Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Axis/Vegas RVs... Making the bed

I don't know if any threads have touched on this subject, but after getting home from the dealer, and stripping the bed of the 'display only' bedding and pillows, what type of bedding has everyone gone with? Do you find making the bed in the limited space of these models to be somewhat hard?
On our Vegas 25.3, the bed is one that folds in half when we bring in the slide. I've added to it a memory foam 4" topper, and hoo boy! is it comphy! BUT, straightening the bedding and making the bed tends to be a chore, and when folding up the bed to move on usually makes the bedding fall off from the foot of the bed, forcing one to re-make it once you unfold the bed.
Well, no more! I've (finally) gotten up to speed in this department and ordered my set of Beddy's Bedding, and I don't know how we lived without it for this long! Zippered bedding is da bomb! and this particular brand is of a very good quality and oh-so-soft. The queen-sized sheets/blanket/bedspread came with 2 pillow shams and 2 coordinating pillow cases. The best part is that the bedding stays put, even when the bed is folded, and making the bed is little more than getting out and zipping up the sides.
There are a few youtube videos online for this brand, but here's mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beddy's.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	20943  

2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:03 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Thanks. We'll look into this. Hadn't heard or read of one before.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Beddy's bedding... Thanks for the tip!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:26 PM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Great idea. These have been around for a long time, but not real popular because of the cost. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #5

THOR #13932
The spousal unit does upholstery work as a barter.
I think she's goofy and it's a lot of work, but she likes it.
The cost on those beddy beds is ridiculous.
But
We'll not only have a pair soon enough, bespoke by her, but we'll have a pattern available to all who does the twin twin thing in a 24.1.

Stand by.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:32 PM   #6

THOR #16016
what is the best way to makes Axis/Vegas RVs?
i am confused here as getting mixed kind of information.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:20 AM   #7

State: British Columbia
THOR #2763
We also have a bedroom slide with a queen(ish) bed that folds more or less in half when you slide the room in to travel. We found the bed was too hard for our taste so we put on a foam topper (huge difference!), fitted and flat sheet and a duvet. There’s not really enough room to walk around the bed when making it, so making the bed means crawling around on the mattress a lot. The biggest issue is that the foam topper tends to shift down toward the foot of the bed (because we have to scoot off the foot of the bed to get out) and I have to shove the foamie back up daily. Which is awkward when there’s a fitted sheet on top of it...kind of have to unmake and remake the bed each day.

I would love any suggestions that would help with this!
Old 10-28-2019, 01:59 AM   #8

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
We use a big sheet of the corrugated plastic drawer liner that they use under rugs under the folding bed in our Vegas 25.2. It limits the sliding, which got even worse when we added a 5" foam between the head of the mattress and the wall. I really appreciate having the extra mattress length.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:21 PM   #9

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13555
Great idea. I may try my hand at making these.
They are a little pricey and I’d probably use better materials than they do.
Thanks
Old 10-30-2019, 11:24 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by V&D axis View Post
Great idea. I may try my hand at making these.
They are a little pricey and I’d probably use better materials than they do.
Thanks
I considered making my own after finding a youtube video instruction on it, but in the interest of time (projects in our household tend to stretch into years.) and cost (I can do anything... I just can't do it as inexpensively as they can!), ordering it from Beddy's was my best option. The quality, as it turns out, is VERY good! And when you factor in all the pieces you get (sheets/blanket/comforter/shams/pillow cases), the cost is very reasonable, even though pricey.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:35 PM   #11

State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
I don't know if any threads have touched on this subject, but after getting home from the dealer, and stripping the bed of the 'display only' bedding and pillows, what type of bedding has everyone gone with? Do you find making the bed in the limited space of these models to be somewhat hard?
On our Vegas 25.3, the bed is one that folds in half when we bring in the slide. I've added to it a memory foam 4" topper, and hoo boy! is it comphy! BUT, straightening the bedding and making the bed tends to be a chore, and when folding up the bed to move on usually makes the bedding fall off from the foot of the bed, forcing one to re-make it once you unfold the bed.
Well, no more! I've (finally) gotten up to speed in this department and ordered my set of Beddy's Bedding, and I don't know how we lived without it for this long! Zippered bedding is da bomb! and this particular brand is of a very good quality and oh-so-soft. The queen-sized sheets/blanket/bedspread came with 2 pillow shams and 2 coordinating pillow cases. The best part is that the bedding stays put, even when the bed is folded, and making the bed is little more than getting out and zipping up the sides.
There are a few youtube videos online for this brand, but here's mine!
As soon as we got our Vegas home I purchased Beddys bedding. Yes, it was expensive, but so much easier to make the twin beds! It made something that was a complete pain in the derrière become a breeze.
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:53 PM   #12

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabs4 View Post
As soon as we got our Vegas home I purchased Beddys bedding. Yes, it was expensive, but so much easier to make the twin beds! It made something that was a complete pain in the derrière become a breeze.
Absolutely correct.
I put a qualifier into my comment on the price, and I may have needed to be more clear for those who thought I meant everyone;

If you don't have quilting ability and equipment, buy Beddy's if ease of life is the main concern.

You can't begin to save a penny if you don't already have the equipment and skill set.
If you do have the equipment, it's a fun project and cheap to do.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:41 PM   #13

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
I actually stand mine on end against the wardrobe and use sheet keepers on the bottom sheet. Never have a problem. Doing it in the limited space is definitely a challenge.