Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Ok, thanks for the updates. I think I will add them to my cart soon. Its starting to warm up (a little) so I want to get a few things done right away.

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #42

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Rysiek - You mentioned above the turn signal was flickering.... did you figure out what was wrong? Which bulb did you use on the turn signal?

Are the headlight a pure white when on? Or are they slightly blue?

Did you replace the driving lights (down low in the bumper area)? How that that turn out? Yellow fog lights like you mentioned above or white driving lights?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:58 PM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #8604
Headlamps

I know this is an old post Jusjay but i was wondering if you are still happy with this upgrade. I upgraded to LED last fall and I really don't think that they are brighter. I'm not sure about the technology between HID and LED but I'm ready to order the Xentec bulbs you have if you're still happy with them. Both my low beam lamps and high beam lamps are the same bulb and I'm guessing the theory is that when i put on the high beam that it actually doubles the light.

Please, if you will, let me know how satisfied you are with your headlamp upgrade. Thank you so much.

Tom
Old 03-18-2020, 05:30 PM   #44

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Colorado
THOR #10103
OK, still have the LED in. They are much better than the original. Major problem was LED have the light elements on the sides. You have rotate the position to get the best light. AND you have re aim the headlights. After going through that the headlights are super now. Be careful with both LED and HID they run hotter. Don’t go with the Brightest there the hotter ones and will melt the plastic lens.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:29 PM   #45

Model: ACE
State: Ohio
THOR #11446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusjay View Post
OK, still have the LED in. They are much better than the original. Major problem was LED have the light elements on the sides. You have rotate the position to get the best light. AND you have re aim the headlights. After going through that the headlights are super now. Be careful with both LED and HID they run hotter. Don’t go with the Brightest there the hotter ones and will melt the plastic lens.

Did the problem where the turn signal flickered with the headlight on get resolved?
Old 04-15-2020, 08:40 PM   #46

THOR #10103
I didn’t have a issue with the turn signals. Mine did not flicker. Re-aiming the headlights were the big issue.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:42 PM   #47

Model: ACE
State: Ohio
THOR #11446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysiek View Post
I just installed the new Hikari LED lights today. They are much brighter than the halogen lamps. I need to do some night driving to compare them with the old ones. And possibly will need to make some beam adjustments.
Here are some pics.

So, at this point all the light in my coach are LED.

One problem. I just noticed that when the headlights are on the Yellow LED signal lights are flickering. Will put back the old bulbs tomorrow to see what happens. Other than that everything works well so far.

Were you able to figure out the flickering issue?
Old 04-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #48

Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman86 View Post
Were you able to figure out the flickering issue?

Hello Motorman86,
Finally, after doing some research I was able to find out why my signal lights are flickering/fast flashing. This common occurrence happens when the regular bulbs are replaced with LED's. The turn signals blink faster than the stock incandescent bulbs because the new LED bulbs draw such little power that the turn signal relay sees the bulbs as being out.

There are 2 solutions:

1. Replacing existing LED bulb with anti hyper flash built-in load resistor LED bulb for turn signal only.

2. Add flash load resistor adapter to existing light.

I have not done this yet but definitely will.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:45 PM   #49

State: Indiana
THOR #20105
I have a 2012 Thor Ace 29.1. Headlights are really terrible as we all know. On Ebay there is a complete housing replacement that has LED low beam and Incandesent High beam. for reasonable money, Anybody have any experience with these? Also I would like to add fog lights. Seems like there is a pigtail in the front for something? Anybody know if the Fog light wiring is there as part of the chassis? Any suggestions as to Fog light install would be welcomed... By the way, I actually really like my Thor and the customer hotline has been nothing but wonderfully helpful on most things...
Old 01-31-2021, 06:12 AM   #50

Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
I have a 2012 Thor Ace 29.1. Headlights are really terrible as we all know. On Ebay there is a complete housing replacement that has LED low beam and Incandesent High beam. for reasonable money, Anybody have any experience with these? Also I would like to add fog lights. Seems like there is a pigtail in the front for something? Anybody know if the Fog light wiring is there as part of the chassis? Any suggestions as to Fog light install would be welcomed... By the way, I actually really like my Thor and the customer hotline has been nothing but wonderfully helpful on most things...
Mark; before you purchase new assemblies, try properly aiming the headlights first. The manufacturer does not aim them at the factory, just installs the headlights and plugs them in. It made a big difference in my rig.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:46 PM   #51

THOR #20105
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
Mark; before you purchase new assemblies, try properly aiming the headlights first. The manufacturer does not aim them at the factory, just installs the headlights and plugs them in. It made a big difference in my rig.
Thanks. For sure I will do that. But the bulbs are really lame. Will look to replace them as well. And add fog lights. My interest in these replacements is that they come with LED low beam at about the price of the bulbs alone.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:04 AM   #52

Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
Be careful of the brand of LED bulbs that are in the headlights you buy. They are not all equal. There are a bunch of junk LED headlight bulbs and not too many good quality ones.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #53

THOR #18098
Question

Quote:
I’ve been going through this thread, and I see where you bought LEDs that didn’t work, then HIDs that did, but above you are now running LEDs. What happened to the HIDs? I don’t see any mention of that switch. Thanks
Old 07-27-2021, 03:50 PM   #54

THOR #10103
HID were too hot!! They started to soften the plastic housing so I went back to the LED’s…
Old 07-27-2021, 04:36 PM   #55

THOR #18098
Thanks
Old 07-28-2021, 12:55 AM   #56

THOR #18098
Quote:
HID were too hot!! They started to soften the plastic housing so I went back to the LED’s…
Jusjay, can you tell me the brand and power you bought for the low and high beams? There are so many out there, I’d like to get something that’s been tested here. Did you do anything with the top light? Thanks again
Old 01-22-2022, 02:48 PM   #57

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
Beamtech led headlight

i was able to upgrade the Halogen headlights with a pair of the Beamtech LED lights. Installation is quick and the beam color is white as advertised. I haven't operated at night yet, but will when tested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-14_21-17-32.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	35744  
Old 01-22-2022, 03:06 PM   #58

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
i was able to upgrade the Halogen headlights with a pair of the Beamtech LED lights. Installation is quick and the beam color is white as advertised. I haven't operated at night yet, but will when tested.
What year and model coach did you install these in?
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:14 PM   #59

THOR #22342
LED light temp

this is a THOR ACE 2021. I shined the light against a piece of white paper. The 6500K LED is more of a white blue color vs the Halogen yellowish. I haven't viewed at night yet. I will only do the running lights, the high beams will stay halogen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-22_13-10-44.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	35746   Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-22_13-09-55.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	35747  

Old 01-23-2022, 11:55 PM   #60

THOR #22342
Ran the lights at night a remarkable difference over the Halogen lights. There is a wide spread bright array from these LED lights. The peripheral light is now present.