Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New York
THOR #6597
Changing sofa for recliners FE 30

We are planning on removing the sofa from our FE 30 and replacing it with two recliners in the center console. The service advisor told us this would be no problem. There is currently a heat vent which exits from the bottom of the sofa. Camping world said they can reroute this vent and install a floor vent. The reclining chairs are on order and due in sometime in the next week or two. Has anyone done this modification, and how did it work out. Our concern is that there will not be enough room to extend the recliner's because the dinette is directly opposite the sofa. Service advisor said this will not be a problem. Any thoughts?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #2

State: Arizona
THOR #6649
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandart View Post
We are planning on removing the sofa from our FE 30 and replacing it with two recliners in the center console. The service advisor told us this would be no problem. There is currently a heat vent which exits from the bottom of the sofa. Camping world said they can reroute this vent and install a floor vent. The reclining chairs are on order and due in sometime in the next week or two. Has anyone done this modification, and how did it work out. Our concern is that there will not be enough room to extend the recliner's because the dinette is directly opposite the sofa. Service advisor said this will not be a problem. Any thoughts?
We are doing the same thing in ours. We removed the couch and our swivel recliners will be here soon. We are also removing our dinette as well. So uncomfortable. In the space we will have between recliners we are having 2 holes drilled in the floor to mount 2 removable table legs. We are having the current dinette table cut down so it can be used as the table top.
We are having a J couch made to fit where the dinette used to be. This couch will not be as wide as the dinette, leaving us room to extend recliners.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:36 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New York
THOR #6597
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnwp View Post
We are doing the same thing in ours. We removed the couch and our swivel recliners will be here soon. We are also removing our dinette as well. So uncomfortable. In the space we will have between recliners we are having 2 holes drilled in the floor to mount 2 removable table legs. We are having the current dinette table cut down so it can be used as the table top.

We are having a J couch made to fit where the dinette used to be. This couch will not be as wide as the dinette, leaving us room to extend recliners.

Does that mean that without removing the dinette, there would be enough room for the recliners?
Old 03-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #4

THOR #6649
Quote:
Does that mean that without removing the dinette, there would be enough room for the recliners?

I don't know. Our chairs won't take anymore room than the couch, until we recline. You should be able to find the measurements on your chairs when they are extended and measure the space. It's just the two of us. We don't like or need the dinette, and that is why we are removing it. The J couch will be more functional for our needs. I hope you post pictures when you're done. I'd love to see what you do.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:01 AM   #5

State: Tennessee
THOR #12783
Do you have pictures of the J couch?
Old 08-27-2018, 12:03 AM   #6

State: Tennessee
THOR #12783
I am looking for an alternative for me dine table I have a four winds 30D. Wanting to get recliners or another couch . Do you have pictures of your modifications
Old 09-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #7

Model: Tuscany XTE 40ax
THOR #12997
Recliners for a 2017 Tuscany 40ax model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr1981 View Post
I am looking for an alternative for me dine table I have a four winds 30D. Wanting to get recliners or another couch . Do you have pictures of your modifications
This is what we have in our coach.
Maybe you can look for that model for your coach, it also has the heat vent hole, no rerouting needed.
Hope that helps.

https://d17qgzvii7d4wm.cloudfront.ne....jpg;width=800
2P'sNPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:41 AM   #8

Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Quote:
When you can, please post photos of the reroute of the heater vents.
I want to do this but the 2 vents are located in the bottom of the JK couch.
I see the photo with the heater vent in the center piece.
That is great but what to do with the 2nd vent unless the center piece could have 2 vents.
Thanks.