Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2019, 09:44 PM   #1661

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
Nice job Timmy. And you though you were in over your head.
And, I was! Admittedly, I'm only 5'6"!!! Thanks.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:06 AM   #1662

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Wow, great info. I have the same inverter hooked up the same way already. I like my OEM Gas/electic fridge Ok but I get tired of constantly having to adjust the temp so I dont freeze stuff in the frig part.

I start out on #5 to cool it down and after like 8 hours the frig is like 8 in Freezer / 37 deg in Frig part. Then I load it up and turn down to 4 during the daytime (in summer) then like 3 in around late dinner time then #2 before I go to bed. The start all over the next day.

I installed wireless digital thermometers in the fig and freeze so every time I walk by I check and hold it around 37 to 42 deg (without opening the doors). So that helped a lot.

But the residential frig is SET IT and FORGET IT. I like that Ideal
I will measure the dimensions of the opening for the fridge tomorrow. You may be able to fit it in your. I'll also post a pic of the inside. It's almost 50% more capacity than the RV fridge. That's a lot of beer and cold cuts...oh, and salad.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:23 AM   #1663

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #4305
I have a complete set (windshield and side windows) That were used about 4 times on a 2018 Vegas 25.6. I no longer have this coach. I'm asking $650. I also have all the magnets.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:45 AM   #1664

THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Wow, great info. I have the same inverter hooked up the same way already. I like my OEM Gas/electic fridge Ok but I get tired of constantly having to adjust the temp so I dont freeze stuff in the frig part.

I start out on #5 to cool it down and after like 8 hours the frig is like 8 in Freezer / 37 deg in Frig part. Then I load it up and turn down to 4 during the daytime (in summer) then like 3 in around late dinner time then #2 before I go to bed. The start all over the next day.

I installed wireless digital thermometers in the fig and freeze so every time I walk by I check and hold it around 37 to 42 deg (without opening the doors). So that helped a lot.

But the residential frig is SET IT and FORGET IT. I like that Ideal
Here are the measurements of the opening for my fridge once I removed the cabinet overhead:
60"H x 23 3/4"W
Old 08-16-2019, 03:09 AM   #1665

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Ok, great. Thanks.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:35 AM   #1666

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Closet shelving

I had some time to finish up my closet shelving mod. I used the Closet Maid 16" wire shelving from the Depot. I bought 3 pieces x 6ft. The top shelf is supported in the front by small shelf angle bracket and by coax cable supports in the back. Zip ties hold it to the front brackets. The cubby unit was cut to fit below the top. The sides fit up tight to the top shelf and are notched in front for the top shelf's lip and for the existing closet pole. Two shelves were cut from leftover side piece. The side were cut with the heavier 1/4" rods cut flush. The shelves were cut in between the small wire so the 1/4" rods are ~1/2" long and rest on the small wires (horizontal) on the side pieces. Zip ties were used to hold it all together. I used a reciprocating saw for all cuts.

Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #1667

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
I had some time to finish up my closet shelving mod. I used the Closet Maid 16" wire shelving from the Depot. I bought 3 pieces x 6ft. The top shelf is supported in the front by small shelf angle bracket and by coax cable supports in the back. Zip ties hold it to the front brackets. The cubby unit was cut to fit below the top. The sides fit up tight to the top shelf and are notched in front for the top shelf's lip and for the existing closet pole. Two shelves were cut from leftover side piece. The side were cut with the heavier 1/4" rods cut flush. The shelves were cut in between the small wire so the 1/4" rods are ~1/2" long and rest on the small wires (horizontal) on the side pieces. Zip ties were used to hold it all together. I used a reciprocating saw for all cuts.

Thats awesome. I like the idea of having a shelve at the very top from end to end. Great place to put shoes or other stuff you dont need every day or week.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 08-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #1668

THOR #12686
I like it!
Old 08-19-2019, 12:27 AM   #1669

THOR #6582
another "shuuda done this sooner"

This little mod is a quality of life biggie. The Axis/Vegas 25.4 has to mirrored closet doors in the bedroom. The "handles" are a pair of finger pulls halfway up and are back-to-back. They are a pinch pull and difficult to open. Further more the edges are sharp from the cutting and are not smoothed...too much cost, I guess. Twice I've torn a cut on my forearm reaching across the closed left door to get something. Geezer skin, y'know. After that I had filed them smooth, cutting thru the black coating and looking crappy. I stumbled across these and installed them with 3M VHB Exterior double stick tape, after I eased the edges as, alas, they too had sharp edges. I'm embarrassed though, I don't recall where I ordered them from. I just checked Amazon but no luck, sorry.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:51 AM   #1670

THOR #12686
Quote:
This little mod is a quality of life biggie. The Axis/Vegas 25.4 has to mirrored closet doors in the bedroom. The "handles" are a pair of finger pulls halfway up and are back-to-back. They are a pinch pull and difficult to open. Further more the edges are sharp from the cutting and are not smoothed...too much cost, I guess. Twice I've torn a cut on my forearm reaching across the closed left door to get something. Geezer skin, y'know. After that I had filed them smooth, cutting thru the black coating and looking crappy. I stumbled across these and installed them with 3M VHB Exterior double stick tape, after I eased the edges as, alas, they too had sharp edges. I'm embarrassed though, I don't recall where I ordered them from. I just checked Amazon but no luck, sorry.

Gnach,
You were so close to making my day with those cabinet door pulls. DW was off the couch with excitement..."where did he get those"!!! But, hey, I understand. I don't remember what I had for dinner tonight. I think it was something on the Blackstone...or maybe that was last night. Anyway, love those pulls. If you wake up during the night remembering where you got them, please jump out of bed and post it. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:45 AM   #1671

THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
Gnach,
You were so close to making my day with those cabinet door pulls. DW was off the couch with excitement..."where did he get those"!!! But, hey, I understand. I don't remember what I had for dinner tonight...snip

Dinner? I do remember a beer.

HAH! I found it! And it was on Amazon, but eluded my search. https://www.amazon.com/Sydien-Cabine...V8F8SZWENJ67PN

The ring separates at the hinge. I used a jeweler's file to clean up the cast pin and the edges. The 3M Exterior mount tape is heavy duty and it's strength maxes in several hours so I let it sit overnight before testing but it seems pretty good. If you have access to a body shop, auto molding tape is the gold standard. Also, I'm not throwing away the old ones.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #1672

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #12894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formia1 View Post
I have a complete set (windshield and side windows) That were used about 4 times on a 2018 Vegas 25.6. I no longer have this coach. I'm asking $650. I also have all the magnets.
I'm assuming these are the Magna Shades? Do you still have them for sale? What color & do you happen to have any pictures of them when installed on the previously owned 2018 Vegas. Have they been stored folded or rolled up? Thanks!
Old 08-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #1673

THOR #12686
Quote:
Dinner? I do remember a beer.

HAH! I found it! And it was on Amazon, but eluded my search. https://www.amazon.com/Sydien-Cabine...V8F8SZWENJ67PN

The ring separates at the hinge. I used a jeweler's file to clean up the cast pin and the edges. The 3M Exterior mount tape is heavy duty and it's strength maxes in several hours so I let it sit overnight before testing but it seems pretty good. If you have access to a body shop, auto molding tape is the gold standard. Also, I'm not throwing away the old ones.
Gnach, you da man! Guess you woke up in the middle of the night like I asked. Thank you sir. I will be ordering today. DW will be pleased.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #1674

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
Quote:

I also finally got around to doing something about the closet in my 25.2. It is a great amount of storage, but I didn’t use it for hanging clothes. So, after trying to figure how to address it for a year, I finally found some wire shelves from Home Depot. I got two of them and put them together (see pictures).

Now, I have the same amount of stuff in the closet, but it’s not all sitting on top of one another. Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar1567188317.840974.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	19940Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar1567188336.786812.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	19941Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar1567188370.829046.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	19942
Old 08-30-2019, 08:18 PM   #1675

THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSexton View Post
I also finally got around to doing something about the closet in my 25.2. It is a great amount of storage, but I didn’t use it for hanging clothes. So, after trying to figure how to address it for a year, I finally found some wire shelves from Home Depot. I got two of them and put them together (see pictures).

Now, I have the same amount of stuff in the closet, but it’s not all sitting on top of one another.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #1676
Tjk

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Maryland
THOR #14463
Driver console mod

I want a little storage compartment to hold registration and stuff.
This is how I did it.
https://youtu.be/xxT_9g_NlK4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CDC52166-357E-4D0A-A1C2-9032E58E1F33.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	19996   Click image for larger version

Name:	51FB6DC5-3D8E-44C6-A008-02D1A6763F44.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	19997  

Old 09-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #1677

THOR #12231
That looks Awesome Tjk. Great Idea. I will look into this. I think I would line the inside of mine with that thin carpet that you see inside some compartments. That would keep it quiet inside if you have hard things banging around?

Your skills are above mine so I might just hinge the entire top of the console and zip tie + wire loom the wires? Then seperate the speaker from the top side of the console with some thin wood or plastic?

Or better yet we send you our consoles and you make it just like your for like $100?
Old 09-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #1678

THOR #12231
I just checked out the Youtube channel...Great work.... Keep them coming .... I will be looking for them.

You can take some of the other postings/Ideals from this forum for video material. Most of us would not care if you share our ideas and personally I dont have time (or desire) to make videos so you would be doing us a favor. Perhaps PM the person who posted the ideas or mods first to see if they care if you turn it into a video?

Personally I would like to see more mods like the drivers side console.

Perhaps some storage in the bulkhead above the front windshield? I insulated mine last year (no insulated above the cockpit on our Axis/Vegas models). Search for my posting.

Lots of un-used space begging for a cubby hole or cabinet door.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #1679
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
This winter's mod

Well I'm about to embark on the latest mod for our Axis. Showing up today and tomorrow are the following two items:
New Sink (Amazon)
New cooktop (Amazon)
(Have to pick a new faucet for the new sink)

The plan is to replace the counter top with new one--still researching the countertop (I may end up having the same local cabinet maker that made my bathroom panel make the counter top--that way I can have them cut the holes for the cooktop and sink).

So here is the before picture (yeah it still looks like this for now LOL):
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-04 15.09.48.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	20068

The two wrinkles in the plan:
  • There will be a gap above the drawer where the old stove was. Not sure if I'll put a vent cover there or just trim it up with wood (the cabinet maker already knows the stain! LOL)
  • The new sink is 10" deep, old one is 6"--those 4" may cause me to lose the top drawer under the sink

I'll know more once the parts arrive. (We still have one more trip planned for the year so "demo day" won't be for another few weeks.)

The idea here is that both the sink & cooktop are essentially flat so we'll gain a bunch of counter space when both aren't being used as a sink and a stove.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #1680

THOR #12231
That sound great Jamie. Cant wait to see the final results. I love that sink and stove you picked out.