Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2019, 05:25 AM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinD49 View Post
I have been down this road. Apparently one adapter does not fit or work with all. All of the adapters I have found only work with specific manufacturers.
Some grills have specific regulators that are only for their specific grill. You cannot run two regulators in series either.
One suggestion I have seen is to modify your tank hookup with a T before your regulator, the adapters may work.
I think I am going to wait for someone to have a grill sale and buy one is designed to work with an RV system.
Correct, so you need to make sure that they make a retrofitting kit for your model.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:26 AM   #22

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
The Coleman Roadtrip LXE 2-burner will not work with the port on my DRV. I’ve spent a small fortune on hoses, adapters, fittings, etc, including removing the regulator from the grill, and nothing works. The factory rep advised me that this grill is high pressure and will not work on any low pressure port. My DRV port is low pressure.
This is why I bought the Weber. I was about to pull the trigger on that grill, but I could not find a kit for it.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:54 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
We have a regulator at the tank with an extension to the passenger side of the coach with a quick connect. We like to use a Coleman grille with and without our rig. We thought of modifying the Coleman to accept the regulated propane from the quick connect. But since we use the grille away from the camper we will need the regulator. So we are thinking about moving the quick connect hose to the tank side of the regulator.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:19 AM   #24

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
I ordered a 12’ LP hose on amazon. I just removed hose and regulator for small bottles and new hose screwed on. Works good for me
Old 11-05-2019, 10:54 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
We have a regulator at the tank with an extension to the passenger side of the coach with a quick connect. We like to use a Coleman grille with and without our rig. We thought of modifying the Coleman to accept the regulated propane from the quick connect. But since we use the grille away from the camper we will need the regulator. So we are thinking about moving the quick connect hose to the tank side of the regulator.
Removing or installing the regulator is actually a pretty simple task. Just keep it in a handy spot, and you can switch back and forth as you wish.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #26

Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Michigan
THOR #17210
I bought this kit, and find it to be worth what it cost because the blue aluminum block included replaces the regulator, thereby giving the same support as the original assembly has.

https://torjik.com/converta-ql2-rv-q...ls-12-ft-hose/
Old 11-08-2019, 07:39 PM   #27

Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Well we have the charbroil Grill to go 200
It is set up to use the small bottles, I'd like to use it with the MH main tank.
Here's where my mind is going...I have the old grill same type set up, I think the "regulator " is the tiny fitting that goes into the bottle when screwed together. My plan is to remove said fitting and see what kind of pressure comes out of the business end on the valve set see picture. The little brass fitting is what I think does the regulation.
Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191108_141439.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	21336  
Old 11-09-2019, 03:40 AM   #28
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post

The quick connect and its hose are intended for low pressure... search for “extend-a-stay”. It is intended to go between tank and regulator and gives you a high pressure port... same fitting as top of disposable bottles. add a high pressure hose if more length needed, and connect to your regulated grill.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #29

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
THOR #16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
The quick connect and its hose are intended for low pressure... search for “extend-a-stay”. It is intended to go between tank and regulator and gives you a high pressure port... same fitting as top of disposable bottles. add a high pressure hose if more length needed, and connect to your regulated grill.
Ah, did not realize this. Thanks!
Old 11-11-2019, 11:00 PM   #30

THOR #13360
I haven't found anything to cover the grill. I got side tracked with my experiments modifying the regulator with a couple MH projects that needed attention.
Once I get those done, the weed eater running again, leaves blown and a few other items I'll start again. Maybe if the weather turns bad I'll be able to look at the grill.
Thanks for all the ideas, this should be that hard to do. If I can work out the details I'll post some pictures and step by step
Old 11-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
If it "floats your goat":
Old 11-12-2019, 09:21 PM   #32

Model: Palazzo 36.1
THOR #13712
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureTheSouth View Post
I thought about installing a converter and running a grill off the coach propane - but tank is on the opposite side of the rig from where we'll always setup the grill. Didn't want the expense of a hose that long, much less the hassle of storing and setting it up every time.

So I invested in a nice SS Cuisinart table-top grill that I can run off either 1-pound or 20-pound tanks. Large enough for our needs, and small enough to setup anywhere and easily store. Grill and a 20# tank fit nicely in one of the smaller basement doors on our rig. Been using this for about 16 months, and quite pleased with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CGG...s%2C269&sr=8-3
We had the same issue but where the black pipe for LP ended and the stove and water heater Tee connected took over (copper) I added another Tee and a cutoff valve, added 12 feet of hose and now can grill from the passenger side - the best part is that the gas connection is inside a storage compartment staying clean and safe from being misused. Bought the grill at Costco years ago and have been using the on-board low pressure for years. Was at a CW one time and the sales guy was selling a customer on a 25 lb tank, grill and such so I took him aside and showed him the parts he needed for his current grill. CW guy said it would not work - yup it does and has for about 10 years! This forum will save you a bunch of headaches!

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Do you have any pictures that you can post?
Old 11-13-2019, 12:49 AM   #34

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I have a propane connection on the passenger side for connecting to a BBQ.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:56 AM   #35

Model: Palazzo 36.1
THOR #13712
Bob, As soon as I get the coach back I'll post them. Should be next week, sent it back to CW to repair some body damage they caused in April - didn't want to lose the coach during the summer.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:51 PM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
Bob, As soon as I get the coach back I'll post them. Should be next week, sent it back to CW to repair some body damage they caused in April - didn't want to lose the coach during the summer.
Thanks! Hopefully: it'll help the interested folks to "upgrade" their propane delivery systems!
Old 11-13-2019, 09:58 PM   #37

THOR #13360
Does anyone know if you can have two regulator in line ( the main tank which drops it to 2 lbs. I think then the regulator on the grill which only allows the same 2 lbs.
If that works I found what I need at extend a stay
Old 11-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #38
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHook View Post
Does anyone know if you can have two regulator in line ( the main tank which drops it to 2 lbs. I think then the regulator on the grill which only allows the same 2 lbs.
If that works I found what I need at extend a stay
Yep, lots of people know: You can't run two regulators in series. It doesn't work.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:00 PM   #39
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Sorry: that one doesn't work out too well at all.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:08 PM   #40

THOR #13360
OK, two regulators don't work...

OR would a regular gas valve that would control the flame on the grill on a low pressure line?
I would think the part that screws into the plenum of the grill could be attached to a valve to control the flame? OR am I away off base?