Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2016, 07:24 PM   #1

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
adding direct to 2016 axis

I am thinking of adding portable direct TV to front TV only. I assume the hdmi cable goes to TV hdmi 2 on mine. Where do the male coax connector next to the amp button and light go? I would like to run cable to outside cable connector if possible. Any info or pictures would be helpful. Thanks

Old 06-13-2016, 12:09 AM   #2

THOR #3471
How many wires are behind the amp switch cover?
Old 06-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #4179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
I am thinking of adding portable direct TV to front TV only. I assume the hdmi cable goes to TV hdmi 2 on mine. Where do the male coax connector next to the amp button and light go? I would like to run cable to outside cable connector if possible. Any info or pictures would be helpful. Thanks
Hugh, Were you able to resolve your issue? I just spent half a day working on my cables in order to get my satellite working and may be able to give you some insight.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:29 PM   #4

THOR #3471
Not yet my rv is in shop getting second windshield
Old 06-26-2016, 07:36 PM   #5

THOR #3471
What is connected to the coax connector sticking through the plastic cover above sink
Old 06-26-2016, 08:51 PM   #6

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #4179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
What is connected to the coax connector sticking through the plastic cover above sink
No idea. My 24.2 does not have one above the sink. I hooked up my portable satellite yesterday and learned that the cable connector outside did have RG-6 (satellite compatible cable) installed, but that cable led to the TV amp switch plate in the cabinet over my main TV. The problem with my configuration is that the RG-6 cable from the outside connector ended at the amp switch and then the rest of all the cables feeding from the amp switch to the TVs cable connectors was regular coaxial cable. So when I tried to connect from the main TV cable connector, the satellite dish was unable to get powered by the receiver. I ended up connecting the outside RG-6 cable directly to my receiver and the satellite system now works.