Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
Posts: 502
THOR #3471
ags

I am going to add an automatic generator starter to my axis 25.2 to run ac when boondoging
Any suggestions of what kind
No invertor nothing fancy.
__________________

__________________
Hugh.vines@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:48 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,775
THOR #1150
Quote:
I am going to add an automatic generator starter to my axis 25.2 to run ac when boondoging
Any suggestions of what kind
No invertor nothing fancy.
Interesting: your intent is to use the AGS like a thermostat: If the temp in the coach goes above a certain level kick on the generator so the A/C runs until the temp drops below the setpoint, then turn off the generator.

Hmm looks like this one will do both "temp and low-voltage start": (pdf) (Note that it also has a built in inverter)
http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sit...005-ME-AGS.pdf
__________________

__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:14 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
Posts: 502
THOR #3471
Any idea of how much all this cost. Have you talked to anyone that has installed the on an $600 self install I think its a 40w
__________________
Hugh.vines@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:12 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,775
THOR #1150
Nope, sorry: I don't know anyone who has put an AGS on an Axis/Vegas unit (or anyone who installed it on other units). Most people on the forums here have the AGS that came with the coach.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:54 AM   #5
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,399
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Interesting: your intent is to use the AGS like a thermostat: If the temp in the coach goes above a certain level kick on the generator so the A/C runs until the temp drops below the setpoint, then turn off the generator.

Hmm looks like this one will do both "temp and low-voltage start": (pdf) (Note that it also has a built in inverter)
http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sit...005-ME-AGS.pdf
The way the AGS works is it starts the generator at the set temp, however, the generator runs for what ever time the AGS is set at. It does not shut the generator down once the thermostat reaches the set temperature. For example if the temp is set to 80 degrees and the runtime is set to 3 hours when the coach reaches 80 degrees the generator will start and run for 3 hours regardless of the inside temp.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,775
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov
The way the AGS works is it starts the generator at the set temp, however, the generator runs for what ever time the AGS is set at. It does not shut the generator down once the thermostat reaches the set temperature. For example if the temp is set to 80 degrees and the runtime is set to 3 hours when the coach reaches 80 degrees the generator will start and run for 3 hours regardless of the inside temp.
Yeah I noticed that in the .pdf documentation. Still a pretty neat feature.

Looks like you have to be careful where the temperature sensor is mounted though.
__________________

__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×