Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2019, 06:15 PM   #1781

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelaxusAxis View Post
Thank you for the input, (and I have a difficult time saying this without smiling), "ducksface". You are right of course. The hubby tends to try to avoid future frustration by trying to imagine every possible reason why a plan won't work. We are currently in LA and the camper is in KY so I cannot measure the width of the space we have or the space needed for the opened length of the bed. Based on your response I feel it is possible. Now for the logistics. :-)

Your hubby must be an Engineer. They always look at worst case scenarios...don't ask me how I know.

Old 10-22-2019, 12:23 AM   #1782

THOR #6725
Not an engineer but I appreciate all who are. I am sure we have been spared more trouble than we will ever know by a good engineer.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:38 AM   #1783

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Slide being out, to the handles on the drawers is 89 inches.
Width of slide, inside is just under 67.5
Height to bottom of window is just under 30
Depth of my couch is 37.

You said you were away from your 24.1
I thought this might give you a day of shopping if you don't take up the offer a post or two up about the factory couch.
I have read that different years have slightly different slides, but this will get you close enough to know if the thing you want even exists.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:42 AM   #1784

THOR #13932
Installed dual Tornado black tank washer-outers.

Thor Forums - View Single Post - I want to start a new thread about nothing, and let it run...
Old 10-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #1785

THOR #6725
Smile Many thanks for the specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Slide being out, to the handles on the drawers is 89 inches.
Width of slide, inside is just under 67.5
Height to bottom of window is just under 30
Depth of my couch is 37.

You said you were away from your 24.1
I thought this might give you a day of shopping if you don't take up the offer a post or two up about the factory couch.
I have read that different years have slightly different slides, but this will get you close enough to know if the thing you want even exists.

Thank you! I do appreciate the measurements and the effort it must have taken to get them . I hesitate to ask but I am going to anyway, the measurement of the "slide being out" was that taken from the table storage "box"? If so, then we are "in like Flynn" on that one and I can shop to my dream's content.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:37 PM   #1786

THOR #13932
It was taken from the wall.
Our tables store in the closet with clips.
We do not have a storage box for the tables.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:42 PM   #1787

THOR #6725
Many thanks

Thank you for the info, ducksface. We can work with that.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:56 PM   #1788

THOR #13932
Thor Forums - View Single Post - I want to start a new thread about nothing, and let it run...

I built in four USB and two 12v receptacles to the dash.
Easy.
Expensive. I don't remember paying 27 bucks apiece for those.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:46 PM   #1789

Brand: Still Looking
State: Maryland
THOR #16979
We replaced the entry door window on our 2016 vegas. We put in an Edwin RV entry door window. Camping world has it, so do a couple of other rv supply stores. Opens and closes for air, clear so you can see through and get light. It is larger then the original so we had to cut the hole in the door a couple of inches bigger. Not a big deal, took less then an hour to install. And that's only because we had to cut the hole in the door. I am working on a basic privacy cover for when we need privacy. Driving, it was nice to have the larger clear window there.

I also picked up a cup holder/mini tray on amazon for the driver side. The cup holder is just the right size for a soda can. Too small for a lot of other mugs etc. But like I said for us its great and might come in handy for someone else. The little tray is great for putting snacks on. The tray is also small enough to not run into the driver's knee. On Amazon it's called the:

AUTUT Automotive Car Cup Tray Phone Drink Coffee Holder Snack Food Organizer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3815.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	21154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3823.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	21155  

Old 10-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #1790

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #16979
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelaxusAxis View Post
I apologize if this has been discussed before but I promise, I did search and could not find a thread for our question. We do not have guests in our Axis 24.1 often but when we do, we sleep on the convertacouch bed thingy with the air mattress that came with the camper. I would like to replace that thingy with a for real sofa bed. Before I get one and make my dear hubby try to retro fit something that will never work, has anyone else replaced their couch with a sofa bed?
Thank you all in advance for your time and suggestions.
You can call a local Thor dealer and they can take your model info and then tell you what is available that will fit. We have that blow up mattress pull out thing too. We want a basic jack knife type sofa. I keep hoping to find one used somewhere on the east coast. Heading to Maine & Florida in the next 6 months! if anyone has one to get rid of

We have a 2016 vegas 24.1. If you search camping world for Thomas Payne Heritage series you get some options. The 68" wide is what would fit in our slide out space. I looked at the trifold bed version and it has sizes that might help you. It looks like length wise you would have 72" for their trifold bed. According to my vegas brochure the blow up mattress sleeping area is 74" long.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #1791
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Our Axis has the inflatable mattress as well. We have used it when traveling with family, offering them our bedroom. As long as we keep it inflated well, we are OK with it..but would not want to use it on a regular basis.

Our previous motorhome had a hide-a-bed … the mattress was horrible and the springs were bad too. After struggling to be comfortable..we ordered a new RV 3 core foam mattress and Ron devised a 3 piece plywood board which folded up for storage...which we placed over the springs. Problem solved. That was about 7 yrs ago and the mattress cost was about $500.
MY POINT BEING...before you purchase a Hide-A-Bed...check it out..make sure you will be happy with it.

HAPPY CAMPING !!

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:25 PM   #1792
Tjk

Model: Vegas 25.3
THOR #14463
Awning end cap mod

Hello I have a 2018 Vegas with the new Carefree Latitude Awning. I lost my first awning end cap. I know it had to come off while driving. So I came up with a fix to stop the awning cap from coming off so easy. Hope it helps.https://youtu.be/qku6MPBhauE
Old 10-31-2019, 10:42 PM   #1793
Tjk

Model: Vegas 25.3
THOR #14463
Residential lock entry door

Hello I have a 2018 Vegas with the new style door latch and RVLocks doesn’t make one for the new style. So I figured out a way to put a keypad deadbolt on my entry door. I installed it in early May it as worded flawlessly. I wanted to make sure it work properly before I posted how I did it. Knowing if I Messed up or didn’t work the entry door wood be in repairable. I lucked out that I didn’t and it worked.

https://youtu.be/vxC_JVAFJfY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	263A55A7-A35C-4926-85DB-621F0CC6874A.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	21195   Click image for larger version

Name:	50D4E573-0AAF-4EFA-9F3B-82A41F1EA5C0.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	21196  

Old 10-31-2019, 11:34 PM   #1794

THOR #13932
I saw your video on YouTube.
I've been subscribed to you for a while now.
That was nicely done.
(or I THINK it was you. Your YouTube link is typed in wrong in your post.)
Old 10-31-2019, 11:39 PM   #1795

THOR #13932

My custom front winch mount/hitch is finished.
I carry a 9,000lb portable winch that will plug right into that front hitch, or the rear hitch.
Too small of a winch to pull us out if we're frame flat in the mud, but more than adequate at 18,000lb with a snatch block.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:26 AM   #1796

THOR #13932

Did one more mod tonight.
The mod box is getting empty.
Someone needs to show me their new mods so I'll have something to do.

Please don't make me go back to trimming trees
I've been using the 24.1 as an excuse....
Old 11-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #1797

THOR #13932
I bought a GROUP project for us to work on.

Please consider helping with it.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:18 PM   #1798

THOR #6725
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardspecial View Post
You can call a local Thor dealer and they can take your model info and then tell you what is available that will fit. We have that blow up mattress pull out thing too. We want a basic jack knife type sofa. I keep hoping to find one used somewhere on the east coast. Heading to Maine & Florida in the next 6 months! if anyone has one to get rid of

We have a 2016 vegas 24.1. If you search camping world for Thomas Payne Heritage series you get some options. The 68" wide is what would fit in our slide out space. I looked at the trifold bed version and it has sizes that might help you. It looks like length wise you would have 72" for their trifold bed. According to my vegas brochure the blow up mattress sleeping area is 74" long.
Thank you much for the reply to my post and for the information. And, someone, I can't remember their user name, replied to my earlier post saying they had removed either a sleeper sofa or jack knife from their rig and needed it gone. They are in Florida. Maybe you can find it if you back track a bit or look for posts under my user name.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:23 PM   #1799

THOR #6725
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Our Axis has the inflatable mattress as well. We have used it when traveling with family, offering them our bedroom. As long as we keep it inflated well, we are OK with it..but would not want to use it on a regular basis.

Our previous motorhome had a hide-a-bed … the mattress was horrible and the springs were bad too. After struggling to be comfortable..we ordered a new RV 3 core foam mattress and Ron devised a 3 piece plywood board which folded up for storage...which we placed over the springs. Problem solved. That was about 7 yrs ago and the mattress cost was about $500.
MY POINT BEING...before you purchase a Hide-A-Bed...check it out..make sure you will be happy with it.

HAPPY CAMPING !!

K
Thank you for replying and for sharing your experience. :-). We appreciate any advice and information. From the price range we find we must look in I think we definitely need to "sleep on it" literally or at least take it for a test rest before purchasing.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:28 PM   #1800

THOR #13932
I finished the dual Tornado black tank washer-outer install today.
It's now all plumbed with a quick fitting for shore water.
Details and pictures are in the link.