Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Thats good to know.... .I think with my AGM 6v setup I could easliy go a couple hours more (I hope). But I have yet to really test my compacity that way (Perhaps I will have a chance this year).

4 Years on the OEM battery... that is most excellent!

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:06 AM   #122

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Not too hard. The one breaker in your fuse box on our Axis/Vegas RV's is marked recepicals (but the None GFI - you have two breakers) controls all of the outlets you want (Frig, Two inside TV's, the outlets next to the TV's for DVR players, and one dinning room (booth in mine) outlet.

Look out a you tube call "Finding our Happy" formerly know as "Two Trail Hikers". He has 3 videos on this subject.

Let us know if you need anymore help with this. You might want to start your own thread.

Also do a search on this... Lots of treads on this subject including mine.
Thank you Long & Winding road, great information and very Doable
Old 04-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #123

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Yeah its not a hard install. Just take your time. Lots of writeups on this exact install. I suggest using a circuit break instead of of fuse for the inverter. That way you can turn the inverter off and on for whatever reason down the road.

I had to add a juction box since mine has a slide in the dining room. Thor had two wires (rigid white Romex and flexable black power cord) on the same circuit. The slide needs a flexable power wire so it dont break down with use over time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4775.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	16832   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4770.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	16833  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4765.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	16834  
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:30 AM   #124

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Yeah its not a hard install. Just take your time. Lots of writeups on this exact install. I suggest using a circuit break instead of of fuse for the inverter. That way you can turn the inverter off and on for whatever reason down the road.

I had to add a juction box since mine has a slide in the dining room. Thor had two wires (rigid white Romex and flexable black power cord) on the same circuit. The slide needs a flexable power wire so it dont break down with use over time.
Long & Winding road I do appreciate all the pics, information, vote of confidence and time you have taken to explain this set up. I will be going forward with this mod in the very near future. Happy Easter!
Old 09-08-2019, 03:35 AM   #125

Model: AXIS 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #5911
Send a message via AIM to JAE Darbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I am thinking of installing a small inverter (1000-1200 watt) to be able to run a tv and charge laptops without starting the generator (and during "quiet" times)

I was going to use one with a transfer switch built in, to jumper between the breaker box and the actual runs on the "receptacle" breaker (trying to isolate the gas refrig and keep it off the inverter)

Has anyone placed an inverter using the existing house batteries?

Or, should I wait until I figure out how to beef up the battery bank?

Just trying to be as "self-sufficient" as I can be (and still have some creature comforts, like tv)
I run my frig plus a low power outlet for computers and such with an auto- cutover inverter: 1200 watts.

When my hard AC (gen/shore) drops off, my inverter auto-powers my frig, keeping it cool as we motor down the road with the chassis generator keeping the battery’s topped off.

We do not use gas, especially while moving; risk of fire in the frig compartment is zero with electric vs gas.

We also use the ARP frig monitor system to control the frig, safety and efficiency are enhanced.

Call for dry: 817.714.2665

Tags
axis, inverter, vegas