Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2016, 03:03 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #5120
Air conditioner not cold

I have a Thor Chateau 23u. The AC was quite cool but never got as cold as we liked. I took the internal cover off or the AC. I found the thermostat temp. Probe and slid a small piece of plastic pipe over it to insulate it a little bit. The AC now gets as cold as we want and the thermostat still work great. The thermostat must not be calibrate to get as cold as we like. A cheap and quick fix and you don't have to deal with a stealer.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim35186 View Post
I have a Thor Chateau 23u. The AC was quite cool but never got as cold as we liked. I took the internal cover off or the AC. I found the thermostat temp. Probe and slid a small piece of plastic pipe over it to insulate it a little bit. The AC now gets as cold as we want and the thermostat still work great. The thermostat must not be calibrate to get as cold as we like. A cheap and quick fix and you don't have to deal with a stealer.
I've never put much faith in numbers on a thermostat that isn't digital. In our class c I put the thermostat where it is comfortable by feel, not number. Of course, DW is usually burning up when I'm freezing so I just resort to flannel even in summer.

Tags
air cond