Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-17-2020, 07:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sequence
State: Florida
THOR #18604
Sequence undercarriage step light will NOT turn off

Does anyone with a Thor Sequence have the same issue? There are undercarriage step lights on the outside of the van that look like pimp lights at night. These lights only turn off after about 30 minutes. There is a button on our Rapid Camp system that says "exterior accent" that doesn't seem to control anything. We've crawled under the van and followed the cables until they disappear, and we can't seem to located a fuse for these lights. We're about ready to just cut the dang wire on them, these make it very hard to stealth camp when we need to.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
My under step. lights are controlled by a switch that is activated by opening the screen door. The same switch also activates the steps when they are not locked in the out position.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:24 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Sequence undercarriage step light will NOT turn off

That’s my thought was a switch somewhere but then why the 30 minute time delay?? Hmmm
Typically if it’s a protection feature so as not to drain the battery it’s usually 15min or less. Just a bit of quick reading, Google is your friend, this system isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. If you turn on step / awning lights with the remote you have to turn them off with the remote, the switch doesn’t work!! Geesh. A quick phone call to Lippert may solve your issue.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:18 AM   #4
rhb

State: Oregon
THOR #19441
Did you ever find out how to turn the lights off.

I just picked up a Sequence 20 L last week and tonight I noticed the same thing. The lights came on when I opened the side cargo door, but did not go off for an extended period of time. Could not find any reference in the manual.

Tags
accent, fuse, light, sequence, undercarriage