Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2015, 09:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Bathroom mods in Vegas

Finally got around to replacing the bathroom two knob sink faucet with a single lever faucet. No extra fittings, hardware or drilling was required. It would help to have small hands -I don't- to tighten the connections. It maybe easier to pull the sink out, install the faucet, tighten the fittings and re-install the sink. I may have done it the hard way.

Also, installed a spray hose on the toilet. I had one on my other two RV's and missed not having one on the Vegas. I used a replacement hose available at most home supply stores, cut the end fitting off and connected to the valve stem provided at rear of toilet. The valve stem at the rear of toilet has to have the end nipped off to open it for water to flow into hose. Very easy installation. I mounted the hose nozzle to the back wall with velcro instead of making a hook or holder.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #2

Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
How about some pics?

Bruce
Old 03-29-2015, 09:42 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
What faucet did u use? Sounds like a good idea. My wife complained about the shower head location and the fact that water always got all over the floor when the shower curtain pushed out, so I put in a piece of 72"X18" plexiglass next to the toilet and moved the shower head to the side of the medicine cabinet. No more water on the floor.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:45 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
That sounds like a great mod. Unfortunately we have an early Vegas where the shower is run off the sink (it doesn't have the separate controls in the shower).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #5

THOR #1765
My shower is run off the sink too (24.1). But the single lever on the sink would make the shower much easier to use.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:38 AM   #6

THOR #1249
Faucet install pics

I forgot that the 2014's have the shower run off of the sink faucet. You may can change that if there is access to the shower faucet from under the sink. Installing a single lever shower faucet will most likely be my next bathroom mod.
Here area couple of pics of the sink. It is a Peerless faucet, Model P131LF. Sells for about $30. I don't have any pics of the toilet sprayer handy, but will try and get a couple in the next day or so.

The caulking around the back wall of the lav top is only temp. till I can find some tan or brown caulking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2474.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	339

Name:	IMG_2475.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	340

Not a lot of room up there
Old 03-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #7

THOR #1765
Thanks for the pics. Looks like a good idea, but I need a faucet that has the attachment for the shower off the back and a diverter. I can not find a single lever that has that. The only other option is to put a Y into both the hot and cold water and run them to a separate shower control. I am not sure that is worth it and I do not know where to put it.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #8

THOR #1249
Spray hose addition to toilet

Below are a couple of pics of the spray hose addition to the toilet. Inexpensive and easy to do except for the tight working space behind the toilet.

Name:	IMG_2488.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	341

Name:	IMG_2490.JPG
Views:	497
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	342

Valve and hose attachment stem on rear of toilet
Old 04-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
For those of us with the shower coming off of the sink we could go with something like this:
RINSE ACE Snap 'n Spray 6 ft. Quick-Connect and Detachable Hose with On and Off Sprayer-4170 - The Home Depot
Add that to a high sink faucet--although you wouldn't want it too high then you couldn't open the cabinet behind the mirror.

Or use one designed for an RV, not sure if this one would be any better than the one we already have:
Dura Faucet (DF-PL720A-CP) RV Lavatory Faucet with Shower Hose Diverter

This one may match the finish better on the Axis/Vegas:
Dura Faucet (DF-PL720C-ORB) RV Lavatory Faucet with Shower Hose Diverter in Oil Rubbed Bronze

LOL of course if you read the reviews many people are disappointed with them because they are mostly plastic--like most faucets in RVs! One reviewer noted that their child's toy sinks were better constructed and they wouldn't even recommend them for their intended RV use!

We could also get a standard sink and put one of these on (much like the Snap & Spray above although this looks to be a bit better):
Shower Arm Diverter

A whole category: Diverter valves

Of course you'd need to install a taller faucet to be able to use a diverter--frankly my whole reason to do it would be to put a taller faucet in.

Makes me wonder: could we put in a utility sink faucet and insert the diverter between the base and the spout? Utility sink faucet
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:57 AM   #10

THOR #1765
Shower mod 1

Here are some pics of my shower mod. Added a 72" X 18" piece of 1/4 " plexiglass between the toilet and the shower. For some reason I only seem to be able to load one picture at a time, so I will do it in three posts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	349  
Old 04-02-2015, 01:11 AM   #11

THOR #1765
Sorry.. second and third posts on shower mod went up in the Axis/Vegas mods in the mods threads.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:58 AM   #12

Model: Vegas
State: Texas
THOR #10201
Plexiglass install

Hi, I can’t find the rest of the post on how you installed the plexiglass in the shower. Could you please repost it?
Thanks
Old 02-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #13

THOR #1765
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=815619

I am in Mexico on my phone, but this might get you there.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #14

THOR #10201
Shower mod

Hello again, I’m sorry for interrupting you in Mexico. that link didn’t get me anywhere. We have the glass cut, but we are just not sure how you attached it. We have a couple ideas but still would like some advice. Thnaks
Old 02-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #15

THOR #10201
Found it

Oh Holy day, I finally found your post. Thanks for helping out. Have fun, always!
Old 02-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #16

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bldcop View Post
Oh Holy day, I finally found your post. Thanks for helping out. Have fun, always!
Glad you found it. It worked for us, but I have a 2016 Axis now and I did not have to make that mod because of the extended shower curtain. That mod for you would also be worth making. There are posts back about two years or so from people who found where to buy the rod and install it.