Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2019, 07:20 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
The change is exactly right.
Your attitude toward the Handling and parking are a great thing to have.
Don't let a shower eat into your attitude.
We got over the size fast, as thinking about it wasn't as productive as we'd like.

Try the easy fixes recommended, if they don't do anything... Don't do anything.
(this comes from a guy who put 4wd under his unit to improve the handli g and temper my temper about wet grassy fields.)
The handling I could fix... The shower I have to live with.
Handling=8 hours a day... Shower =3 minutes.

You sound like you're enjoying the coach.
Some here chronically complain.
I misread your attitude a bit...entirely my fault.
No worries, duck! I am loving my rig and loving making it mine. I'm drilling holes all over the place, mounting my TPMS and (coming soon) my 9" monitor that will allow me to have all three cameras on at all times! We absolutely can't wait to go out west next month and the shower is such a minor issue, even for my wife. We know that there are far more pressing things in life than that!

As for the 4WD fix, I can help you. You want me to hold the flashlight here, or over here?

Old 08-07-2019, 07:46 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N4...b_b_asin_title

Now you've gone and mentioned monitors.
I bought my two of these at 65 bucks each, but there's one listed at $101.

They'll mount on the bottom of the overhead bed.

Also:
Onn brand 10.1" android 9 tablet at Walmart for 99 bucks is a jewel for running torque and radar now app and waze. It lives on that dished out spot above the radio.
Those odd, hinge type sticky padded, as seen on TV, Mounts are perfect for our dash. Holds phones and the 10.1 5ablet like glue.

Eonon 10.1 android 9 double din radio is about to installed. 260 bucks.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:34 PM   #23

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N4...b_b_asin_title

Now you've gone and mentioned monitors.
I bought my two of these at 65 bucks each, but there's one listed at $101.

They'll mount on the bottom of the overhead bed.

Also:
Onn brand 10.1" android 9 tablet at Walmart for 99 bucks is a jewel for running torque and radar now app and waze. It lives on that dished out spot above the radio.
Those odd, hinge type sticky padded, as seen on TV, Mounts are perfect for our dash. Holds phones and the 10.1 5ablet like glue.

Eonon 10.1 android 9 double din radio is about to installed. 260 bucks.

4wd is already installed and so is a 4 inch lift.
We're on the road to the grand canyon if you're headed there when you meant 'west'.
We'll set up a picture of them side by side.
I picked up a 4-way split monitor ($70) but I had to also purchase three adapters to go from the 5-pin video cables to an RCA style plug, so that was an additional $40. I like the idea of having all three cameras on at once but with a push of a dedicated button, I can pull up the one I want to be full-screen. I like the idea of a fourth input being available, but not sure how I will use it just yet. Could be another camera, could be some type of nav screen.

We are headed to Utah, NM, and Texas in late September. We'll know by the end of that one what REALLY needs to be done!
Old 08-07-2019, 11:37 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
I have spent some time trying to find/googling a "neo angle shower door"- which is what I think you are looking for. There are the solid glass type and I was also looking for a rolling up type door. I was not sucessful in really finding anything that wasnt over $250 and/or fit, so I gave up.
I agree though w/ the shower- you need to be very conscious about not letting water spray get outside the curtain and get all over the shower.

Side note- I did silicone caulk all the corners of the bathroom floor/toilet area and side of the cabinet so that way water could not get underneath the vinyl floor when the floor gets wet.

Please post if you find a good replacement door- i would be interested.
Ian
Old 08-08-2019, 12:15 AM   #25
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
You guys should be so lucky: The early Axis/Vegas units had a different shower bar which held the curtain in much closer than the one in use now.

When Thor introduced the models with that bar there was a mad scramble on here trying to find it and retrofit the older units (its called an "ARC shower curtain rod" (Amazon)).

The thing is: when you buy it you have to cut the bar down to size. When I installed mine I left it a little longer so it loops out a bit further than the stock one. Since I installed that I haven't really had any issues with the shower.

As long as you're talking about bathroom mods don't forget about adding the flip up table to the sink:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-13 10.11.27.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	19490

Name:	2018-01-13 10.12.00.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	19491
(I can't really take credit for this idea--the source of it is in the Axis/Vegas mods thread.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:27 AM   #26

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte534j View Post
I have spent some time trying to find/googling a "neo angle shower door"- which is what I think you are looking for. There are the solid glass type and I was also looking for a rolling up type door. I was not sucessful in really finding anything that wasnt over $250 and/or fit, so I gave up.
I agree though w/ the shower- you need to be very conscious about not letting water spray get outside the curtain and get all over the shower.

Side note- I did silicone caulk all the corners of the bathroom floor/toilet area and side of the cabinet so that way water could not get underneath the vinyl floor when the floor gets wet.

Please post if you find a good replacement door- i would be interested.
Ian
Yeah, we kinda gave up looking, as well. My wife says she just wants to get a longer curtain. If I see anything that looks like it could work, I'll post it here.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:29 AM   #27

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
You guys should be so lucky: The early Axis/Vegas units had a different shower bar which held the curtain in much closer than the one in use now.

When Thor introduced the models with that bar there was a mad scramble on here trying to find it and retrofit the older units (its called an "ARC shower curtain rod" (Amazon)).

The thing is: when you buy it you have to cut the bar down to size. When I installed mine I left it a little longer so it loops out a bit further than the stock one. Since I installed that I haven't really had any issues with the shower.

As long as you're talking about bathroom mods don't forget about adding the flip up table to the sink:
Attachment 19490
Attachment 19491
(I can't really take credit for this idea--the source of it is in the Axis/Vegas mods thread.)
I remember seeing that thread when I was first looking for solutions and I couldn't figure out what everyone was talking about. Then, I realized that I had stumbled on to a thread that was YEARS old!

Cool flip up table. Did you fab that yourself or buy something and simply install it?
Old 08-08-2019, 12:31 AM   #28
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
I remember seeing that thread when I was first looking for solutions and I couldn't figure out what everyone was talking about. Then, I realized that I had stumbled on to a thread that was YEARS old!

Cool flip up table. Did you fab that yourself or buy something and simply install it?
I bought the flip-up table from Camping World but the hinges it included wouldn't fold flat enough to get the door to close so I ended up picking up some on Amazon that worked better (I also really messed up that side panel of the cabinet and had a local cabinet shop make a new matching one--you can't even tell its a replacement).

LOL That thread is still going on...
Old 08-08-2019, 12:59 AM   #29

THOR #15054
Quote:
I bought the flip-up table from Camping World but the hinges it included wouldn't fold flat enough to get the door to close so I ended up picking up some on Amazon that worked better (I also really messed up that side panel of the cabinet and had a local cabinet shop make a new matching one--you can't even tell its a replacement).

LOL That thread is still going on...
I'll check that one out. I didn't realize that this is indeed a mod that my wife had already wanted!
Old 08-08-2019, 02:08 AM   #30
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
I'll check that one out. I didn't realize that this is indeed a mod that my wife had already wanted!
Here are the hinges I used (Amazon).
Old 08-08-2019, 02:11 AM   #31

THOR #15054
Quote:
Cool. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2019, 12:02 PM   #32

State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Yeah, we kinda gave up looking, as well. My wife says she just wants to get a longer curtain. If I see anything that looks like it could work, I'll post it here.

That was a big part of our problem. Our shower curtain was about 2 inches too short. Thanks To BYoshida I learned that Bed, Bath and Beyond sells the Hookless brand of shower curtains. I purchased the cloth liner she suggested, but it was much bigger than the curtain we have. I have some basic sewing skills so I cut it down to match the width of our curtain and cut off the extra length on the bottom. I stitched the sides that I had cut and then put some zinc drapery weights on the bottom. The liner now barely touches the floor of the shower. We are taking another trip in the next week or two so we will see then if it is an improvement. Glad you are enjoying your rig!
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #33

Model: Axis 25.1
State: California
THOR #2792
Nautilus Shower Door

Besides changing the shower head, one of the best things we did recently to make things more comfortable was to install the Stoett Industries Nautilus retractable shower door in our Axis 25.1. We don't have to worry about the shower curtain clinging to us anymore. The shower feels a whole lot roomier, too. We never go to the shower rooms at the parks anymore.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Nautilus Shower Door.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	19549  
Old 08-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #34

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post
Besides changing the shower head, one of the best things we did recently to make things more comfortable was to install the Stoett Industries Nautilus retractable shower door in our Axis 25.1. We don't have to worry about the shower curtain clinging to us anymore. The shower feels a whole lot roomier, too. We never go to the shower rooms at the parks anymore.
Right, but the 25.1 has a rectangular shower base, does it not? The 24.1 has a neo-angle, which (unfortunately) there doesn't seem to be a corresponding product for.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #35

State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Right, but the 25.1 has a rectangular shower base, does it not? The 24.1 has a neo-angle, which (unfortunately) there doesn't seem to be a corresponding product for.
Yep.
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 02:11 AM   #36

State: Ontario
THOR #17549
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post

I saw a video on the shower door and I'm dying to get one.

Does anyone know where to get a Nautilus RV Retractable Shower Door in Canada?

Thanks in advance