Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #721

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #4305
That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks. It looks like the width of the 3 sections is about 80". I'm away from our 2016 25.2 for a few months. Has anyone on the Forum installed these in a 25.2?

Old 08-02-2016, 07:28 PM   #722

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formia1 View Post
That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks. It looks like the width of the 3 sections is about 80". I'm away from our 2016 25.2 for a few months. Has anyone on the Forum installed these in a 25.2?
You can not install this on a 25.2. Your water tank and pump are under the couch.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:15 AM   #723

Model: 25.2
State: Alaska
THOR #4999
Cool Table looks great... Re - Courtesy Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
I finished this table before Christmas, but just had a chance to take it to the bus. I think it looks pretty good.

It's natural cherry with an oil finish. It's about 1/2 the weight of the original MDF and Formica table.

Also, I've verified a work-around for the dead chassis battery issue several of us have run into. I believe that the radio and a mal-functioning auto shutoff for the little courtesy light are the culprits. If you look at the picture above you'll see the courtesy light. It should have shut off by the time I took that photo.

To stop the battery drain look up under the center console; you'll see these two bundles of wires.

Simply disconnect both. Our Axis has been in storage since Thanksgiving when I disconnected mine. I went down last weekend (2/14) to check on things and it started right up. I'll have to get a clamp-on ammeter and figure out exactly which of the wires are carrying current and then insert an appropriate switch.

Regards,

Randy
My wife and I just purchased a 2016 Vegas 25.2. While we were sitting in the coach talking with the sales guy, I noticed that the little courtesy light you point out was still on. The final outcome was that the interior lights were sit on high. They will stay on until you turn it off from the highest setting locked on with the rheostat... Might be something for others to take a look at if they are killing their batteries.

The wood work you have accomplished with your table and arm rests is great.

Tim
Old 08-05-2016, 10:16 PM   #724

State: Connecticut
THOR #4237
The Maynards, I like the table, it's what I want, but haven't worked on. What is the size?
I blew the fuse for the power outlet below the radio, but can't find it. I've been in all 3 fuse panels. Help.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:20 PM   #725

Model: 2017 Axis 25.2 E-450
State: Texas
THOR #4181
The courtesy light on the 25.2 is related to the position of the dash lights. Turn the dashboard light adjust control on the left to turn off the courtesy light. We had the same conundrum in our unit till we played with the dashboard light control.
TerryJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:24 AM   #726

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by lit3hous View Post
The Maynards, I like the table, it's what I want, but haven't worked on. What is the size?
I blew the fuse for the power outlet below the radio, but can't find it. I've been in all 3 fuse panels. Help.
If your referring to the 12v power point socket, the fuse is in the fuse panel under the hood on the drivers side in location #70. 30amp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160803_191059.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	2643  
Old 08-07-2016, 12:57 AM   #727

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
I added this screen door pull bar today. Think it will be a nice addition making it easier to close the door and hanging onto it while opening to keep it from slamming against the side if wind catches it or whatever. It seems to strengthen the screen door also. Pretty easy to install and only took about 45 minutes. Ordered it from Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	2648  
Old 08-07-2016, 03:38 AM   #728
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I added this screen door pull bar today. Think it will be a nice addition making it easier to close the door and hanging onto it while opening to keep it from slamming against the side if wind catches it or whatever. It seems to strengthen the screen door also. Pretty easy to install and only took about 45 minutes. Ordered it from Amazon.
Good idea !! I found it easily on Amazon..
presuming it is the Camco Screen Door Crossbar ...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012GTVVA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

thanks for sharing !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:47 PM   #729

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #1123
Yes, that's the one I got.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #730

State: Connecticut
THOR #4237
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
If your referring to the 12v power point socket, the fuse is in the fuse panel under the hood on the drivers side in location #70. 30amp.
Penguin, Thanks fot the info, that was the 1 I was looking for. The book said it was #72. I'll have to chsnge my book.
Thanks
Frank
Old 08-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #731
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Pull Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Thanks for the info I have one on the way. I can't tell you how many times the door slammed open.
Kev
Old 08-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #732

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
THOR #2142
Larry,

We put the same bar in last year and you are right, it seems to strengthen the screendoor. Really helps with opening and closing the screen door.

I added another very low tech assist...two wraps of yellow electrical tape on the inside for actual door opening release for the solid door and three wraps of yellow electiral tape on the door closing handle. Makes so much easier for guest to open the door, I tell them use the yellow marked handle (helps me in the middle of night taking the older lababor out for a midnight potty break)!

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #733
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Larry,

We put the same bar in last year and you are right, it seems to strengthen the screendoor. Really helps with opening and closing the screen door.

I added another very low tech assist...two wraps of yellow electrical tape on the inside for actual door opening release for the solid door and three wraps of yellow electiral tape on the door closing handle. Makes so much easier for guest to open the door, I tell them use the yellow marked handle (helps me in the middle of night taking the older lababor out for a midnight potty break)!

Doc
The yellow tape is an excellent idea Doc .. guests do have difficulty pulling the correct handle ! We have Lime Green Duct Tape which should work !

As of today, KC's Big Box is at Midway Ford in K.C. for transmission adjustment/repair.
Which length did you get for that door handle? I think I will go ahead and order it so it is here when we get it back in the driveway.

Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 08-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #734

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
THOR #2142
Kay,

We got ours at CW, had a coupon too!

Screen door Cross Bar, item# 35872, cost: $9.47. That was on 16Aug15.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:21 PM   #735
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by docmike View Post
kay,

we got ours at cw, had a coupon too!

Screen door cross bar, item# 35872, cost: $9.47. That was on 16aug15.

Doc
thankyou !!
I looked at it on CW site...watched the video...they show a person opening and closing the screen door using it...closing..I get it ... opening..a person must use the original door handle to release the latch? correct ? no nifty latch release...

Ordered it on Amazon .. with tax $12.87 with Prime...would have spent more in gas driving to east side of K.C. !

I appreciate the info !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 08-07-2016, 09:54 PM   #736
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I picked one up today and installed it. You set the size: The two ends slide on the middle bar. It includes a template you use to size the door then use it to drill two holes in the bar to set its size.

Its about a 5 minute job to install it.

(We have a Camping World about 5 miles away...my poor credit card )
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:09 AM   #737
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I picked one up today and installed it. You set the size: The two ends slide on the middle bar. It includes a template you use to size the door then use it to drill two holes in the bar to set its size.

Its about a 5 minute job to install it.

(We have a Camping World about 5 miles away...my poor credit card )
Thanks Jamie ! Good thing our CW is over an hour away...it is too close anyway !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 08-08-2016, 10:58 PM   #738

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #3732
what time is it

The simplest mod we've done so far is also one of the most frequently used. Hopefully the attached picture works.

This is on a 2015 Thor Vegas 24.1

Andy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tmp_4845-IMG_20160808_143139-474681440.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	2660  
Old 08-08-2016, 11:07 PM   #739

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #3732
led reading lights

For the most part, we've been copying lots of great ideas from this thread. One that I don't think I've read about:

One thing that was really bugging me was the reading light installed over the beds. It shines straight in your face, and it's really hot. We purchased a couple of led lights that can point at the walls from Amazon. They provide about the same amount of light, are warm white, so they look about the same, they are directional so you can point then away, and they don't get anywhere near as hot, which will hopefully help when we get the chance to boondock..

Andy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tmp_4845-IMG_20160808_143220-877123490.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	2661  
Old 08-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #740
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by saerdna View Post
The simplest mod we've done so far is also one of the most frequently used. Hopefully the attached picture works.

This is on a 2015 Thor Vegas 24.1

Andy
sure beats setting the clock on the microwave each time you stop for the night
Jeep Wrangler TJ