Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2022, 03:41 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Windsport 34J
State: Georgia
THOR #27573
Another Hot & Cold spigot outside?

I’d like another water spigot near my outdoor kitchen with a quick disconnect fitting and both hot and cold water.

We wash a lot of dishes outside and want to avoid filling the gray tank.

Anyone done something like that?

Old 08-11-2022, 03:54 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022 Windsport 34J 30263 View Post
I’d like another water spigot near my outdoor kitchen with a quick disconnect fitting and both hot and cold water.

We wash a lot of dishes outside and want to avoid filling the gray tank.

Anyone done something like that?
We use paper plates and take out a lot of trash.

We do have outside kitchen sink with hot & cold water, it has a momentary pump and it actually pumps that gray water into our black tank.

Are you saying you want to wash dishes on the lounge / awning side of the RV and the gray water goes to ground?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:50 AM   #3

Model: windsport hurricane 34f
State: Tennessee
THOR #9067
I don't think you need another spigot,your outdoor kitchen has hot and cold water just put a bowl in the sink, fill it with hot soapy water,fill another with clean water,wash and rinse,empty the bowls wherever you legally and morally can.another option is access that outdoor kitchen sink drain,it has a maceration pump,add a gated y pipe and run the new drain into a bucket
Old 08-11-2022, 11:31 AM   #4

THOR #27573
Yes, I’m saying we want to wash dishes outside and let that water drain onto the ground.

Perfectly legal in most places and helps keep our gray water tank from filling up too soon. Gray water capacity is our limiting factor on most trips.

The sink in the outside kitchen is just too small for what we want to do.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:03 PM   #5

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I wash mine on the other side using the outdoor shower.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:24 PM   #6

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022 Windsport 34J 30263 View Post
Yes, I’m saying we want to wash dishes outside and let that water drain onto the ground.

Perfectly legal in most places and helps keep our gray water tank from filling up too soon. Gray water capacity is our limiting factor on most trips.

The sink in the outside kitchen is just too small for what we want to do.
Since you don't care or deem it legal to let the gray water drain onto ground on passenger side of coach; why not simply drain the gray tank on back side to the ground as necessary to make more room in gray tank?

You state your current kitchen sink is too small, but you are only seeking another hot & cold spigot? So do you go from small sink to no sink?

Although we rarely use, I bought an adapter from Lowes that allow me to connect a standard sprayer and/or water hose to my outdoor kitchen sink. It allows me to have hot, cold, or warm water anywhere I need. I have used it to get warm water to rinse off bugs off the front & windshield of the RV while at a campsite that had rules against washing the RV at the park.

Just so you know, short our outdoor kitchen, we don't have a water spigot even on driver's side. I can't think of when we would ever have needed? When dumping there is always fresh water spigot around. The closest we get to what you are doing is to clean the grill, but we use water from the park to do that. If we were boondocking, we probably would not clean the grill. Note: I am referring to our portable propane grill, we have never used a public grill, barely even use the park tables as we have our own.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-11-2022, 04:31 PM   #7

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I wash mine on the other side using the outdoor shower.

So tell us about this outdoor shower I mean do you warn the neighbors before using
Old 08-11-2022, 04:34 PM   #8

THOR #27573
����*♂️

Most places that we camp ALLOW you to wash and rinse dishes outside, so I’m not “deeming” anything one way or the other.

If it’s not allowed we don’t do it.

It can be convenient for us to do that though. ����*♂️
Old 08-11-2022, 04:36 PM   #9

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
This looks pretty cool for $29
https://www.amazon.com/Sprayer-Attac...471066422&th=1

Now you have me thinking about one of these. Could reach to the rear of the coach to rinse off shoes etc...
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote