Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2020, 01:08 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
THOR #11834
Vegas 24.1 Shower Curtain Pain

In my 2018 Vegas, the shower is small and what little space there is ends up being taken up by the shower curtain. Every turn you make in the shower ends up with the curtain sticking to you. Has anyone made modifications to shower that eliminates this problem? Because the side of the vanity abuts the shower, convening to a door does not seem possible.

Old 02-04-2020, 01:55 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Do the "modern" 24.1's still come with the ARC shower bar?

Our 2014 didn't and I installed one, but I think our ARC bows out more than what Thor installed. Thus our shower curtain is wider at the top and tapers down to the bottom.

Although I like the magnet idea too...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:10 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRob View Post
In my 2018 Vegas, the shower is small and what little space there is ends up being taken up by the shower curtain. Every turn you make in the shower ends up with the curtain sticking to you. Has anyone made modifications to shower that eliminates this problem? Because the side of the vanity abuts the shower, convening to a door does not seem possible.

We use a large pool noodle half way up the shower curtain arched out like the curtain rod from shower wall to shower wall it does a good job of keeping the curtain from sticking to your backside.....
Old 02-05-2020, 04:05 AM   #4

State: Washington
THOR #10717
same annoying thing on my vegas 24.1
I got a 4 or 6 ft piece of stiff metal wire (like 1/8" thick) and bent it in a crescent shape. I then pierced it through the shower curtain liner at about 3 ft from the floor. It holds the shower curtain away from you and is easy to adjust, move around. Cheap fix seems to work well.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #5

THOR #11834
Has anyone ever replaced curtain with a door? I know her is not a lot of space to work with by the bathroom vanity.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:50 PM   #6

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
We took down the supplied shower curtain and replaced it with one from the dollar store.
My wife sewed weights in the bottom and then used Velcro tabs along the sides of the shower itself and then glued them to the shower curtain. It keeps the curtain from moving and not sticking to your body. We also installed a Water Dam from Grabber Bars Ltd that keeps the water in the shower and not on the floor. The Water Dam had to be cut to fit and siliconed in but it works great.
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB
Old 02-05-2020, 09:09 PM   #7

State: Washington
THOR #10717
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRob View Post
Has anyone ever replaced curtain with a door? I know her is not a lot of space to work with by the bathroom vanity.
I looked into it. From what I can figure out it seemed like most of the doors that would be appropriate for this as they needed to have a specific shower pan. I could not find a door that you could use on the current shower pan with a retrofit.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:20 PM   #8

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
My neighbours had installed on their Lexington the Nautilaus retractable shower door and it worked great, it looks a little flimsy but it still good after 3 years. It was not cheap though.
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB
Old 02-06-2020, 12:23 AM   #9

THOR #11834
Thank you.. I thought of the weights, but not the velcro.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #10

State: British Columbia
THOR #2763
We bought two metal rods that were meant to hold shelving brackets (about half an inch wide and four or five feet long) and used white duct tape to stick them at the edges of the shower walls. They run vertically up each edge, and you can't really see them against the white walls.

A few magnets hold the shower curtain against one of the rods all the time, and then I use a few more to stick the other end of the shower curtain against the second rod after I get in. It was the only way I could think to keep the curtain closed, but it did not fix the icky clingy plastic shower curtain problem. I'm liking the pool noodle or thin wire suggestions in this thread!
Old 02-12-2020, 07:36 PM   #11

Model: Gemini 23TW
State: Alaska
THOR #14358
Shower Door possibility

check out Nautilus RV Retractable Shower Doors at

www.stoett.com/nautilus

We have one in our Thor Compass TB and it works great! It is expense but it does work and work great! It was the first thing did after we bought the RV
Gary
Old 02-12-2020, 09:47 PM   #12
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Do the "modern" 24.1's still come with the ARC shower bar?

Our 2014 didn't and I installed one, but I think our ARC bows out more than what Thor installed. Thus our shower curtain is wider at the top and tapers down to the bottom.

Although I like the magnet idea too...
….didn't we all talk about this on another feed a couple weeks ago ?
We discovered that if a person showers with their back towards the wall of the shower it makes for an easier job...there is a learning curve to using the shower effectively in the 24.1 for sure !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:00 AM   #13

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
I have figured out the shower dilemma if you have the talent:
I did some measuring and there is no reason the current bathroom sink cabinet can't mount on the rear bathroom door facing the same way it now does.
Unfasten the cabinet from the floor and wall, screw it to the door, add flex hoses to the current lines.
Rebuild the shower pan to max size, cut the cabinet to fit over the shower pan lip when the door is closed, and you have a shower twice the size. You'll just take a shower with the bathroom extended to full size which then has the sink sitting in the aisle...still usable.

It's really a pretty easy solution.
I have no need to do this as I have no complaints about the shower as it is.
It's completely doable. It's a small weekend project except for the shower pan.
The shower pan is tile and flexible grout.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:26 AM   #14
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coveman2 View Post
My neighbours had installed on their Lexington the Nautilaus retractable shower door and it worked great, it looks a little flimsy but it still good after 3 years. It was not cheap though.
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB

Well I seldom bookmark things, but this door maybe the solution our Palazzo flat panel(s) shower door that curves around as it opens and closes. Opening is a pain. If you crack it open and wet the bottom rail first, then it will not catch so long as you open it slowly. The top guide wheel never stays in the track. This will be a future project unless anyone has a solution to the OEM shower door.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:27 PM   #15

State: Texas
THOR #13374
shower curtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony&Sheryl View Post
We use a large pool noodle half way up the shower curtain arched out like the curtain rod from shower wall to shower wall it does a good job of keeping the curtain from sticking to your backside.....

Can you post a picture of how this noodle looks when used? Thanks
Old 02-14-2020, 11:14 PM   #16

THOR #5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
Can you post a picture of how this noodle looks when used? Thanks

I would but I’ve got another 3 weeks before I head home from Iraq....We shape it just like the shower curtain rod at about waste high.....It pushes the curtain out away from you but keeps the bottom still in the basin..After we are done it stores between the curtain rod and ceiling with same bend as the rod.....