RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-10-2016, 01:28 PM   #761
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,133
THOR #3510
https://www.ltdcommodities.com/Toys-...?bookId=4131&c
Click image for larger version

Name:	charging station.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	2689

I get LTD Commodities email newsletter...this might be an option for someone looking for an additional charging station.
__________________

__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #762
Senior Member
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
Posts: 837
THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Larry ... thanks for the heads up on this door handle. Ours arrived today, Ron had it on immediately.

Now to use Doc's suggestion of putting colorful tape on the door/latch handles for easy identification.
Glad that you like how it worked out. This is what the forum is all about...sharing useful info.
__________________

__________________
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #763
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
Posts: 303
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
That is a great idea simply to keep the unit from shaking when people are walking around. Especially on the 25.2 with the bed hanging out the back (probably why you put them on).

Did you also put some towards the front?
Hey Jamie, yes you are right I installed them to just stabilize the rear of the coach. I put them down before I extend the rear slide to help with the added weight of the extended slide. I decided to mount them permanently to save space and to not fumble around trying to get them lined up every time I pull in to a camping spot. I just put them in the rear for now. Will have to see if just having 2 is sufficient.
__________________
penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:53 AM   #764
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,239
THOR #1150
Well I liked penguin's idea of the scissor jacks so much I picked up a set for myself. Unfortunately, though, I can't mount them where he has his mounted: My sewer hose storage thingy is there (as illustrated in the 2nd post in this very thread LOL).

Crawling around underneath the Axis today I think I'm going to try to get them mounted on the frame rails about a foot in front of the rear axle and maybe each on an angle (instead of each pointing straight out). I figure having them on an angle from each other will increase the stability.

I don't have the required skills to fabricate something for them to mount to so I'll have to get that done (We store it on the out-lot of an auto-restoration company that discovered they can make a lot of $$ by working on all the campers stored there--I'm going to start with them to see if they will do the work).

I like the idea of dropping the jacks down to give the RV some stability so it doesn't bounce around so much when people are walking around (or tossing & turning during the night). In addition, its far less expensive than a set of hydraulic levelers.

Probably won't have an update on this for a while though as I figure out how to get them installed.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2021 Mach-E
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:55 AM   #765
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
Posts: 303
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Well I liked penguin's idea of the scissor jacks so much I picked up a set for myself. Unfortunately, though, I can't mount them where he has his mounted: My sewer hose storage thingy is there (as illustrated in the 2nd post in this very thread LOL).

Crawling around underneath the Axis today I think I'm going to try to get them mounted on the frame rails about a foot in front of the rear axle and maybe each on an angle (instead of each pointing straight out). I figure having them on an angle from each other will increase the stability.

I don't have the required skills to fabricate something for them to mount to so I'll have to get that done (We store it on the out-lot of an auto-restoration company that discovered they can make a lot of $$ by working on all the campers stored there--I'm going to start with them to see if they will do the work).

I like the idea of dropping the jacks down to give the RV some stability so it doesn't bounce around so much when people are walking around (or tossing & turning during the night). In addition, its far less expensive than a set of hydraulic levelers.

Probably won't have an update on this for a while though as I figure out how to get them installed.
Hey Jamie. The scissor jacks I bought have a 7 1/4" mounting width. I went to my local steel supplier and asked for them to cut me 2-7 1/4" square plates to mount the jacks to. I drilled and tapped 2 holes to mount the plates to the frame and 2 holes to mount the jacks to the plate. That way you can mount the plates and jacks where ever you please. I can take more pictures if you need them. Hope this helps.
__________________
penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #766
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,239
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin
Hey Jamie. The scissor jacks I bought have a 7 1/4" mounting width. I went to my local steel supplier and asked for them to cut me 2-7 1/4" square plates to mount the jacks to. I drilled and tapped 2 holes to mount the plates to the frame and 2 holes to mount the jacks to the plate. That way you can mount the plates and jacks where ever you please. I can take more pictures if you need them. Hope this helps.
I had noticed that in your pictures: The extra plate. I would probably be able to handle that install but where I want to put them they will have to be about 2" to 3" lower than the frame so that you can use the crank handle below the skirting and one side will also have to clear the exhaust pipe.

Where I want to put them it may make sense to actually make a new cross member and mount them to that... which is a bit more work
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2021 Mach-E
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #767
Senior Member
 
DocMike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 1,661
THOR #2142
Jamie,

I watched a family setup thier pull behind camper. As dad was busy with the elecric, water and sewer hookups the older daughter had a rechargable drill with a long extension on it that fit the scissor jack (instead of a crank handle). She used the drill to run the jack down untill it just touched a pad she had placed on the ground. Dad came around with a small (2 foot or less) level that had magnets on it to attach to the frame then he did the final leveling adjustments.

Not sure if everyone does it that way, but it looked nice and easy.

Doc
__________________
Sheree & Michael NCNG LTC(ret) with Munpi and Sheba (cat).
2016 Vegas 24.1 E350 5 speed "Ms. Enterprise", Bug-Guard Screen, Recliners, Infotainment Center, HUD, ARC Shower Rod, Safe-T-Plus, Curt SpareTire Mount,Tornado Black Tank Rinser, ext. WiFi Antenna, Roadmaster Tow Sys& Invisibrake.

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #768
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,239
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
I watched a family setup thier pull behind camper. As dad was busy with the elecric, water and sewer hookups the older daughter had a rechargable drill with a long extension on it that fit the scissor jack (instead of a crank handle). She used the drill to run the jack down untill it just touched a pad she had placed on the ground. Dad came around with a small (2 foot or less) level that had magnets on it to attach to the frame then he did the final leveling adjustments.

Not sure if everyone does it that way, but it looked nice and easy.
Yup: Used to keep a cordless drill in the 5er with a socket exactly for that reason. Plan on doing the same with these--still have the socket My Dewalt drill had enough torque that I didn't even have to snug them up..
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2021 Mach-E
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #769
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
Posts: 303
THOR #4443
actetty compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Jamie,

I watched a family setup thier pull behind camper. As dad was busy with the elecric, water and sewer hookups the older daughter had a rechargable drill with a long extension on it that fit the scissor jack (instead of a crank handle). She used the drill to run the jack down untill it just touched a pad she had placed on the ground. Dad came around with a small (2 foot or less) level that had magnets on it to attach to the frame then he did the final leveling adjustments.

Not sure if everyone does it that way, but it looked nice and easy.

Doc
That's the way I do it. The cordless drill is pretty compact for this operation. When I get the jacks to contact the ground I just take a ratchet with a 3/4 in socket and give them 1 more revolution.
__________________
penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #770
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 108
THOR #3027
Piano Bench and Lazy Susan

Nothing complicated but a portable piano Bench is working great as a combination foot stool, inside/outside table and extra seat in Axis 24.1. It folds for convenient storage. Also I found a perfect Lazy Susan that doubles as a cutting board very the sink or a laptop stand on too of the stove.
__________________
leshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #771
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,133
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunter View Post
Nothing complicated but a portable piano Bench is working great as a combination foot stool, inside/outside table and extra seat in Axis 24.1. It folds for convenient storage. Also I found a perfect Lazy Susan that doubles as a cutting board very the sink or a laptop stand on too of the stove.

interesting thanks for sharing
__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #772
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 108
THOR #3027
Would add pictures but can't seem to post them.
__________________
leshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:06 AM   #773
val
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Ohio
Posts: 11
THOR #5131
Thor Axis mods

Coffe machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1914.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	2732   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1912.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	2733  

__________________
val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:24 AM   #774
val
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Ohio
Posts: 11
THOR #5131
Thor Axis mods

Motorcycle carrier
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1926.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	2737   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1927.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	2739  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2431.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	2740  
__________________
val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #775
Senior Member
 
JollyRodgers's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 127
THOR #3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJames View Post
Axis 25.2 Turning Driver's Seat
Hi Penguin,
Attached instruction you requested on turning the seat in the Axis 25.2
Hope you can see and hear the attached video through a public link to my OneDrive.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmmCA9ceR2_4hMVHKuFo176w2IQStQ
Please let me know if this works for you. I was unable to load up a video directly to the Thor Forum Site.
Best Regards,
James
You my friend are a genius! :-) Thanks so much for sharing!
__________________
JollyRodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:39 PM   #776
Senior Member
 
JollyRodgers's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 127
THOR #3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by val View Post
Coffe machine.
Love this idea! Will have to 'borrow' your idea - thx!
__________________
JollyRodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #777
Senior Member
 
JollyRodgers's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 127
THOR #3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJames View Post
The courtesy light on the 25.2 is related to the position of the dash lights. Turn the dashboard light adjust control on the left to turn off the courtesy light. We had the same conundrum in our unit till we played with the dashboard light control.
We continued to have the problem with the light draining our battery - only minor draw but enough to drain us in a month. We decided to install a switch under the console so we can turn it on/off as we want.
__________________
JollyRodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #778
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,133
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRodgers View Post
You my friend are a genius! :-) Thanks so much for sharing!
IN THE 24.1 .. Ron extends the slide before turning the Drivers Chair around..and turns the chair before placing the table between the chairs.
Other than that, basically the same proceedure .

Nice video sharing !!
__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:00 PM   #779
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
Posts: 54
THOR #3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by val View Post
Motorcycle carrier
I love this. Now that we've been touring around for a while, we would like to have a small motorcycle for quick outings in addition to bikes mounted via Draftmaster on the hitch. The trick has been figuring out how to do both (I know - too many toys). Did you make this? From the picture, I can't see exactly how it's mounted. I presume you use a ramp to load the motorcycle, and it is mounted there as well?

Thanks,
Andy
__________________
saerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:23 PM   #780
val
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Ohio
Posts: 11
THOR #5131
Thor Axis mods

I did use two motorcycle carriers. I did make one out two.
Folding Motorcycle Carrier AMC-400-F | DiscountRamps.com
And two receivers.
OKoffroad.com Recovery - 2" Receiver Hitch
4 U bolts.
You can pull car 4 wheel on ground not trailer/boat/car dolly!!!!!!
Keep in mind hitch have 800 limit.
So metal 200 motorcycle 400 still OK.
Best regards.
__________________

__________________
val is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×