Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2017, 04:26 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds Windsport 36R
State: Ontario
THOR #8513
Black Water Tank flushing kits

I want to install the No Fuss Flush kit on my black water tank, on my 2007 Fourwinds Sportsmen 36R.
This coach has a low profile tank with limited access to be able to drill a hole in the side of the tank.
Has anyone installed one of this water flush systems on a low profile tank and if so was there any issues or lessons learned from your experience.

I thank you for your time.

PS does anyone have a good owners manual for this coach?

Old 09-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds
THOR #9081
Installed a flush kit in a 2008 Coachmen years back, since then all my RVs have come with a factory flush. On the Coachmen, couldn't access where it should have gone so put it on the end of the tank which was closer to the drain end. Found it did not really do the job as it should. Found that it was better to flush by filling a large water container used for camping and dumping it into the toilet.

The 2007 owner's manuals are available for download from the Thor site.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners/owners-manual/
Old 09-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC Windsport View Post
I want to install the No Fuss Flush kit on my black water tank, on my 2007 Fourwinds Sportsmen 36R
If you can, I would recommend the Tornado Rotary Tank Rinser . I can drain my blank tank, run water into it from the bathroom sink till the water runs pretty clear. Then I turn on the Tornado Rinser and am amazed by how much more stuff comes out, particularly TP.
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #4

THOR #8513
Thanks for your reply Peterrr.

My coach has a built in San-T-Flush system but its plugged and I assume its the sprayer that is bunged up. Probably would cost more to have that fixed than to install a new flush kit.

I did have a copy of that Owners Manual and found that it is not helpful for pretty much everything. Its a very generalized manual. I suppose they want you to take it to the dealership for all your maintenance and repair needs as there is little to no information on those matters in it.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #5

THOR #8513
My concern with the Tornado sprayer is its a mechanical sprayer and I am concerned that the mechanisms are prone to being bunged up with tank sludge. I watched a YouTube video showing 3 different sprayers and the No Fuss Flush seemed to have the best spray pattern and has no mechanical parts. The test Tornado didn't even spin right out of the package, however, I did see another video of the Tornado and it did have a good spray pattern provided it had good water pressure. If you hook up using low pressure, the Tornado didn't work well.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:50 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
My concern with the Tornado sprayer is its a mechanical sprayer and I am concerned that the mechanisms are prone to being bunged up with tank sludge. I watched a YouTube video showing 3 different sprayers and the No Fuss Flush seemed to have the best spray pattern and has no mechanical parts. The test Tornado didn't even spin right out of the package, however, I did see another video of the Tornado and it did have a good spray pattern provided it had good water pressure. If you hook up using low pressure, the Tornado didn't work well.
The Tornado is supposed to be mounted high enough in the tank that it shouldn't be touched by the tank contents that much. I wouldn't want to mount it lower--simply to minimize any leak possibilities.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:00 PM   #7

Model: Four Winds
THOR #9081
Quote:

My coach has a built in San-T-Flush system but its plugged and I assume its the sprayer that is bunged up. Probably would cost more to have that fixed than to install a new flush kit.

I did have a copy of that Owners Manual and found that it is not helpful for pretty much everything. Its a very generalized manual. I suppose they want you to take it to the dealership for all your maintenance and repair needs as there is little to no information on those matters in it.
You did check the check valve? Normally accessible under the bathroom sink, if they plumbed it that way back then. I believe the audience for the owner's manuals are for first time RV owners. There are very generic.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #8

THOR #8513
I am about to inspect the check valve today. I am assuming it is under the bathroom sink too, but the used finish staples to seal the access panel which means I will have cut or destroy the panel to get at the plumbing.
What was their rational for using staples instead of screws, do they think their units never break down?

Thank you for you time again, its nice to have support in these types of forums.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #9

THOR #8513
Unfortunately my tanks are low profile tanks and probably only 8 or 10 inches high, so even if I put the nozzle up at the top, it will likely still get washed in the black water and cause failure in any spray nozzle I install.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:26 PM   #10
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:

I've got that same system in my Outlaw.
Do you think that running some hot water through it, might help to clear it out?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote