Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2017, 11:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #3737
Cab Fans in Hurricane

Has anyone had any success in getting the driver and passenger fans to actually blow on the driver and passenger seats?

Old 01-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
Yes mine turn very easy to window or driver/passenger position.
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31K
THOR #3520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane8 View Post
Has anyone had any success in getting the driver and passenger fans to actually blow on the driver and passenger seats?
Mine swivel quite nicely but I do not use them for personal fans. I have vents in the dash for that. Mine I use mostly on the windshield, they defrost and defog the windshield for me.
Chuck Peck in CasaLoca
Old 01-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
Thumbs down

I have a Windsport which is the sister to Hurricane I had to move mine closer to the windshield to get them to swivel the first time I lowered bunk it tore the front covers off the fan as the are also attached to the ceiling not the bunk like the 2016/17 are only half the fan is available for air movement

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:00 AM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #3737
The only option I see is creating a pedestal to put between the fan and the original mount, thus creating length, which would allow the fan to be below the overhead bunk cabinets. Then, and only then, could the fans work for the driver and passenger. This would create the problem of lowering the overhead bunk and not ripping the fans off of the pedestal. I was just curious to see f anyone has tried this.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:09 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane8 View Post
The only option I see is creating a pedestal to put between the fan and the original mount, thus creating length, which would allow the fan to be below the overhead bunk cabinets. Then, and only then, could the fans work for the driver and passenger. This would create the problem of lowering the overhead bunk and not ripping the fans off of the pedestal. I was just curious to see f anyone has tried this.
My plan is to take a 1 1/2" PVC cap screw that in ceiling where the fan is now mounted adding a 2" piece of PVC pipe running the wire thru it and another 1 1/2" PCV cap that I can screw the fan to hence lowering it below the cabinet before installing it spray painting it a tan color to match

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:52 AM   #7

Model: Hurricane 29m
State: Louisiana
THOR #3932
Fans

Just turned mine yesterday.got up on drivers chair and looked close..it's mounted on a ball swivels so it can come down,I really thought I was going to break it ,it was so hard,but now it's ok..
Old 01-25-2017, 02:55 AM   #8
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Mine (2014 Hurricane 32A) can turn to face rearward enough to blow on driver/passenger... but...
If driving - more than once I have had to turn them on blasting the windshield to stop fogging - wouldn't want to have to reach up and turn them back to be able to do so... I use the dash vents for me and leave the fans facing forward for safety.

Now I have considered hooking up alternate power to fans (through heavy duty diode like that used in toad taillight wiring isolation) so I can run them off the house batteries when parked. Normal power requires ignition on.
Hasn't bubbled to the top of the list yet to do.

I have added similar 12v fans in the kitchen area and bedroom for air circulate when boondocking running off the house batteries.

And as mentioned - have to be sure if turning them - that they clear the overhead bunk lowering. The overhead bunk wins that battle.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote