Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2020, 05:33 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #5820
Auto leveling systems/ Bigfoot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydae View Post
Do you have the Axis 24.1

We have the Vegas 24.1

Old 11-05-2020, 10:36 PM   #22

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Any feedback on whether to get the quad pump or single pump setup for an auto-leveling bigfoot system? (For a Four Winds 26b on Chevy chassis.)
Old 11-06-2020, 03:13 AM   #23

Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
4 pump vs 1 pump Bigfoot

I have had both the 4-pump and the 1- pump systems. My 31ft Winnebago had the 4, and my 24ft Thor has the single.
Both work efectively. The 4 is a little faster.
JC
Old 11-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #24

THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I have had both the 4-pump and the 1- pump systems. My 31ft Winnebago had the 4, and my 24ft Thor has the single.
Both work efectively. The 4 is a little faster.
JC
Great! Thanks. I think I'm leaning towards the 4 pump one. The price isn't that different.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:25 PM   #25

THOR #18675
4 pump system

The disadvantages of the 4 pump system are a little more under frame space required, more opportunities for leaks, and more expensive..
JC
Old 12-03-2020, 04:03 AM   #26

Model: 28z
State: Idaho
THOR #1797
Does anyone know where to have bigfoot installed in the northwest? Long way to the factory from here just to have jack put on.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #27

Brand: DRV
Model: Elite Suite 40KSSB4
State: Michigan
THOR #7004
I strongly suggest calling the factory in MI to seek this type of help. They should be able to help.
You want a capable knowable installer. Someone who has installed their product in the past
Just out of curiosity I went on Bigfoot website, locate a dealer and there are over 50 dealers in the northwest
Old 12-03-2020, 06:30 PM   #28

THOR #18675
Reply and how I installed my Bigfoots [feet?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbyid View Post
Does anyone know where to have bigfoot installed in the northwest? Long way to the factory from here just to have jack put on.
I suggest you contact Bigfoot Customer Service [not Thor] to get locations for local installation dealers they recommend. --- I didn't.

I took my camper to a truck repair center and had the unit physically installed [welding brackets, run hydraulic lines]. Then I called Bigfoot [Jim] and he guided me on the electrical hookup and dialing in the system to level. The owners manual is quite good.
I thought about drilling and bolting on the cylinders to the frame, without the brackets, but the front of the frame on my Chevy chassis is boxed. Also I took it to the shop because I didn't really have a good place to work on it besides my steeply graded driveway.
My levelers work great. One of the best investments I have made on the camper.
Jim C.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:03 PM   #29

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by 714Greg View Post
We just got our 2021 Thor Tiburon home. I tried Level Mate Pro to level our new coach, and found that it always wanted me to add too many inches to three wheels at rv parks so I must have set it up wrong in the beginning. So now I'm on a quest to find and get installed the system I wish was included from the factory. The Thor rep told me they install LCi jacks from the factory, and that Big Foot Auto Levelers are a popular choice aftermarket. Bigfoot has one designed for the 2019 Mercedes Chassis which they say requires no drilling or welding. Anyone have suggestions? Anyone have experience with Bigfoot auto leveler?

Thanks for your input or suggestions

Greg, not sure if you have fixed the problem. Maybe set up the Level Mate Pro again. This is what I did and it works great First ensure your rig is completely level . I use a round bubble level that I lay on the floor. After you are completely level, set up the Level Mate Pro again following the directions. The level mate pro makes leveling simple and accurate, even allowing for 1/4 " drop when the slides go out.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:51 PM   #30

Model: Chateau 24F
THOR #16721
I'm having the Big Foot Platinum manual system installed in a couple weeks on our Thor Chateau 24F (Ford E-350). The salesman told me the lift was only 5 to 6 inches??? I hear of people lifting wheels off the ground... but 5 or 6 inches of travel doesn't seem like much!!
Can anyone clarify this? Is this correct??
Old 05-25-2021, 07:02 PM   #31

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
Hi Chateau-Nomad

I don't have the big foot but on my system(The Equalizer), it is advertised as having a 13" stroke front and rear. You might want to check with Big Foot to confirm the height you were told.

Paul
Old 05-25-2021, 07:14 PM   #32
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree: check, double-check, and then confirm the information.
For this amount of money: you want to be sure!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:58 PM   #33

THOR #12698
From a quick search, I found out that the fronts have a 14" stroke and the rears have a 12" stroke on the Big Foot System. I would still contact the dealer to confirm it.

Paul
Old 05-25-2021, 08:41 PM   #34

State: Alabama
THOR #22687
We have an appointment next month with Bigfoot for the automatic system.

The Mrs. "I want to push one button".
Old 05-25-2021, 10:03 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
She will be very happy: Congratulations!
Old 05-26-2021, 04:30 AM   #36

THOR #16721
Thanks for the replies all! Our install is scheduled for late June at the White Pigeon HQ. My plan is to remove the factory Mor-Ride stabilizers (bar) at the rear - looks like maybe 8 bolts. Then remove the button pad inside/left of the coach door. Hopefully they can install the leveler control pad there.
I was interested in the Snap Pads, but they may cause height clearance issues. I'm thinking of skipping those and just cutting down the rubber stall mats I already have to a smaller size to use as bases.
paulwadley - I did find the cylinder length in the online install PDF. Looks like the 8k series for the Ford E-450 is 17"/17.5". I have the E-350, so I'm calling to verify tomorrow. I believe the E-350 squats slightly more. The salesman told me 5 to 6 inches... yikes!
I don't like to guess/assume when plunking down $3,000 for a purchase!
Old 05-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #37

THOR #12698
Glad you were able to find some more information on the system you are having installed.

Paul
Old 05-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #38

THOR #16721
For anyone who's interested: Just got confirmation from Quadra (Big Foot) tech support that the Platinum leveling system has enough cylinder stroke to completely lift the wheels off of the ground on a Ford E-350 cutaway chassis.

Evidently the 5 or 6 inches dimension I was told earlier was GROUND CLEARANCE when fully retracted. I'll chalk that up to a communication error on MY part!
Old 05-26-2021, 04:28 PM   #39

THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Thanks for the replies all! Our install is scheduled for late June at the White Pigeon HQ. My plan is to remove the factory Mor-Ride stabilizers (bar) at the rear - looks like maybe 8 bolts. Then remove the button pad inside/left of the coach door. Hopefully they can install the leveler control pad there.
I was interested in the Snap Pads, but they may cause height clearance issues. I'm thinking of skipping those and just cutting down the rubber stall mats I already have to a smaller size to use as bases.
They will almost certainly want to install the control pad at that location, assuming it fits. They prefer to use existing holes where possible for the wire run, and there would be holes there already.

I recommend talking to them about the Snap Pads when you're up there. They'll be able to tell you whether or not they recommend them based on the clearance for your chassis. For me, they said no problem and so far that's been true. The Snap Pads aren't very expensive (relatively speaking).

Useful stroke: This is something that's hard to say precisely until they mount them. If there's a 17" stroke on the cylinder, and your ground clearance is 6", then you have almost a foot of useful stroke. If your ground clearance is 8", then that drops to 9" of useful stroke. When they mount them, they have to work around the coach manufacturer's (or MorRyde's) modifications to the frame, such as brackets used to hold other components, so each might be at a little different mounting location which affects the clearance.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:38 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Thanks for the replies all! Our install is scheduled for late June at the White Pigeon HQ...
I was interested in the Snap Pads, but they may cause height clearance issues. I'm thinking of skipping those and just cutting down the rubber stall mats I already have to a smaller size to use as bases...
Take another look at the Snap Pads: I put them on my Equalizers, and ground clearance isn't an issue. :thumb

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1622047106
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pads 04.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	30808  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, leveler jacks