Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #921

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Another Shower Mod

I installed an Oxygenics shower head in our Vegas 24.1 and found it to be a great improvement over the one that came with the coach.
Problem was that it's shape and wall mount made the head protruded further into the already cramped shower.
So my remedy was to take the original shower head holder and mount it on the side of the medicine cabinet .
It made a big difference and allows me more room to "maneuver" while showering. Best part is it was a free mod because I used old parts.
There is a strip of stainless steel on the side of the medicine cabinet where I mounted the shower head holder . I did run an additional bead of silicone where that strip meets the front face of the medicine cabinet.

Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3841.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	3773   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3842.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	3774  

Name:	IMG_3843.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	3775  

Old 01-25-2017, 05:59 PM   #922

THOR #5374
Another Mod For Our Vegas

Or trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago convinced me that it would be nice to have covers on our 3 roof vents.
The ability to have the vents open while traveling down the road or while parked in the rain seemed like a good idea.
I had the vent covers ordered a couple of days before we left Disney World and they were at the door step when we got home. I love Amazon !

Of the 3 vents the bathroom vent was a straight forward install for the covers , the forward and rear fan covers were not.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3854.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	3783   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3855.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	3784  

Old 01-25-2017, 11:32 PM   #923
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Ron installed the Maxxair vent covers on our Axis towards the end of our camping season...know we are going to enjoy them !
Please, let us know which vent cover those of you used for the bathroom vent on the Axis. Thank YOU !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:35 PM   #924

THOR #5374
All three are "Fan-Tastic Vents"
Old 01-26-2017, 02:37 AM   #925

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
Or trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago convinced me that it would be nice to have covers on our 3 roof vents.
The ability to have the vents open while traveling down the road or while parked in the rain seemed like a good idea.
I had the vent covers ordered a couple of days before we left Disney World and they were at the door step when we got home. I love Amazon !

Of the 3 vents the bathroom vent was a straight forward install for the covers , the forward and rear fan covers were not.
You will enjoy having those vent covers once installed. I put Camco covers on mine about a year ago and really like them.

How was Disney World? Much traffic in the area now during the off season? Parks very crowded? I'm guessing you stayed at Fort Wilderness? We're headed there in about 3 weeks for almost a week.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:19 AM   #926

THOR #5374
Larry, We were at WDW over MLK weekend so it was pretty busy but not too bad . Later in the week it emptied out , we are old hands at this and had everything fast passed in advance so we saw what we really wanted to.
We are Disney Vacation Club members and had this vacation planned prior to buying our Vegas. We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas which is our home base with DVC.
I figured they would be less than happy when we pulled into the lot with an RV but they were most welcoming and gave me a great place to park it for our 5 night stay right in the hotel lot.
We used the Vegas for the trip down and it worked well for the wife , myself , daughter and two grandsons. We left from North Carolina and drove to Brunswick Georgia where we spent the night in a great RV park then drove the 3.5 hours to Disney the following day.
The trip was made much easier in the Vegas . Grandsons were able to watch DVD's while strapped onto the couch , the ladies had access to the bathroom and I had a steady supply of food and coffee as I drove.
A couple of hours from the RV park in Georgia my wife put a lasagna in the convection oven . It was ready when we arrived and smelled great cooking as we traveled.
I am looking forward to staying at Fort Wilderness in the near future , in fact I would leave for there tomorrow if I could talk my wife into it !
Our experience has been that Feb is a quiet month there , you should have a great time with smaller crowds.

Pete
Old 01-26-2017, 03:39 AM   #927

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #1123
Thanks for the good info Pete and glad you had a good and safe trip. Nice of Disney to be accommodating to your needs. One never knows what to expect do they? It's been quite a few years since we've stayed at Fort Wilderness and are anxiously looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

Larry
Old 01-28-2017, 06:09 PM   #928

State: Washington
THOR #2123
Sofa & Captain Chair Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
What mods have you done or are thinking of doing on your Axis/Vegas?
In preparation of our annual get away from the cold & wet weather of the Pacific Northwest my lovely bride stated she hoped I had a great trip, as she refused to sit on the couch/sleeper sofa that came with our Vegas 24.1 for one more turn of the wheel.

So, after debating whether I wanted to risk having her file divorce papers during my absence, I thought replacing it would be cheaper in the long run! So a visit to Dave & LJ's in Woodland, WA proved they are THE PLACE for comfortable replacements.

When I took the motorhome in to have the install done I thought "What the hell! Why not replace the uncomfortable captains chairs at the same time?" Thought it would be an early Valentines Day present for said bride.

1 1/2 hours and $5,000.51 later we now have the most comfortable Vegas on the road. BAR NONE! Upon my return home said bride stated "Good job. Now we need to do something with the mattresses!" Welcome to my world . . . . .
Old 01-28-2017, 06:25 PM   #929

THOR #5374
Pictures ??
Old 01-28-2017, 06:27 PM   #930

State: Michigan
THOR #1812
Yep-without pictures it didn't happen....
Old 01-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #931
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Looks like a cool RV shop: Dave & LJs.

Too much of a trek for us though.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:32 PM   #932

State: Washington
THOR #2123
Quote:
Pictures ??
I am away from home for several days. When I return I will post pictures.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:14 PM   #933

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine By Choice View Post
I am away from home for several days. When I return I will post pictures.
I have been thinking about making these same mods so thank for telling us how much it costs and I am looking forward to the pics!
Old 02-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #934

Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Quote:

Nice work on the three vent covers.

Very envious about your RV garage
Old 02-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #935

THOR #5374
Thank you ,the garage keeps the rv young.
When we moved to North Carolina from Connecticut 4 years ago one of the differences I noticed was how strong the sun is here.
With that in mind we budgeted enough money to house our rv when we bought it.
My neighbor is a builder and he was able to sneak the structure in next to my shop at a very reasonable price.
As he says you pay for a garage down here one way or another.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3857.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	3877  
Old 02-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #936

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
THOR #2142
Petew,

I like the Vegas's Storage Room. I have been planning on building one for ours, would you mind sharing the demensions?

Thanks.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:20 PM   #937

THOR #5374
Doc,
It is a pole built structure that measures 16' wide x 32' deep. The overhead door is 12' high and insulated .
The walls are 2" x 6" and the ceiling is truss construction. It is fully insulated and the walls / ceiling are covered with OSB.
There is a 2 piece LG heat and air unit and a 50 amp service in there as well.
The heat and air unit was a freebie that I got from a construction project at my mother in laws house, long story but it was free and it works.
I believe the interior height is 14 or 16' , enough so I can comfortably work on the roof.
No need to winterize the rv and I can keep it protected from the elements .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3515(1).jpg
Views:	165
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	3886   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3490.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	3887  

Name:	IMG_3471(1).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	3888  
Old 02-05-2017, 05:51 PM   #938

Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Quote:
Doc,
It is a pole built structure that measures 16' wide x 32' deep. The overhead door is 12' high and insulated .
The walls are 2" x 6" and the ceiling is truss construction. It is fully insulated and the walls / ceiling are covered with OSB.
There is a 2 piece LG heat and air unit and a 50 amp service in there as well.
The heat and air unit was a freebie that I got from a construction project at my mother in laws house, long story but it was free and it works.
I believe the interior height is 14 or 16' , enough so I can comfortably work on the roof.
No need to winterize the rv and I can keep it protected from the elements .

Okay...now I'm getting depressed

That is some sweet RV garage!

I have a Rhino Shelter to store my Axis. I have lights and a 30 amp line. However, if I had to do it over again I would definitely choose stick shed.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #939

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
THOR #2142
Petew,

Thanks. That is one nice looking job.
And you are right about the weather here in NC, when you have the sun you have lots of sun and when it's cold it is usually cold and wet. These past couple of weeks...back and forth and back and forth between freezing cold days and 72 degree days (at least here in Lincolnton...near Gastonia).

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #940

State: Texas
THOR #6421
Sewer line storage

I like the idea of storing the sewer line outside. Has anyone tried mounting a sewer line carrier, like Valterra's product, on the bumper?