Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2020, 01:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiburon
State: Utah
THOR #20618
Auto leveling systems/ Bigfoot?

We just got our 2021 Thor Tiburon home. I tried Level Mate Pro to level our new coach, and found that it always wanted me to add too many inches to three wheels at rv parks so I must have set it up wrong in the beginning. So now I'm on a quest to find and get installed the system I wish was included from the factory. The Thor rep told me they install LCi jacks from the factory, and that Big Foot Auto Levelers are a popular choice aftermarket. Bigfoot has one designed for the 2019 Mercedes Chassis which they say requires no drilling or welding. Anyone have suggestions? Anyone have experience with Bigfoot auto leveler?

Thanks for your input or suggestions

Old 10-31-2020, 02:47 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by 714Greg View Post
We just got our 2021 Thor Tiburon home. I tried Level Mate Pro to level our new coach, and found that it always wanted me to add too many inches to three wheels at rv parks so I must have set it up wrong in the beginning. So now I'm on a quest to find and get installed the system I wish was included from the factory. The Thor rep told me they install LCi jacks from the factory, and that Big Foot Auto Levelers are a popular choice aftermarket. Bigfoot has one designed for the 2019 Mercedes Chassis which they say requires no drilling or welding. Anyone have suggestions? Anyone have experience with Bigfoot auto leveler?

We had the Bigfoot Platinum system installed on our 2016 Vegas this past December at their factory in Michigan. Took them 2 1/2 hours to install...Cost was $2800. Normal install fee is $600 but in the winter months they knock off $300..We have not had any issues it...We also added foot pads...So the system, foot pads and install was $2800 out the door....
Old 11-01-2020, 11:56 AM   #3

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Awesome. Money well spent.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Equalizer also makes a system for the Sprinter chassis.
I've got one, and it works great.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:13 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
You have a choice of 3 systems. 1. The Equalizer System, 2. The Big Foot System or 3. The HWH System. All 3 work on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis with no drilling or welding. They all work well. I have The Equalizer System on my 2018 Thor Siesta 24SS which is built on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis. I had it installed at a local family owned/operated RV repair shop. Ran about $6100 parts and labor. The HWH System is sold by Camping World and runs in the same price range. The Big Foot System ranges from around $3,000 on up depending on where you have it installed and which model you select. The Big Foot System can be installed in one day at their factory facility.

On my system, I have a blue tooth app and can control the system from my cell phone outside the motor home which is handy. I believe Big Foot also offers that option. They all work well on the motor home and I am glad I spent the money to have it installed. It makes life nicer inside when everything is level and solid. Walking around inside does not cause the coach to move around. It is an expensive add on and we thought about it before going forward since we plan on keeping this motor home for many years.

Paul
Old 11-01-2020, 02:18 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
We also had the Bigfoot Platinum system installed last year and use the Levelmate Pro to assist in leveling.
I stopped using the automatic function of the Bigfoot because it always seemed to want to lift the front tires off the ground when it really didn’t need to.
I now use the Levelmate Pro to guide which buttons to push on the Bigfoot control panel.
If the Levelmate Pro is initially setup with the RV leveled configuration, it should work properly from then on.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
What size feet are on the Big Foot systems?
Does Snap Pad have a pad that fits them?
Old 11-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #8

THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
What size feet are on the Big Foot systems?
Does Snap Pad have a pad that fits them?
The Platinum system that I have installed has 7” x 7” feet. Yes, Snap Pad does have pads that fit this system.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:03 PM   #9

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
I have the Bigfoot Platinum installed on my Axis. I love it. Works like a charm!
Old 11-01-2020, 06:26 PM   #10
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKO View Post
The Platinum system that I have installed has 7” x 7” feet. Yes, Snap Pad does have pads that fit this system.
Bingo: that would be the hot setup!
Old 11-04-2020, 10:00 PM   #11

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
Quote:
Originally Posted by 714Greg View Post

Bigfoot auto leveler works ok about 1/3 the time: when the spot is pretty level.

I can always do better manually. I have a big level with four lights I set on the floor. Easy to do.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:07 PM   #12

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKO View Post
We also had the Bigfoot Platinum system installed last year and use the Levelmate Pro to assist in leveling.
I stopped using the automatic function of the Bigfoot because it always seemed to want to lift the front tires off the ground when it really didn’t need to.
I now use the Levelmate Pro to guide which buttons to push on the Bigfoot control panel.
If the Levelmate Pro is initially setup with the RV leveled configuration, it should work properly from then on.
You set it up wrong or is defective. Mine is spot on
Old 11-04-2020, 10:16 PM   #13

Brand: DRV
Model: Elite Suite 40KSSB4
State: Michigan
THOR #7004
I had Bigfoot leveller on my Newmar Mountainaire 40 foot fifth wheel. They were flawless for 12 years.
The current owner just told me they still work flawlessly after 20 years. It was a 4 point hydraulic system. They stabilized muck better than my Lippert 6 point system on my 2018 DRV Elite Suite.

I toured New Horizons Majestic Fifthwheel plant a few years ago and they were still using the Bigfoot system

I highly recommend aftermarket Bigfoot
Old 11-04-2020, 11:30 PM   #14

Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
I had Bigfoot on a 31Ft Winnebago ClassC. When I bought our Thor Daybreak 24FT Class C w/Chevy chasis, I bought a bigfoot auto system and had it installed by a truck repair company since we are far from the factory. Both work(ed) great on either auto or manual. The Bigfoot factory tech support is 24/7. It is superior assistance whether troubleshooting or installing.

JC

Old 11-04-2020, 11:45 PM   #15

THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaktop View Post
You set it up wrong or is defective. Mine is spot on
The factory set it up.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:26 AM   #16

Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
I have the Big Foot System om My Vegas 27.7.
I use manual set up. I know exactly were I want my unit set up at. A very small amount lower on the drivers side and a very small amount lower in the front. That allows the A/C to drain off opposite of my awning and my blackwater tank drains forward and then down and around to the drivers side. It take all of one - two minutes to setup.
My unit has 10" pad, but I added the snap pads. Not sure it is worth it, but I have them.
BigFoot is GREAT!!!!
Old 11-05-2020, 03:05 PM   #17

State: Arizona
THOR #17454
We have Big Foot and really love them. Everything is automatic.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:14 PM   #18

Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
One quirk I have found with Bigfoot on both of my units is that if you level it manually, the overall coach height will be less than if you level it on automatic.
JC
Old 11-05-2020, 03:31 PM   #19

Model: Quantrum RC25
State: California
THOR #14016
Two years ago, I installed the AC-E4502 Bigfoot AC-E4502 Central Pump, Automatic Leveling System For Ford E-450 Chassis With Bolt-On Brackets on our 2019 RC25, 2018 E-450.

It was supposed to be bolt on without drilling. I did have to drill 8 holes in the chassis for the rear jacks, and replumb the grey water tank drain pipe. If you want to DIY, go to an reputable welding supply store and spend $25-30 for two drill bits, one pilot hole, one final hole, spray oil or water on the bit as you drill. This took one hour for each side. Install the jacks as high as possible.

Easy to operate automatic leveling once set up, sometimes you have to use the lego blocks under the tires to pre level. I also use the manual mode to do maintenance under the chassis and to rotate tires.

I do the outside set-up while wife pushes buttons inside to set-up. We are very pleased with our Bigfoot Leveling System.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:18 PM   #20

State: Florida
THOR #21132
Question leveling system

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
I have the Bigfoot Platinum installed on my Axis. I love it. Works like a charm!
Do you have the Axis 24.1

Tags
bigfoot, leveler jacks