Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2022, 10:37 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I would be cautious in changing out seats in your RV. Check with your insurance company before you go down that road. If you have an accident and a slick lawyer finds out you modified the seats, it could nullify your policy!!! Just make sure before and not after, when it's too late!! Bob
This is excellent advice!

Old 07-07-2022, 10:45 PM   #62

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusplainwacky View Post
This is excellent advice!
Actually, without showing cases of at least 1:1,000,000
It's absolutely baseless fear-mongering.

Some choose to live in fear.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 10:50 PM   #63

THOR #3923
Well...guess what?? I went out to my coach today, and I tried like hell to get the seats to turn around. I even read one post where a person had the same problem as me and he said that he had to turn his seat counter-clock-wise. I tried that...no luck.

One person said that he managed by moving the steering wheel down, not up...didn't work for me.

I tried moving the seat forward, seat back, arm rest up, arm rest down, back tilted forward, back tilted backward, steering wheel up, down...still the seat hit the steering wheel.

Then I stood up, moved the lever to tilt the back of the seat forward, and while pressing down in a standing position...it kind of clicked and I could move the back of the seat a lot further forward....and viola...I was able to clear the steering wheel. All this time, I thought the seat only tilted so far forward. I haven't a clue what was binding, but whatever it was, it's not binding anymore. Crazy how all this time I have been sitting sideways.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:24 PM   #64

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusplainwacky View Post
Well...guess what?? I went out to my coach today, and I tried like hell to get the seats to turn around. I even read one post where a person had the same problem as me and he said that he had to turn his seat counter-clock-wise. I tried that...no luck.

One person said that he managed by moving the steering wheel down, not up...didn't work for me.

I tried moving the seat forward, seat back, arm rest up, arm rest down, back tilted forward, back tilted backward, steering wheel up, down...still the seat hit the steering wheel.

Then I stood up, moved the lever to tilt the back of the seat forward, and while pressing down in a standing position...it kind of clicked and I could move the back of the seat a lot further forward....and viola...I was able to clear the steering wheel. All this time, I thought the seat only tilted so far forward. I haven't a clue what was binding, but whatever it was, it's not binding anymore. Crazy how all this time I have been sitting sideways.
Are you able to then put the back in a position that you can actually sit in comfortably?
Old 07-07-2022, 11:36 PM   #65

THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Are you able to then put the back in a position that you can actually sit in comfortably?
It's "OK"...not great. I would like to find something that had a footrest. It's just uncomfortable to sit in that chair when it's turned around with your feet dangling.