RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
Fantastic job. Looks great. BTW, been camping lately?
Not in that 3 months that's for sure! When I had to move it out of our driveway I did it by standing up and holding the gas pedal in my hand a few times! It's hard to drive without a seat. It was actually easier to park when you can see the front wheels through the open dash though. haha. My wife kept saying "It's like a christmas present we can't open but it's sitting right in front of you!" We both knew we'd use the cr@p out of it eventually though so it was fine.

Last weekend was overnight at Sunset Beach near Santa Cruz, then overnight at Big Sur on highway 1. We've now slept in it a total of 3 nights! hahaha. Next week we'll be in upstate New York (by plane of course), but when we get back we have two back to back boating trips planned for the Vegas.

We kept a log in our old motorhome, we wrote down every trip that wasn't just a quick overnight. Over 150 trips and well over 100k miles. That thing didn't sit unused in the driveway very often! Hopefully we'll actually get more use out of this Vegas.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Right on. Now you can enjoy all those mods and camping.
I may have as much time fixing mine between trips as you have all at once. I would rather do it the way you did, but things break, leak, melt and don't work at different times, like most every trip.
After it wears it out, I may have it fixed and ready to start over. No, time to trade.