Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2019, 02:56 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
pics!!!!
will, do... we just got in from camping...having the bed below the window was great, made the room feel and look bigger.. fur babys jump right up there... you can now sit on the bed side and put boots on....

Old 03-23-2019, 06:22 PM   #22

Model: ACE
State: Florida
THOR #10958
Same problem here! I purchased a RV Queen Topper which added height; then we put several of the pool-noodles under the head to lift the headboard. THEN I got a small step stool so that I could actually reach the bed. Not ideal and this is one of the complaints I have with the layout. The step-stool was a requirement but not a perfect solution.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:40 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
will, do... we just got in from camping...having the bed below the window was great, made the room feel and look bigger.. fur babys jump right up there... you can now sit on the bed side and put boots on....
Congratulations on the successful completion of a very useful change!
We do need to see the pics...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:55 PM   #24

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Delaware
THOR #8127
We also have a 29M. I can't help you with the height of the bed as I like it being 6'7, but my 5'3 wife just deals with it. She would like a step up too. We also have a 12 year old Bichon. Getting her up on the bed requires us to pick her up or get some steps. The ones at CW or elsewhere don't work. I found a guy on etsy who did a custom set of steps that we put against the back wall of the coach that have the right amount of width and height to work perfectly so our dog can get up and we don't have to worry about removing them for the slide-out. His store is "Petsteppin" and he is out of Missouri. Fair price and solid craftsmanship. Good luck. Hope it helps
Old 03-24-2019, 12:42 AM   #25

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
the other thing, my wife filled the empty nest with these furry kids....she thinks they're people..they can't jump up on the bed and she lets them sleep by her...they jump down to get a drink of water and whine till I pick them back up...
You're furry children are adorable. We have 4 and they are spoiled beyond belief. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:11 AM   #26

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by werbrichfamily View Post
We also have a 29M. I can't help you with the height of the bed as I like it being 6'7, but my 5'3 wife just deals with it. She would like a step up too. We also have a 12 year old Bichon. Getting her up on the bed requires us to pick her up or get some steps. The ones at CW or elsewhere don't work. I found a guy on etsy who did a custom set of steps that we put against the back wall of the coach that have the right amount of width and height to work perfectly so our dog can get up and we don't have to worry about removing them for the slide-out. His store is "Petsteppin" and he is out of Missouri. Fair price and solid craftsmanship. Good luck. Hope it helps

Love Bichons! Some of the sweetest creatures God ever made. Recently lost our second one (at 17 so she had a good run). It so hard! Recently got a rescue Papillon so we’ll see how that goes. He’s a great traveler so we’re off to a good start!
Old 03-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #27

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Maria sleeps on that side also. I night look into doing this as well

Good summer project after our D.C. trip

Jerry

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:49 AM   #28

State: Nevada
THOR #12329
just got back from our weekend warrior's trip to havasu and parker.... bed is awesome... I ordered a cal-king mattress,.. cal king is same width 72'' as the king in the thor… but only 75'' long,... so got the wifes electric knife out and cut about 9'' of the head of the mattress....I ordered it from Walmart on line, showed up to my door in a couple days,.. couldn't find a cal king anywhere,,..

also they have cal-king sheet sets at ROSS...
Old 03-25-2019, 04:55 PM   #29

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #14384
I feel your pain. Replaced the stock mattress in our 34J with a 10.5 memory foam. Now I sleep but I do have to give a little jump to get into bed.

Lowering like you did was a good bit of work, not sure I will ever get that ambitious.