSolutions XSG2NA-X2DM/L Infotainment Center.

I believe that it only has two modules, the 10.4 inch display with touchscreen and membrane pushbutton strip alongside the LCD display, and the "head module" with DVD/CD player.

There is also a camera switch box that feeds the video input from the rear and two mirror cams (L & R)..

The membrane pushbutton panel is failing, which makes it difficult to switch between functions (PWR, MENU, DIM, VOL+, VOL-, NAV, FAV and MUTE).

This unit has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

I am looking for a new system from another manufacturer with the same functions, or more.

Has anyone replaced their Xite system with another?

Could you please provide me with information on the manufacturer and model number?

I will be replacing the unit myself.

Photos of the display and head unit are provided.

I look forward to your input!

MDoughertyClick image for larger version

Name:	20220404_123947.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	36783Click image for larger version

Name:	20220404_123957.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	36785Click image for larger version

Name:	20220404_124030.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	36786Click image for larger version

Name:	20220404_124400.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	36787

Old 05-14-2022, 12:10 AM   #2

THOR #5822
Garmin RV-IN1501 Infotainment System

I have discovered that Thor is currently offering the above referenced GPS navigation/entertainment system in its new RVs. However, nobody will tell me if the new system can be easily retrofitted to a 2016 Thor Tuscany 45AT.

If you want one, you will have to buy it through a Thor dealer. Garmin does not sell these direct. Use this link for more information.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/628303

I don't have access to my coach right now, so I cannot remove the bezel from the dash where the Xcite electronics module is currently mounted.

Has anyone taken this part of the dash apart and seen what kind of structure is behind there? Will it accept a double DIN electronics chassis?

It shouldn't be a problem putting the display module on the dash where the Xcite display is located. I looked at it earlier and it appears that it is surface mounted with two screws that protrude behind the surface. You have to pop the fibreglas dash cover in order to see what I'm talking about.

The Garmin website shows the display mounted in portrait orientation, but they have told me that their software allows for changing it to landscape orientation.

I would very much appreciate input from other Thor owners.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fusion_RV-IN1501_Install_EN-US.pdf (524.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf Fusion_RV-IN_1501_OM_EN-US.pdf (2.96 MB, 45 views)
Old 05-14-2022, 01:09 AM   #3

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Mine is double din, beyond that can’t help you

Will follow your progress
Old 05-14-2022, 03:03 AM   #4

THOR #5822
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
Mine is double din, beyond that can’t help you

Will follow your progress
Please define what is "mine" ... [emoji846]
Old 05-14-2022, 12:03 PM   #5

THOR #9178
Tuscany 42GX
Old 05-20-2022, 09:13 PM   #6

State: California
THOR #26829
I'm in the same boat as the OP. My Xite unit is fading fast and I'm looking for an upgrade.

The panel buttons don't operate very well and are forever sticky. Can't seem to get them clean. My CD/DVD unit broke loose from the mounts and when I tried to remove the trim/bezel off the screen, I cracked the screen. And the Rand GPS has never worked very well.

I removed the dash access panel above the instrument cluster and got a photo of the back part of the Xite unit, dash switches, etc. The photo shows no double DIN rack visible, just black plastic with two nuts that may be holding the Xite in place somehow. The CD/DVD is visible in the lower area. I have no clue as to getting some of the other dash components apart.

FYI- the CD/DVD is held by 4 studs/nuts that are epoxied directly to the back of the dash console. Mine broke loose and I used a small c-clamp to secure it. Kind of a weird original installation.

I hope this info helps in some way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220428_140354 tf3.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	851.3 KB
ID:	37602   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220429_150601 tf4.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	845.4 KB
ID:	37603  

jwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 01:19 AM   #7

THOR #9178
Plenty of room for double don

My screen buttons are bad as well

The Rand McNally works great after all the updates

You will need to buy the complete installation kit of whatever you go with

Watching to see if anyone has found a screen that fits
Old 11-13-2022, 09:21 PM   #8

THOR #5822
I purchased the current Xite system from River Park in Elkhart to replace my original unit (vintage 2016). The new unit no longer has the membrane keys on the left side of the display. The functions are now handled by "soft keys" on the LCD screen. I have not installed it yet, but it is going to be a plug and play replacement. The cost for the new system was $1,488.75 including tax and shipping.

The power harness, GPS and Sirius/XM antenna/module of the existing system are plug and play with the replacement system.

The Wi-Fi dongle is needed for to take the map updates, new system now utilizes Navi Extras instead of Rand McNally software and is done via Wi-Fi connection.

As the Navigation 16gb data chip is built into the radio core now, no more SD card.

Current replacement system part numbers and pricing:

XS90115M104C… XITE XSMON-104TC-M-CAP-VESA 10.4" MONITOR @$499
XS90116C… XITE XSG4C INFOTAINMENT CORE DUAL PROCESSOR EMBEDDED NAV @$859
XS90116C100H… XSG4 1M EXTENSION CABLE DISPLAY PORT TO HDMI @$16
125X90115HR02…HARNESS 12v EXTENSION G3B CORE TO XS90115M104C MONITOR @$20
XS90199… USB WIFI DONGLE @40

Let me know if you have any questions. You can go to this website for more information on the new infotainment system: https://riverparkinc.com/product/xite-x2dml/
Old 12-02-2022, 11:53 PM   #9

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #28609
I have the same headunit with the same button problem, the unit is pretty lame. I have purchased a Atoto 10.1" unit from Amazon that I plan on installing this weekend. I appreciate the photos from inside the dash as they will help my effort.

From what I can tell is that the CD unit is the main PC/control and the flat panel is really a monitor with the sticky key panel. I know the unit is Windows based as I've seen an error message to indicate that.

I'll be sure to post on how my install goes. The plan is to cut a square double-din whole in the plastic to allow the standard mounting bracket o mount in.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:41 AM   #10

THOR #28609
Couldn't find the time for the install until today. It went pretty well, I was able to cut a double-din sized hole for the new unit (using an oscillating cutoff tool from Harbor Freight) which mounted nicely. The wiring was pretty straightforward, the existing harness unplugged from the back of the main unit (the one with the CD), the other end unplugged from the coach. This allowed me to cut the old head unit connector off and solder the new unit's wiring harness. Even the wire colors were the same between the old and the new. Additionally, both harnesses have small stickers to indicated what each wire is for. The cameras work great and still switch to the side cameras when using the turn signals (there is a module under the dash that I left in place).

Name:	tuscany-hu1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	40348

Name:	tuscanny-hu2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	40349
Old 12-12-2022, 01:10 AM   #11

THOR #9178
Nice work, looks great!
Old 12-12-2022, 01:46 AM   #12

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
...a Greg Lake fan, or just coincidence?
Old 12-13-2022, 12:43 AM   #13

THOR #28609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
...a Greg Lake fan, or just coincidence?

Absolutely, a huge fan of all the great prog rock
Old 01-28-2023, 06:23 PM   #14

THOR #5822
Infotainment System replacement

Hello again,

I did not lie about buying the new Infotainment System... I just have not installed it yet. I have been trying to get some advice for removal of the bezel where the main electronics is mounted (see photo).

I don't want to break it because I need to reuse it for the new Infotainment System 2.0. If anyone can provide advice on how to get it out of the way it should simplify unplugging cables and removing the electronics chassis.

I have delayed installation because of my broken left arm. It isn't getting any better so I've decided to just forge ahead, the hell with the pain.

I am on the verge of taking things apart. A quick reply would be much appreciated.

BTW, it would be interesting to learn the model number of the Toto (or Atoto) System that was installed by Preamble. The new Infotainment System does not include a CD/DVD player or chip reader. I'm probably going to miss having that. My wife and I like to listen to audiobooks on long drives
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230125_171556.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	40709  
Old 08-07-2023, 10:46 PM   #15

State: California
THOR #30464
I need to reset my system. Thor told me to pry off the bezel. I don't see how this is possible without destroying it. How did you do it?
Old 08-08-2023, 12:10 AM   #16

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalt View Post
FYI- the CD/DVD is held by 4 studs/nuts that are epoxied directly to the back of the dash console. Mine broke loose and I used a small c-clamp to secure it. Kind of a weird original installation.

I hope this info helps in some way.
I have a Thor ACE the Console has those failed epoxied stud mounts as well. Although I have a totally different coach this may give you some ideas about how to fix the problems. My arms and body just cannot bend the way needed to reach the nut. The worst problem was the HVAC controls but many of the others in the console were also broken loose. I solved the problem when I replaced the infotainment system by installing 8-32 Speed clips with screws pointing out. I drilled holes in the console fascia for the screws and used Acorn nuts to retain the facia.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Broken HVAC Panel.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	43065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stud placement.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	43068  

Name:	REpaired Facia panel.jpg