Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-24-2015, 05:01 AM   #241

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #1494
you're welcome. Axis needed some comfort. We were miserable on that couch. Took us a year to figure it out, hope this will help someone else.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:58 AM   #242

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #1812
Question,magicbus- how do you get the couch out the door and the chairs in ?
Old 04-26-2015, 02:15 AM   #243

THOR #1494
The couch comes out in pieces. The backs of the chairs slide on and off. The chairs go inside in two pieces
Old 04-26-2015, 03:29 AM   #244

THOR #1494
The kitchen sink is another possibility for mod. The round sink is a romantic notion; an unnecessary novelty. I would prefer a practical rectangular sink with a 'plug' for doubling for a counter top.

Anyone know what's above the top drawer under the counter between the stove top and the existing sink? From what I can gather, appears there is just a space there, but I'm not sure.

If feasible, a rectangular sink with a countertop type 'plug' would be much more practical.

I wonder what others' thoughts might be.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:08 PM   #245

Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
Remove the top drawer and take a look.

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
Anyone know what's above the top drawer under the counter between the stove top and the existing sink? From what I can gather, appears there is just a space there, but I'm not sure.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #246

THOR #1494
We did, doesnt seem to be anything, just wondering if we might be missing something others might have discovered
Old 04-28-2015, 11:56 PM   #247

THOR #1503
Your best approach may be to install a top mounted single rectangular sink that you can cut into the existing counter top thus avoiding replacing the entire counter top. You shouldn't have a problem with the drain as long as the new sink is no deeper than the oval sink

I doubt if you can do a double sink without sacrificing the top drawer and a lot of counter space.

Post pictures if you do the swap.

Bruce
Old 04-29-2015, 01:30 AM   #248

Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
My air conditioner drains almost midway over the kitchen window. Anyone else have the same issue and redirected the flow?
Old 04-29-2015, 02:01 AM   #249

THOR #1494
Yes, we are considering cutting into the countertop rather than replacing; will post pics if we do. Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:02 AM   #250

THOR #1494
No a/c issues here...yet!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:45 AM   #251
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz
My air conditioner drains almost midway over the kitchen window. Anyone else have the same issue and redirected the flow?
Our A/C drains right by the door. When the awning is extended the A/C drains down the awning. Haven't attempted to redirect it yet but may have to.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #252

Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Jamie, please post your drain re-direction. We lost our awning in 60-80mph winds in Texas. Now we can see why the water puddled on the awning. We need to re-direct the flow to keep the water off our heads and to stop possible molding issues in the future.

We spent a few days in New Orleans and and now in Gulfport/Biloxi heading home.

For those interested, oyster season is in full swing.

Heading home Friday.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:03 PM   #253

THOR #1503
You do know that you can drop one corner of the awning to direct the water flow?

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
We need to re-direct the flow to keep the water off our heads and to stop possible molding issues in the future.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:25 PM   #254
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Now we can see why the water puddled on the awning. We need to re-direct the flow to keep the water off our heads and to stop possible molding issues in the future.
As Bruce mentioned you can tilt the awning. Also, a trick I have used successfully for AC condensation, rain and snow melting is to have one corner of the coach lower than the others. Having a single corner just a hair off level will direct any runoff to the lower corner without someone having that uneven feeling when walking in the coach. I usually determine which corner will be low when I pull into a campground and then after the jacks automatically level the coach I manually lower one corner.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:36 PM   #255
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov
As Bruce mentioned you can tilt the awning. Also, a trick I have used successfully for AC condensation, rain and snow melting is to have one corner of the coach lower than the others. Having a single corner just a hair off level will direct any runoff to the lower corner without someone having that uneven feeling when walking in the coach. I usually determine which corner will be low when I pull into a campground and then after the jacks automatically level the coach I manually lower one corner.
No jacks on the Vegas/Axis units; at least not installed from the factory.

I've done both: Lower a corner of the awning to get the condensation going where I want it to, and having a corner of the coach lower than the others. The awning worked ok but I'd really like to get the runoff going to the other side of the coach. The problem with that is the arc of the roof is such that I'd have to drop a wheel by quite a bit to get it over to the other side.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:03 AM   #256

State: Tennessee
THOR #1887
how do you level the Axis/Vegas

Since these don't come with level 'things' what to you do to even everything out at the campsite?
Old 05-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #257
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
I have 3 packages of LynxLevellers (the large lego blocks):
Lynx Levelers

So far I've only used them on the front wheels--every place I've been has required raising the front end. The most tilted place I use them for is our driveway.

It takes all 30 (15 under each front wheel) to bring the front up high enough for the refer to run correctly.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:52 AM   #258

THOR #1494
We carry these, too, but rarely have to use any thing (nice looking coach, lol, looks like ours, love it so much!)
Old 05-01-2015, 05:47 AM   #259

THOR #1494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggys Vegas View Post
The shower in the Vegas is pretty small, and I am not a large person but I still had trouble keeping the shower curtain closed and preventing water from splashing on the floor. My solution was to pop rivet long sections of drop ceiling angle to the edges, (see photo) and put eight evenly spaced 5\8 inch diameter ceramic magnets in the side seams of the outer curtain, held in place by injecting a drop of fabric glue. Haven't has a chance to try it yet, but it seems to hold the curtain in place.

I also replaced the lavatory faucet with a single lever faucet.
Velcro stickers every few inches along the edge of the inner curtain on the toilet side helped a lot. Little round stickum type from walmart
Old 05-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #260
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishgrl View Post
Since these don't come with level 'things' what to you do to even everything out at the campsite?
Even with the level "things" I still carry two packs of the lego blocks. There are sites where one corner is considerably lower than others and using the blocks keeps the leveling jacks from trying to raise the front or wheels off the ground. If the Axis has the scissor type stabilizer jacks, the lego blocks also serve as good jack pads for the stabilizers.

I looked at Thor's website earlier and it surprises me that leveling jacks and full body paint aren't available options on the Axis. You would think they would be available options for those willing to pay.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote