Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-09-2017, 12:54 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #8014
No. Our 2018 is on the E350.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #22

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Latest Mods

Here's some of latest mods. I know this Forum will be aghast at my placement of the under counter coffee maker in the bathroom but there was really no other space that worked and the GFI outlet was right there. So now I rise from bed do my business and start the coffee - what could be better?

The TPMS I bought is great, I can see real time values as I drive and the alarms work great (I had over inflated one of the tires the other day and as it heated up it went into alarm - I stopped and let some air out. This one is wireless to tire sensors that turn off when not rolling and it has a solar charger for the display unit.

Featured previously, the Ikea file holders make an ideal light weight end tables for the back of the 24.1!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TPMS.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	6569   Click image for larger version

Name:	endtable.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	6570  

Click image for larger version

Name:	coffeemaker.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	6571   Click image for larger version

Name:	RVtrip170806.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	6572  

Old 08-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #23
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused
Here's some of latest mods. I know this Forum will be aghast at my placement of the under counter coffee maker in the bathroom but there was really no other space that worked and the GFI outlet was right there. So now I rise from bed do my business and start the coffee - what could be better?
Also note the well known effect of coffee making you want to use the restroom..."Hey its all right there"
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:00 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nebraska
THOR #10102
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad View Post
We have looked at a few different units! Even some trailers but we keep coming back to the Vegas 24.1! We want something comfortable if we're stuck inside when the weather gets bad and want to have some room and be comfortable! Yet but still have something that's drivable when we get to an area to see the sights! As you know it's just my wife and I and a couple of small dogs. I recently retired and my wife is possibly looking at the end of this year to pull the plug. So we're really getting serious and looking at options!
This forum is a great resource with so many members eager to offer advice!
I love these ruv's. But do they bottom out on bumpy roads and dips in drive ways?
Old 11-23-2017, 11:12 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by cingold View Post
I love these ruv's. But do they bottom out on bumpy roads and dips in drive ways?
I’ve owned two and have had zero problems with bottoming out. The wheel base is long so you don’t have a problem with the rear dragging as I did in my class C. The lowest point is the lip under the steps. That hits first, but I have never had any damage.

Tags
2018, vegas 24.1