Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #521

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
VKB,
"Wide Ovals"...with the red strip? Clearwater Aqua...my uncle had one in that color.

50 year old plus vehicles, still on the road...like someone said above I wish they could build RV's to last that long (Airstream is the exception that comes to mind).

Oneil,

Got to ask; was that the hi-performance 289? Sweeeettttttttttttttt!

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #522
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
VKB,
"Wide Ovals"...with the red strip? Clearwater Aqua...my uncle had one in that color.

50 year old plus vehicles, still on the road...like someone said above I wish they could build RV's to last that long (Airstream is the exception that comes to mind).

Oneil,

Doc
Exactly..we, both, wish we still had it...we were young ... yes..such a simple v-8 under the hood...3 speed 289, couldn't afford anything more $3500 brand new !! ... what great memories !

Ron sez..those other OLD motorhomes still on the road require so much reno that it takes alot of work to put them back and keep them on the road..you know what he means....we have a friend with a circa 1950's Airstream
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #523

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
VKB,

Oneil,

Doc
No it was just a regular 289.. But I had it over 100mph going across Nevada in April 1969 when there were no speed limits and I was young and stupid.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #524

THOR #2142
Yep, top's down, windows opened, air blowing thru your hair at 100mph...young and dumb - but survived it! Now, limited speed limits and (for some of us) limited hair for the air to blow thru .

BUT, we have the open road before us and a trusty steed (ok RV) below us! So now "to boldly go..."

Doc

Old 03-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #525

THOR #1765
It's actually nice to be able to live life a little slower and have time to stop and smell the flowers. On that trip across Nevada, I was heading to Vietnam.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:51 PM   #526

THOR #2142
Oneil,

Wow, another flashback. I was drafted in Oct of 1972 (last draft call for US) and allowed to finish that semester of college then off to Basic and AIT in Ft. Leonardwood Mo.;was trained and ready for Vietnam but told not needed so stayed stateside! Drove home to NC in my 62 Chevy Nova SS (wish I still had it).

Doc

Old 03-21-2016, 09:02 PM   #527

THOR #1765
I was still over there when you got drafted. Four years in Japan and Korea and a year in Vietnam and Thailand. Not complaining... Loved the life.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #528

THOR #2142
Oneil,

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now "Thanks for your service" and that goes for all the other Veterans visiting this Forum's website.

RV safely and enjoy the view!

Doc

Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 PM   #529
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
No it was just a regular 289.. But I had it over 100mph going across Nevada in April 1969 when there were no speed limits and I was young and stupid.
Yes...we had soooo much fun in that Mustang...the crazy stuff we did when we were young !
Ron was in AF before Vietnam...joined on the buddy plan with 3 of his friends...he went to San Antonio then to Amarillo ... stationed at Kirtland Special Weapons in Albuquerque .. Hydraulics ..
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 03-22-2016, 12:21 AM   #530

THOR #2142
Kirkland AFB; my father was in the Air Guard there, got activated for the Pueblo Crisis in 1969, then to Cannon AFB Clovis NM, then an isolated tour of duty to the Philipines 70/71, then to Warner Robins in GA and finally back to Kirkland were he was NCOIC of the Base Photography Lab in the 80's and later retired out as a civilian employee.

Dad was in charge of the high speed photography for some of the Special Weapons developement: recording burst patterns with realtime damage photography plus some real neat solar array developements.

As small world as it is, a few years later my NC Air Guard Unit got activated for Desert Shield/Desert Storm and I end up at Kirkland AFB in 1991.

In Albuquerque we lived near Highland High in the NE Heigths: I graduated 1971 from Highland High "Go Hornets".

Doc

Old 03-22-2016, 01:40 AM   #531

State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Mustang,

Sorry for the trip down memory lane .

The CW SKU part numbers for the reliners are:
83875 Heritage Right Arm Reclining Sofa Beckham Tan #334503.
83876 Heritage Left Arm Reclining Sofa, Beckham Tan #334505.
83878 Heritage Center Console, Beckham Tan # 334510.

They were on sale when ordered, the parts, labor and shipping ran to $1369.30. THey are as plush and comfortable as they look. Also they can be extended out while the slide is in...recline and sleep while the co-pilot is getting time behind the wheel.

Doc
love it.... it is now on my to do list, thanks...
Old 03-22-2016, 02:17 AM   #532
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Kirkland AFB; my father was in the Air Guard there, got activated for the Pueblo Crisis in 1969, then to Cannon AFB Clovis NM, then an isolated tour of duty to the Philipines 70/71, then to Warner Robins in GA and finally back to Kirkland were he was NCOIC of the Base Photography Lab in the 80's and later retired out as a civilian employee.

Dad was in charge of the high speed photography for some of the Special Weapons developement: recording burst patterns with realtime damage photography plus some real neat solar array developements.

As small world as it is, a few years later my NC Air Guard Unit got activated for Desert Shield/Desert Storm and I end up at Kirkland AFB in 1991.

In Albuquerque we lived near Highland High in the NE Heigths: I graduated 1971 from Highland High "Go Hornets".

Doc
Born & raised in Albuquerque...Highland High Class of '62 ! GO HORNETS !!
Very small world.
Having been raised with Kirtland and Sandia at our back door made me appreciate the Air Force and the aircraft. Our home was on Girard which was under the glidepath of the North/South runway...when I was little, B36, B27, P41's, some of the early jets .. all flew over so close it felt we could reach up and touch them...as a child... Wow...this brings back many memories.!!
(I have photos of my Dad...he was born in Ft. Sumner...He was in the
Army Air Corp., before the war..have some neat photos of him.)

Then, of course, Ron worked on 135's & B52's , goony birds and anything else which came in needing their attention. He worked a couple of drops at Hickam.

I miss the mountains !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 03-22-2016, 02:32 AM   #533

THOR #2142
Lived on Manzano NE, just 3 blocks away from Ed Chevrolet (smiley bird). My paper route and yard work took my brother and I up to Girard.

Yep, I miss the tram up to the Sandia Crest as sunset...hard to beat. And do not forget the Balloon Rallies or the secret base inside the Manzano Mountain!!!!

Safe travels and hope to run into you somewhere out there.

Doc

Old 03-22-2016, 02:41 AM   #534
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Lived on Manzano NE, just 3 blocks away from Ed Chevrolet (smiley bird). My paper route and yard work took my brother and I up to Girard.

Yep, I miss the tram up to the Sandia Crest as sunset...hard to beat. And do not forget the Balloon Rallies or the secret base inside the Manzano Mountain!!!!

Safe travels and hope to run into you somewhere out there.

Doc
Agree on all you mention and then some. Balloon Fiesta is so awesome..have attended several times over the years. Oh..the Manzano Mtns...riddled with secret tunnels...there was a campground out there...went to a Shop picnic there .

You all have fun and safe travels as well. Hope to see you both sometime
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 03-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #535

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3802
sink cover and/or footwell cover ??

Has anyone made a cover for the sink and/or footwell?? I am very surprised that the Axis does not come with these
Old 03-22-2016, 12:51 PM   #536

THOR #2142
Loki,

Go to the Search option on the top of this page, type in sink cover on this forum, there are several options listed there for both the sink and footwell covers.

Doc

Old 04-02-2016, 10:38 PM   #537

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by srolfe View Post
I know some of you with the 24.1 have built trays for the center cushion in the rear bed. I bought a tray from Amazon for 15.00, removed the legs, attached a 1x2 strip on each side and added some masonite legs the thickness of the cushion. Works great and looks pretty good.
Here are pictures of the tray I built
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tray1.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1695   Click image for larger version

Name:	tray2.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1696  

Old 04-02-2016, 10:56 PM   #538
vkb

THOR #3510
Looks good ! We are using our beds as twins, without the center cushion..thinking of putting some sort of tray on the divider to retain items sitting there.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 04-03-2016, 12:12 AM   #539

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
We also use the twins without the center cushion. We put a pillow there. Our Bichon mix loves to sleep between us, and she loves her very own pillow between the beds.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:14 AM   #540
vkb

THOR #3510
YES! they lay, pretty much, where ever they want ! huh !
and we wouldn't have it any other way !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ